BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> UK EOY Box Office - 2023
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
LewisGT
post 28th March 2024, 10:31 PM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

33. Insidious: The Red Door - £8,000,000 (estimated)

FACE YOUR DEMONS.

To put their demons to rest once and for all, Josh Lambert and a college-aged Dalton Lambert must go deeper into The Further than ever before, facing their family’s dark past and a host of new and more horrifying terrors that lurk behind the red door.

Director: Patrick Wilson
Cast: Ty Simpkins, Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne
Release Date: 7th July 2023
Distributor: Sony
Certification: 15
Genre: Horror
Rotten Tomatoes: 38%
IMDb: 5.5

Top 15 Chart Run: 3-4-6-8-11-14 (6 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £2,279,084 (#3)

This top 40 is just showing how consistent horror is at the box-office with 6/8 films so far being some flavour of the horror genre. This is the 5th instalment of the Insidious franchise and was the directing debut by franchise star Patrick Wilson. Bucking the trend for most franchises in 2023, this was the most successful Insidious film, beating of 2013's 'Insidious: Chapter 2' (£7.2 million).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 28th March 2024, 10:32 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

32. PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie - £8,100,000 (estimated)

UNLEASH YOUR POWERS.

A magical meteor crash lands in Adventure City and gives the PAW Patrol pups superpowers, transforming them into The Mighty Pups.

Director: Cal Brunker
Cast: Mckenna Grace, Taraji P. Henson, Christian Convery
Release Date: 13th October 2023
Distributor: Paramount
Certification: U
Genre: Kids
Rotten Tomatoes: 71%
IMDb: 6.0

Top 15 Chart Run: 2-5-5-5-7-11-13-(x)-15 (8 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £3,348,155 (#2)

A sharp turn in direction for our #32 'PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie' is the 2nd cinematic entry of the long-running Kids show after 2021's 'Paw Patrol: The Movie'. This sequel ended up slightly down on the original but due to the low budgets, was still an absolutely huge runaway hit.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 28th March 2024, 10:32 PM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

31. Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts - £8,250,000 (estimated)

UNITE OR FALL.

When a new threat capable of destroying the entire planet emerges, Optimus Prime and the Autobots must team up with a powerful faction known as the Maximals. With the fate of humanity hanging in the balance, humans Noah and Elena will do whatever it takes to help the Transformers as they engage in the ultimate battle to save Earth.

Director: Steven Caple Jr.
Cast: Anthony Ramos, Dominique Fishback, Peter Cullen
Release Date: 8th June 2023
Certification: 12A
Genre: Action
Rotten Tomatoes: 52%

Top 15 Chart Run: 2-4-7-8-9-10-12 (7 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £2,973,478 (#2)

Michael Bay has finally left the Transformers franchise with this following in the footsteps of prequel 'Bumblebee' to have a different director. 'Rise Of The Beasts' had comfortably the lowest opening for any of these films (£3 million compared to 2017's 'Transformers: The Last Knight's £4.6 million opening). That film also had the previous lowest total at £9.5 million which this couldn't quite match. It's a long way off the £19.5 million takings of franchise peak 'Age Of Extinction' (2014) but with the market still recovering after the pandemic and so many flop franchises recently, I don't think this ended up doing that bad.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th March 2024, 11:29 PM
Post #84
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I enjoyed 'The Nun II' more than the first. It was responsible for one of my favourite movie moments of last year the magazine/newsstand scene is INSANE and incredibly well done! I do think 'The Nun' is a pretty overrated part of 'The Conjuring' universe on the whole though. Should've been left alone as the small side story in #2.

