BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Another Sky - I Slept On The Floor, debut album | includes Brave Face & Fell In Love With The City
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 22nd August 2020, 10:14 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I was going to make a thread for this the other week but I thought I'd wait until Unknown Pleasures finished since they had a song in it... laugh.gif

So this band have been around for a few years but I just discovered them earlier this year thanks to them getting some Radio 1 backing for 'Brave Face' and (the now anointed 6th place Unknown Pleasures smash) 'Fell In Love With The City'. No surprise that Radio 1 are fans of them as their sound is kind of a mishmash of various other very Radio 1 friendly acts (can hear a lot of London Grammar in them and a bit of Everything Everything, alt-J, Bastille etc.) - though their most standout quality is their singer's very distinctive and striking androgynous voice. May not be for everyone but I really like it ~

They released their debut album 'I Slept On The Floor' the other week, worth checking out some of the other songs anyone who enjoyed their UP track. My favourite is the last single they dropped before the album, the beautiful 'All Ends', quite a slow-burner that I've liked more and more every time I've heard it. Other highlights for me from the album were 'Avalanche' (a single from 2 years ago lol), 'Riverbed' and the Imogen Heap-esque title track (which I'd have liked to be a bit longer, felt more like an interlude than a proper song but it was a good curveball on the tracklist). 'The Cracks' (another old single that's been included here) is their most streamed song on Spotify, also thought that was pretty good cool.gif

The album was in the midweek top 40 but sadly ended up falling short of the top 100, here's hoping for them to get some more recognition going forward (hope Radio 1 will continue to back them).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 23rd January 2021, 03:33 PM
Post #2
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

hey I'm bumping my thread for this that no one replied to as they've released a new EP and it is very good and I still think more people need to listen to them but it's probably not worth starting a new thread x

The lead single 'It Keeps Coming' is my favourite song from them to date, the title is apt as the chorus hits harder every time *.* they also dropped 'Sun Seeker' and 'Was I Unkind?' as singles before the EP came out and they're both cool and nice but after hearing the rest of the EP I'm a little baffled at those choices as they're my 2 least favourite songs on here, the other 3 songs are all much better, particularly also loving 'Leaving The Lighthouse' which is serving some awesome trip-hop vibes. 'Pieces' is a wonderful slow burner as well.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:56 AM