BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
23 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Celebration Tour, CONTAINS SPOILERS | October 2023 - April 2024
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 5th October 2022, 09:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

(Translated to English):

The 2023 calendar of the Administrative Commission of the Official Field (Cafo) of the Centennial Stadium has an unusual reservation: Madonna's name appears on the list for next year.

As confirmed by Ricardo Lombardo, executive president of Cafo to El Observador, the production company AM reserved the main Montevideo stage for the month of November 2023.

Could Madonna be going on tour in 2023? A greatest hits tour? What are your thoughts?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 10th October 2022, 03:47 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I worry about Madonna's ability to pull of stadiums, even if it is a greatest hits tour. I think there has been major damage to Madonna's reputation as a touring act, from how she regularly turns up two hours(!) late and then has the audacity to be shitty with the audience when they hold her to account, to how she often neglects her legacy (I do appreciate how Madonna will try represent as much of her current album as possible, but people do want to hear the hits). Obviously the latter point would be rectified by a greatest hits tour, but I think it's been left too late to completely redeem. Also, performances in recent years have left a lot to be desired, to say the least...

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 11th October 2022, 09:36 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Oct 10 2022, 04:47 PM) *
I worry about Madonna's ability to pull of stadiums, even if it is a greatest hits tour. I think there has been major damage to Madonna's reputation as a touring act, from how she regularly turns up two hours(!) late and then has the audacity to be shitty with the audience when they hold her to account, to how she often neglects her legacy (I do appreciate how Madonna will try represent as much of her current album as possible, but people do want to hear the hits). Obviously the latter point would be rectified by a greatest hits tour, but I think it's been left too late to completely redeem. Also, performances in recent years have left a lot to be desired, to say the least...

All the above.

I was a diehard Madonna fan but would never go see her again after my show, which I paid nearly a months wage to go see, started 2 hours late and then was cut short since the stadium had to close.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 11th October 2022, 12:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

I can only see her selling out stadiums in south america

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 11th October 2022, 04:04 PM
Post #5
Group icon
User: 13,007

QUOTE(Scary Spiceboy @ Oct 11 2022, 10:36 AM) *
All the above.

I was a diehard Madonna fan but would never go see her again after my show, which I paid nearly a months wage to go see, started 2 hours late and then was cut short since the stadium had to close.

This is so heartbreaking and disheartening to hear. I think I would go and see her again because the one time I saw her she was on top of her game but yeah it does put doubt in your mind about going for it especially because prices will be sky high sad.gif

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 11th October 2022, 08:26 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

I just hope Ticketmaster’s dynamic pricing is illegal by the time this is announced or else I won’t be going!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 12th October 2022, 11:11 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(HausSucksBlood @ Oct 11 2022, 05:04 PM) *
This is so heartbreaking and disheartening to hear. I think I would go and see her again because the one time I saw her she was on top of her game but yeah it does put doubt in your mind about going for it especially because prices will be sky high sad.gif

I think the most frustrating thing about it is that she simply does not give a shit about it either. Like if she were remorseful about it then fair enough but no she goes on rants at her fans which shows how out of touch she is with reality. Like I said it was pretty much a months wage for me and it took me a while to pay it off so it was really disappointing. I actually have not bought a Madonna album since, I still love her old stuff but I don't feel inclined to buy any more from her.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 12th October 2022, 11:39 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(Scary Spiceboy @ Oct 12 2022, 12:11 PM) *
I think the most frustrating thing about it is that she simply does not give a shit about it either. Like if she were remorseful about it then fair enough but no she goes on rants at her fans which shows how out of touch she is with reality. Like I said it was pretty much a months wage for me and it took me a while to pay it off so it was really disappointing. I actually have not bought a Madonna album since, I still love her old stuff but I don't feel inclined to buy any more from her.

Totally understandable, it's disgusting the way she's treated fans. As I say, her lateness and her recent lack of ability to put on a good performance would really put me off going to see her too. I'm just glad the other artist I stan, Kylie, is the complete opposite and couldn't be more of an engaging, entertaining performer who appreciates her fans. I would see her again in a heartbeat.