I didn't care for the new 'Insidious' movie tbh. I thought it was meh. Decent enough, but I definitely wanted it to be better than it was. HATED 'The Exorcist: Believer'. Absolutely DIRE. So, SO disappointed. I did enjoy 'SAW X' though and it's firmly in my top 3 'SAW' movies! It suffered in it's length a bit (shock, horror) but I had a really good time with it and I was actually impressed with how much I liked it. 'Scream VI' is SOOOO good! I love the new cast SO much and it showed to me that they could absolutely carry the franchise on without Neve... I am incredibly frustrated with SpyGlass and their handling of Melissa! Disgraceful. I'm really disappointed in Neve for agreeing to go back... I thought she'd be more supportive of Melissa tbh.

'The Creator' is SO good and very under appreciated, I think. It definitely wasn't as "original" as it promised itself to be but it was still very good! 'The Marvels' is INCREDIBLY underrated and by FAR the most over hated movie of 2023, imo. SO much fun and it's one I can definitely re-watch with ease each time. I do think the writer's strike and not being able to promote it hindered it a lot, but it definitely didn't overcome the bandwagon hate train enough. Iman Vellani is such a STAR! I found 'Equalizer 3' to be really boring tbh.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 1st April 2024, 07:56 PM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

30. The Equalizer 3 - £8,600,000 (estimated)

JUSTICE KNOWS NO BORDERS

Robert McCall finds himself at home in Southern Italy but he discovers his friends are under the control of local crime bosses. As events turn deadly, McCall knows what he has to do: become his friends’ protector by taking on the mafia.

Director: Antoine Fuqua
Cast: Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning, Eugenio Mastrandrea
Release Date: 1st September 2023
Rotten Tomatoes: 76%
IMDb: 6.8

Top 15 Chart Run: 1-3-3-5-6-12 (6 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £2,783,302 (#1)

Denzel Washington's first ever sequel became his first ever trilogy with 'The Equalizer 3' concluding the TV-remake franchise. Denzel has really proved what a great movie star he is with the grosses for each film being incredibly consistent. I could see Sony trying to convince him and Fuqua to comeback for a 4th entry. This was being billed as a re-teaming of Denzel and Dakota Fanning, who originally starred together in 2004's 'Man On Fire' when Dakota was only 10 years old.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 1st April 2024, 07:56 PM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

29. The Flash - £8,856,170 (estimated)

WORLDS COLLIDE.

When his attempt to save his family inadvertently alters the future, Barry Allen becomes trapped in a reality in which General Zod has returned and there are no Super Heroes to turn to. In order to save the world that he is in and return to the future that he knows, Barry’s only hope is to race for his life. But will making the ultimate sacrifice be enough to reset the universe?

Director: Andy Muschietti
Cast: Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton, Sasha Calle
Release Date: 14th June 2023
Distributor: Warner Bros.
Genre: Superhero
Rotten Tomatoes: 63%
IMDb: 6.7

Top 15 Chart Run: 1-2-7-10-12 (5 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £4,252,532 (#1)

DC's attempt to go across the multi-verse didn't get off to a good start with everything Ezra Miller did during the months prior to the films release. They caused more chaos than any super-villain from the DCEU managed! This was the first time Michael Keaton had put on the batsuit since 1992's 'Batman Returns' but with Ezra Miller and the fact that James Gunn had already been announced to be rebooting DC Films, this felt like it had no chance from the start. There is one last entry for the DCEU to come, can they scrape one final top 20 EOY placing?

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 1st April 2024, 07:57 PM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

28. Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom - £9,726,598 (estimated)

THE TIDE IS TURNING.

Black Manta seeks revenge on Aquaman for his father’s death. Wielding the Black Trident’s power, he becomes a formidable foe. To defend Atlantis, Aquaman forges an alliance with his imprisoned brother. They must protect the kingdom.

