BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> All Stars 5 | Episode 1 Discussion Thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Lukuzz
post 8th June 2020, 08:42 AM
Post #61
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

QUOTE(n @ Jun 6 2020, 04:16 PM) *
Who are we thinking will appear this season as a lip sync assassin?

I'd say these are definitely joining at some point:

Alyssa
Coco
Roxxxy
Raven
Shangela
Detox
Kennedy
Peppermint

Pretty sure only 2 of those you've mentioned are on ��
Reason for edit: no spoilers
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th June 2020, 10:38 AM
Post #62
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

That's what's a shame tbh about Derrick, she was brilliant TV because she's just such a mess in herself, she's one of those queens who I wouldn't say at all I "like" as a drag queen but as a contestant on this reality TV show, she is needed and she's so funny without trying laugh.gif I'd have liked her to stay at least over Mayhem and a couple of others who bring less to the table in terms of entertainment, at least for a couple of episodes. But it looks like there's gonna be plenty of drama regardless *.*

+Quote this post
p a v
post 8th June 2020, 12:08 PM
Post #63
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Part of me thought they would've kept Derrick for longer, with all the India drama. ALSO, it's interesting to see her still being so hateful even after having that talk with India and the latter explaining what she went through to the judges.

I'm here for a messy queen but not for a pressed queen who is unable to move on.

+Quote this post
152chris
post 8th June 2020, 04:16 PM
Post #64
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

will there be a returning queens ep this season?

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 8th June 2020, 09:20 PM
Post #65
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

QUOTE(152chris @ Jun 8 2020, 07:16 PM) *
will there be a returning queens ep this season?

most likely not

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 9th June 2020, 10:30 AM
Post #66
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799

As much as I like Mayhem and think she’s very talented and clearly very popular among the other queens - I don’t think she’s good at Drag Race. I fully would have eliminated her and kept Derrick around as Derrick wasn’t as bad in the variety show and makes for considerably better TV tbh.

+Quote this post
Adam
post 9th June 2020, 12:28 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682

QUOTE(JulianNial @ Jun 8 2020, 08:51 AM) *
As for next week I'd say if Mayhem is in the bottom again then she'll be in trouble unless someone else completely bombs the challenge.

Same with Ongina I think, and I can see her doing worse? I just hope for Mayhems sake the raps are pre recorded and not live lol

+Quote this post
Adam
post 9th June 2020, 12:30 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(*Callum @ Jun 9 2020, 11:30 AM) *
As much as I like Mayhem and think she’s very talented and clearly very popular among the other queens - I don’t think she’s good at Drag Race. I fully would have eliminated her and kept Derrick around as Derrick wasn’t as bad in the variety show and makes for considerably better TV tbh.

I agree with this in terms of the tasks, but she has rocked some of the runways, her challenge win, the Christmas episode, the ball in her season.
I'm really hopeful she will have at least ONE great episode this series.

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 9th June 2020, 12:53 PM
Post #69
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799

QUOTE(Adam @ Jun 9 2020, 01:30 PM) *
I agree with this in terms of the tasks, but she has rocked some of the runways, her challenge win, the Christmas episode, the ball in her season.
I'm really hopeful she will have at least ONE great episode this series.

Yeah that’s what I mean, she’s a great seamstress with a good eye for style, but seems to have such a struggle with translating her personality into every other challenge. She holds back way too much.

+Quote this post
Adam
post 9th June 2020, 06:11 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I wish she'd just opened and closed her eyes for three minutes and slayed lol

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 10th June 2020, 10:34 AM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Overall I think Alexis was a bit robbed of a win - BUT India was fantastic as well and I think was more shocking given her run in Series 3.

So glad Derrick has gone - awful Queen, awful in Series 8 and way overstayed in that series too.

Mayhem is just hype with no substance it seems on the show. I want to see her do well, but it didn't happen in series 10, or in this launch episode. Ongina.... such a lovely person, but the reading was a carcrash and the 'performance' was a little basic. Hopefully she gets out of her head!

Yvie was FANTASTIC in that lipsync

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th June 2020, 11:39 PM
Post #72
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

There's definitely a difference between being a good queen and being good at Drag Race, Mayhem is definitely the former and a prime example of this. Of course, it's Ru's show and it's more indicative of a lot of the things she's been known for, branching out and dabbling in all different forms of media. That's what the show is, for better or worse, and when you come on All Stars especially (if not the main show tbf) you should be prepared for that and know it's coming. When you've got a talent show and the best you can do is stand there in the centre and mangle a rap, it's really not a good impression whatever your power is outside of the show on whatever drag scenes you frequent. It's such a strong season for queens who can do a lot, so Mayhem just isn't up to par in terms of Drag Race, even if she is more than capable in her own ways in terms of *drag*.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 11th June 2020, 08:37 AM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 11 2020, 12:39 AM) *
There's definitely a difference between being a good queen and being good at Drag Race, Mayhem is definitely the former and a prime example of this. Of course, it's Ru's show and it's more indicative of a lot of the things she's been known for, branching out and dabbling in all different forms of media. That's what the show is, for better or worse, and when you come on All Stars especially (if not the main show tbf) you should be prepared for that and know it's coming. When you've got a talent show and the best you can do is stand there in the centre and mangle a rap, it's really not a good impression whatever your power is outside of the show on whatever drag scenes you frequent. It's such a strong season for queens who can do a lot, so Mayhem just isn't up to par in terms of Drag Race, even if she is more than capable in her own ways in terms of *drag*.

Yeah agreed; I think Aja had the same issue initially, however blossomed on AS3 and seemed to have learned how to adapt to what was thrown at her

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 11th June 2020, 05:11 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I think Mayhem's issue is that she doesn't play the game properly and overthinks things. If she just did her "Drama" lip sync without the rapping she would've easily been safe and perhaps even top. I hope she turns things around, because she's such a fierce queen!!!

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:52 AM