+Quote this post
Dante77
post 17th October 2022, 02:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 122,900

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Oct 12 2022, 12:39 PM) *
Totally understandable, it's disgusting the way she's treated fans. As I say, her lateness and her recent lack of ability to put on a good performance would really put me off going to see her too. I'm just glad the other artist I stan, Kylie, is the complete opposite and couldn't be more of an engaging, entertaining performer who appreciates her fans. I would see her again in a heartbeat.

Madonna at her latest, most rude and lacking her overall performance brilliance, is STILL leagues better than artists like Kylie for me. And... it all comes down to being authentic. I've seen Kylie in concert a fair few times, and it was pleasant harmless fun. It stopped at that. It certainly wasn't groundbreaking, nor brilliant. Even during the Madame X tour, there were highs and moments of brilliance. Still, I'm happy that you have a plan b! :-)

Does the idea of Madonna version 2022 on tour, fill me with dread? Yes, 100%. I've seen nothing these last few years that would give me confidence that she has the stamina to do so many dates on a world tour. She can't even move well anymore. Being a long-term fan, I still can't believe this is the same Madonna.

My first concert as a little boy was Blonde Ambition and from then until at least Confessions, M's artistry was unrivaled. What's happened since 2018 baffles me. And saddens me. Madonna's attitude has always been dubious, and poor but I would tolerate that for brilliance. I just fear that brilliance won't be something I'd see on tour with this version of Madonna.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 26th November 2022, 08:46 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Rumours that a GH tour is being announced on Monday!

+Quote this post
ChrisJK
post 26th November 2022, 09:35 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 122,015

Imagine what a Madonna Greatest Hits set list looks like!!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 26th November 2022, 09:48 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

If she wants to do stadiums again then a greatest hits tour is certainly the way to go.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th November 2022, 02:57 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Moved the posts to an existing thread.

As I've said already in the thread, I'm curious to see how successful this tour will be, particularly if she is intending on playing stadiums. I think being billed as greatest hits tour will be more appealing for people but I do think some people have been burned once too often in terms of her time-keeping.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 27th November 2022, 07:54 PM
Post #14
Group icon

I am so conflicted about whether to get tickets or not. Most of me is saying YES YES YES but I am nervous about the price and ... standard? If it's happening, what are others thinking - tickets or no?

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th November 2022, 07:56 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Yeah I feel like pricing is going to be ridiculous and I’m just not willing to spend that much money at the moment.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 28th November 2022, 07:04 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I am reading rumours on Madonna fan sites that it be mostly arenas.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 28th November 2022, 07:18 AM
Post #17
Group icon

I'd be more likely to go if it was an arena!

+Quote this post
Qween
post 28th November 2022, 08:12 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

I haven’t seen M since Rebel Heart, and the intervening years have not been kind, HOWEVER if she tours I will move heaven and earth to be there.

If it is a damage limitation (GH) tour, I hope someone has a word and convinces her that a handful of reinventions is fine, but the bulk should be faithful renditions.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 28th November 2022, 12:14 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I'm not sure about this. I've never seen her live so I would like to go... but on the other hand I feel I may have left it so late that seeing her now may not be worth it, especially as it will no doubt cost a fortune and I suspect she'll be very dodgy vocally

+Quote this post
ChrisJK
post 28th November 2022, 05:37 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 122,015

I've only seen Madonna once, which was the opening night of The Girlie Show at Wembley Stadium.

I just don't think I can justify paying the amount it will undoubtedly cost. I always try to convince people that it's "less than a mortgage payment" and you pay about 300 of those with little thought. But I don't want to spend the money and be disappointed, and I have a feeling that I would be - either by her being late, or not being very good.

Having said that, she has a chance of still making a Greatest Hits tour a massive success if she limits what she does. Largely she just needs to stand there or walk about a bit and let the dancers do the work, or the lighting and backdrop. Make it about celebrating her career and she has a lot less chance of going wrong.

+Quote this post

23 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:24 AM