Director: James Wan
Cast: Jason Momoa, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
Release Date: 21st December 2023
Genre: Superhero
Rotten Tomatoes: 34%
IMDb: 5.6

Top 15 Chart Run: 2-3-5-8-12-14 (6 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £2,484,442 (#2)

Not quite as the final ever release of the DCEU, 'The Lost Kingdom' was the follow-up to DC's most successful, and only billion grossing release of the 'extended universe', 2018's 'Aquaman'. It might not have even come close to reaching those heights but at least it was the biggest of the last 4 films they released last year. The original 'Aquaman' was my favourite film of the DCEU and this is probably my 2nd favourite. It's blatantly ridiculous with a paper-thin plot (every scene is a side-quest to retrieve something) but I found it the right kind of silly and enjoyable. Ending it in the exact same way as 2008's 'Iron Man' and 'Black Panther' was a bold move! 'I am Aquaman' laugh.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

27. A Haunting In Venice - £9,828,388 (estimated)

DEATH WAS ONLY THE BEGINNING.

Celebrated sleuth Hercule Poirot, now retired and living in self-imposed exile in Venice, reluctantly attends a Halloween séance at a decaying, haunted palazzo. When one of the guests is murdered, the detective is thrust into a sinister world of shadows and secrets.

Director: Kenneth Branagh
Cast: Kenneth Branagh, Michelle Yeoh, Tina Fey
Release Date: 15th September 2023
Distributor: Disney
Rotten Tomatoes: 76%
IMDb: 6.5

Top 15 Chart Run: 1-1-3-5-8-12-13-11 (6 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £2,186,930 (#1)

After the pretty rubbish 'Death on the Nile', Kenneth Branagh decided to properly mix it up with his 3rd attempt at Poirot by adapting one of the lesser-known Agatha Christie novels and creating a spooky, horror-tinged mystery for the detective to crack. I thought this was a fun twist and has got me back on board for any further adventures to come. I think it is impressive that it made this much at the cinemas though because I watched in on Disney+ and that feels like the perfect place to see it.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

26. Killers Of The Flower Moon - £9,900,000 (estimated)

GREED IS AN ANIMAL THAT HUNGERS FOR BLOOD.

At the turn of the 20th century, oil brought a fortune to the Osage Nation, who became some of the richest people in the world overnight. The wealth of these Native Americans immediately attracted white interlopers, who manipulated, extorted, and stole as much Osage money as they could before resorting to murder. Based on a true story and told through the improbable romance of Ernest Burkhart (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Mollie Kyle (Lily Gladstone), “Killers of the Flower Moon” is an epic western crime saga, where real love crosses paths with unspeakable betrayal.

Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, Lily Gladstone
Release Date: 20th October 2023
Genre: Drama
Rotten Tomatoes: 93%
IMDb: 7.6

Top 15 Chart Run: 2-3-3-3-8-12 (6 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £2,531,393 (#2)

It's always an event when Martin Scorsese releases a new film and 'Killers of the Flower Moon' was no exception. Based on the 2007 non-fiction book 'Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI', this was his 10th team-up with De Niro and 6th collab with DiCaprio and Apple was happy to put up a $200 million budget to make it. The star of the show, however, is Lily Gladstone who seemed sure to take home the 'Best Actress' Oscar before Emma Stone's name was read. This ended up being an Oscar disappointment, taking home no awards from 10 nominations and the ballooned budget just shows why you can't expect Apple to last long in the movie production game.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 9th April 2024, 08:41 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

25. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem - £10,300,000 (estimated)

A NEW GENERATION OF HEROES WILL RISE… STRAIGHT FROM THE SEWERS.

After years of being sheltered from the human world, the Turtle brothers set out to win the hearts of New Yorkers and be accepted as normal teenagers through heroic acts. Their new friend April O’Neil helps them take on a mysterious crime syndicate, but they soon get in over their heads when an army of mutants is unleashed upon them.

Director: Jeff Rowe, Kyler Spears
Cast: Micah Abbey, Shamon Brown Jr., Nicolas Cantu
Release Date: 31st July 2023
Certification: PG
Rotten Tomatoes: 95%
IMDb: 7.2

Top 15 Chart Run: 4-6-6-6-5-9-10-12 (8 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £3,662,250 (#4)

25 films grossed more than £10 million at the box office last year with the first of these being 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem'. The latest attempt to reboot the legendary comic-book characters, this one was produced by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg's 'Point Grey Pictures' studio and sees the novel approach of actually casting real-life teenagers to portray the adolescent reptiles. This is one of those post 'Spider-Verse' animated films that embrace the comic-book-y animation style and was a huge critical hit. A sequel is planned for 2026, while a TV spin-off is set to debut on Paramount+ later this year.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 9th April 2024, 08:41 PM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

24. Five Nights At Freddy's - £10,600,000 (estimated)

CAN YOU SURVIVE FIVE NIGHTS?

Recently fired and desperate for work, a troubled young man named Mike agrees to take a position as a night security guard at an abandoned theme restaurant: Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria. But he soon discovers that nothing at Freddy’s is what it seems.

Director: Emma Tammi
Cast: Josh Hutcherson, Piper Rubio, Elizabeth Lail
Release Date: 25th October 2023
Distributor: Universal
Rotten Tomatoes: 32%
IMDb: 5.5

Top 15 Chart Run: 1-2-4-9-14 (5 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £5,379,587 (#1)

In a good year for horror on the big screen, the biggest hit of all was the long-awaited adaptation of 'Five Nights At Freddy's'. The point-and-click indie videogame that became a massive franchise, I don't think anyone really anticipated just how many people were waiting for this to release. Despite being a day-and-date release on Peacock as well as cinemas, the film broke all sort of records in it's opening weekend in the US and became Blumhouse's biggest ever release. It dropped like a stone after the crazy opening weekend but that weekend was so good that it was still comfortably one of the most profitable releases of the year.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 9th April 2024, 08:42 PM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

23. Anyone But You - £11,600,000 (estimated)

THEY ONLY LOOK LIKE THE PERFECT COUPLE.

After an amazing first date, Bea and Ben’s fiery attraction turns ice cold — until they find themselves unexpectedly reunited at a destination wedding in Australia. So they do what any two mature adults would do: pretend to be a couple.

Director: Will Gluck
Cast: Sydney Sweeney, Glen Powell, Alexandra Shipp
Release Date: 26th December 2023
Genre: Rom-Com
Rotten Tomatoes: 56%
IMDb: 6.2

Top 15 Chart Run: 5-4-3-4-4-6-7-9-12-13 (10 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £1,253,694 (#5)

Proving that there's life in the romcom yet, 'Anyone But You' was a big hit at the start of this year, despite a slow start when it was originally released on boxing day. Actually increasing in weeks 2 and 3, good buzz saw the film hang around for a while and become a must-see event. Loosely based on Much Ado About Nothing and featuring two of the hottest young talents in Hollywood today, the jury is still out if this has shot Sweeney and Powell to the a-list of if it was just a one-off.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

22. Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour - £12,200,000 (estimated)

IT’S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING.

The cultural phenomenon continues on the big screen! Immerse yourself in this once-in-a-lifetime concert film experience with a breathtaking, cinematic view of the history-making tour.

Director: Sam Wrench
Cast: Taylor Swift, Mike Meadows, Max Bernstein
Release Date: 13th October 2023
Distributor: Trafalgar
Genre: Concert
Rotten Tomatoes: 99%
IMDb: 8.1

Top 15 Chart Run: 1-3-4-4-8-14 (6 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £5,729,998 (#1)

By some distance, the biggest event cinema release of all-time, 'Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour' was able to pack-out cinema screens all across the nation, a whole 9 months before the concert had even had a reach these shores. I don't think there could have been a better promotion for the tour, because even on a screen, it's a magic experience and has got me so hyped for June. I'm not sure we'll ever see another event cinema release this big ever again.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

21. Meg 2: The Trench - £13,100,000 (estimated)

BACK FOR SECONDS.

An exploratory dive into the deepest depths of the ocean of a daring research team spirals into chaos when a malevolent mining operation threatens their mission and forces them into a high-stakes battle for survival.

Director: Ben Wheatley
Cast: Jason Statham, Jing Wu, Shuya Sophia Cai
Release Date: 4th August 2023
Rotten Tomatoes: 27%
IMDb: 5.0

Top 15 Chart Run: 3-3-4-3-7-11 (6 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £3,777,784 (#3)

We finally got the sequel to 2018's Stath vs Shark extravaganza with the shock choice of British director Ben Wheatley making his first step into mainstream Hollywood Blockbuster filmmaking. It didn't quite catch on in the same way as the original but was still a solid hit. It perhaps has the best tagline of 2023 too on the alternate poster 'New Meg, Old Chum'.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 13th April 2024, 10:25 PM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

20. Wish - £13,200,000 (estimated)

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

Asha, a sharp-witted idealist, makes a wish so powerful that it is answered by a cosmic force – a little ball of boundless energy called Star. Together, Asha and Star confront a most formidable foe - the ruler of Rosas, King Magnifico - to save her community and prove that when the will of one courageous human connects with the magic of the stars, wondrous things can happen.

Director: Chris Buck, Fawn Veerasunthorn
Cast: Ariana DeBose, Chris Pine, Alan Tudyk
Release Date: 24th November 2023
Distributor: Disney
Rotten Tomatoes: 48%
IMDb: 5.6

Top 15 Chart Run: 3-3-2-4-4-6-7-9-8-12 (10 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £2,432,228 (#3)

2023 was supposed to be a banner year for Disney. It was 100 years since the studio was founded and 'Wish' was supposed to be the film to celebrate the 100 year history. But, just like most of their releases last year, this got off to a terrible start with a really poor opening. It did manage to hold really well and lasted 9 weeks in the top 10 but it wasn't enough to recover and it was a big disappointment, not helped by some pretty savage reviews. It recently debuted on Disney+ and I'm also starting to see the signs of a bit of a turning of opinion. I think Wish's legacy will be much kinder than it's current reputation.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

19. Dungeon & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves - £13,700,000 (estimated)

NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.

A charming thief and a band of unlikely adventurers undertake an epic heist to retrieve a lost relic, but things go dangerously awry when they run afoul of the wrong people.

Director: John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein
Cast: Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith
Release Date: 31st March 2023
Distributor: eOne
Rotten Tomatoes: 91%
IMDb: 7.2

Top 15 Chart Run: 1-2-2-3-5-6-10-15 (8 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £3,544,354 (#1)

Back-to-back Chris Pine films with this adaptation of the classic tabletop role-playing game. Completely separate from the first attempt to adapt the game with the trilogy that released between 2000-2012, this one embraces the comedy and comes from directors John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein who previously directed the 2016 'Vacation' remake and the under-rated 'Games Night' alongside writing 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Horrible Bosses' and 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs'. With a huge $150 million budget, this felt like it was bound to be a huge flop, but it put up a valiant effort making $200 million worldwide. Not enough to stop it from being a money-loser but it's overwhelming positive reaction from fans of the franchise means that I think there's definitely hope for a sequel if they budget more appropriately. I thought it was pretty meh though unfortunately.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
Post #97
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

18. Creed III - £14,300,000 (estimated)

NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.

A charming thief and a band of unlikely adventurers undertake an epic heist to retrieve a lost relic, but things go dangerously awry when they run afoul of the wrong people.

Director: Michael B. Jordan
Cast: Michael B. Jordan, Jonathan Majors, Tessa Thompson
Release Date: 3rd March 2023
Genre: Sports
Rotten Tomatoes: 88%
IMDb: 6.7

Top 15 Chart Run: 1-2-2-3-5-9-14 (7 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £5,003,452 (#1)

In something you will only ever be able to hear in 2023, here is the first of two appearances for Jonathan Majors in the top 20 of the EOY chart. If you can cast your minds back to Q1 2023, it really felt like he was on top of the world with this becoming the biggest hit of the Creed trilogy and proving that these films can still work without a certain Mr Rocky Balboa and his first cinematic turn as Kang the Conqueror setting him up to be the new Thanos. But let's not let his actions distract from what was an amazing performance for Michael B. Jordan. Not only starring, but making his directorial debut in a massive hit for Warner Bros. There's nobody else taking on double-duty in this this top 25.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

17. Napoleon - £14,458,530 (estimated)

HE CAME FROM NOTHING. HE CONQUERED EVERYTHING.

An epic that details the chequered rise and fall of French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte and his relentless journey to power through the prism of his addictive, volatile relationship with his wife, Josephine.

Director: Ridley Scott
Cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Vanessa Kirby, Tahar Rahim
Release Date: 22nd November 2023
Genre: Drama
Rotten Tomatoes: 57%
IMDb: 6.4

Top 15 Chart Run: 1-1-4-5-12-9-13 (7 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £5,235,706 (#1)

Ridley Scott's take on Napoleon Bonaparte, the topic that, famously, not even Stanley Kubrick could film, did make it to cinemas thanks to the endless pockets of Apple Studios, but suffered from some of the most mixed reviews of the year and didn't bother the awards like it was meant to. Let's hope the upcoming 'Gladiator 2' can become more of a home-run. £14.5 million is a pretty decent total for it in the UK but it wasn't able to have much luck worldwide and didn't come close to recouping it's budget.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

16. Fast X - £15,300,000 (estimated)

THE END OF THE ROAD BEGINS.

Over many missions and against impossible odds, Dom Toretto and his family have outsmarted, out-nerved and outdriven every foe in their path. Now, they confront the most lethal opponent they’ve ever faced: A terrifying threat emerging from the shadows of the past who’s fueled by blood revenge, and who is determined to shatter this family and destroy everything—and everyone—that Dom loves, forever.

Director: Louis Leterrier
Cast: Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jason Momoa
Release Date: 19th May 2023
Rotten Tomatoes: 56%
IMDb: 5.8

Top 15 Chart Run: 1-2-3-5-7-9-15 (7 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £5,895,674 (#1)

A few years ago, the latest 'Fast & Furious' film missing the EOY top 10, never mind top 15, would seem crazy but we're in a time where most franchises seem to be stalling and sequels are no longer guaranteed hits. The 10th main entry to the drift-racing-gang turned whatever-it-is-now franchise, perhaps this should have been the last film and it would have done much better. I think this film's disappointment really shook Vin Diesel, so much so that he's prepared to lose-face by inviting The Rock back for Fast & Furious 11.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 16th April 2024, 07:56 PM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

15. Trolls Band Together - £15,700,000 (estimated)

THERE ARE SOME NEW TROLLS ON THE BLOCK.

When Branch’s brother, Floyd, is kidnapped for his musical talents by a pair of nefarious pop-star villains, Branch and Poppy embark on a harrowing and emotional journey to reunite the other brothers and rescue Floyd from a fate even worse than pop-culture obscurity.

Director: Walt Dohrn, Tim Heitz
Cast: Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Camila Cabello
Release Date: 20th October 2023
Rotten Tomatoes: 63%

Top 15 Chart Run: 1-2-1-2-5-7-10-15 (8 weeks)
Opening Weekend: £3,051,810 (#1)

Who would have thought 'Trolls Band Together' would be a bigger release for Universal than 'Fast X' last year? laugh.gif In a worrying sign of how fast time is flying, this was the follow-up to 'Trolls: World Tour' which was, famously, the first film to decide to release on PVOD instead of waiting for cinemas to re-open during the beginning of the COVID pandemic. While not getting close to the gross of the original (£25 million), this shown that the market is still there for the franchise to return to cinemas and it isn't seen as 'see-at-home' series yet. This was the highest grossing 'U' certificate release of 2023.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

3 user(s) reading this thread
+ 3 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:38 AM