BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How have your own entries done on your personal chart?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post Jul 16 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
QUOTE(Pavel @ Jul 16 2009, 04:13 PM) *
My last post explains it all.

Welcome to our 'DNQ 2 times' club, Tyron, by the way cheer.gif

Ashton are proud members too funky.gif

Vincent/Mira >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dead Disco/Jasmine though smoke.gif

Caroline Af Ugglas beats them all though heehee.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jul 16 2009, 03:27 PM
Post #42
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
OMG. I totally forgot Ashton are DNQ 2 times as well (Nevio/Cilmi <__<)

Mira>Caroline>Jasmine>Dead Disco>Vincent sad.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 16 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Hello?
Caroline>Mira>Vincent>Nevio/Cilmi>Jasmine>Dead Disco>Sugababes>Hande Yener

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jul 16 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #44
Group icon
In the beginning and in the end heehee.gif

Here's my extended version:

Mira>Caroline>Nevio/Cilmi>Jasmine>Dead Disco>Vincent>Sugababes>Hande Yener

I really can't see why i entered Hande now. Totally went off nocheer.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 16 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(Pavel @ Jul 16 2009, 04:41 PM) *
In the beginning and in the end heehee.gif

Here's my extended version:

Mira>Caroline>Nevio/Cilmi>Jasmine>Dead Disco>Vincent>Sugababes>Hande Yener

I really can't see why i entered Hande now. Totally went off nocheer.gif

ohmy.gif and she was your own entry!

the only entry of mine I particularly regret is Sibel...a rather uninspired host entry even if it did come top ten...nice song but not special enough/nothing distinguishing about it to be a Rontvian entry...I certainly don't regret Mira/Vincent...amazing songs heart.gif I don't even care about Thermostatic flopping, it was a nice contrast to all of the out and out pop songs I'd sent before it

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jul 16 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Hande and Natasha Bedinfield are my only regrets tbh. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Jul 16 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #47
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
Ghostcat has now risen to #15 for me, despite DNQ sob.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Jul 16 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #48
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
Oh haha, I've actually been meaning to christen Jasmine as being my Vincent for a while! ohmy.gif Tis good to be in the club though, makes me feel a little bit better about flopping heart.gif In any case, I hope to come back stronger and have a Rontvia-style run (post-XII obv) for the next few contests ohmy.gif I'll have to really try for it though...and a 2-1-top ten constantly run may quite difficult to maintain laugh.gif I think I might send Lolene to the next contest, I've been going through all the shiz on miPod and have a big shortlist of potential entrants ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 16 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(RedTron @ Jul 16 2009, 09:02 PM) *
Oh haha, I've actually been meaning to christen Jasmine as being my Vincent for a while! ohmy.gif Tis good to be in the club though, makes me feel a little bit better about flopping heart.gif In any case, I hope to come back stronger and have a Rontvia-style run (post-XII obv) for the next few contests ohmy.gif I'll have to really try for it though...and a 2-1-top ten constantly run may quite difficult to maintain laugh.gif I think I might send Lolene to the next contest, I've been going through all the shiz on miPod and have a big shortlist of potential entrants ohmy.gif

we aim to inspire kink.gif if anyone knows how to bring the magic back to their BJSC campaign, it's Kopecka funky.gif I'm not aiming for anything in the next few contests, just as I never have aimed for anything in the past...as long as I'm sending something fresh and original that I love, and that I'm still discovering great new music, throughout my own searches, and via discoveries from other countries, BJSC will remain relevant for me

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Jul 16 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #50
Group icon
DROTTNING!
Oh yeah, this is for our own musical betterment as well obv laugh.gif God knows how much BJSC has enlivened me musically, it's really transformed the way I listen to new music now (i.e. 'could I send this to the BJSC?' laugh.gif) and has made me a lot more keen on listening to new music, so 'tis all good ohmy.gif I'll doubtless increase the amount of searching I do from now on...I've been getting the feeling that nobody's particularly bothered about Kopecka recently, I've only managed to get a few people at a time to really care about stuff I've sent ever since Quicksand, but for most it seems that I'm just there laugh.gif I rarely see much in the way of hype for Kopecka - I can only think of Serebro, Camille, La Roux and Kaci for times we've actually had much in the way of hype and any substantial attention, and even in the case of Kaci it was only really Pavel and James then laugh.gif For most of the time we just seem to pass most people by...recently Kopecka seems to have fallen into the second-tier country trap in terms of attention (i.e. we're amongst the Ashtons and Quotosibbs as opposed to the Rontvias, Mdices and Nonsuches in terms of entry attention - no offence at all intended towards Ashton and Quotosibb tongue.gif), and we're determined to get back into the swing of things!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 16 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Hello?
Same, I've discovered some very good songs in the past couple of years which I wouldn't have otherwise found wub.gif I would say that Quotosibb are on par with Nonsuch attention wise, I know that I'm always eager to see what both countries are sending...Ashton/Kingdom Of Shadow/Numayania/Hendinia are probably all on the same level of entry anticipation for me purely due to strings of good songs/results, along with Kopecka of course

I'm always probably most interested in what Mdice will be sending just to see if they will ever send something that wouldn't be a contender for the win/7th place heehee.gif the only time in the last year that I've felt that they misread the contest was the Shakira song, which was an odd choice to say the least...everything else has been spot on in terms of BJSC potential/quality

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Jul 16 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #52
Group icon
DROTTNING!
I was more on about general attention - Quotosibb are on a par with Nonsuch for me, along with all the ones you stated ohmy.gif I think top range for me extends to you and Mdice and that's about it laugh.gif Mdice mostly because it'll be the hottest new leak which won't necessarily be cheap (how lucky did Ben get with Royksopp/Robyn and VV Brown chart-wise! laugh.gif), and you mostly because of form (I don't think you've sent a bad entry since...wow, ever ohmy.gif I suppose if I'm being harsh about it I was never too keen on Glorious, but even so that's over a year and a half of pure quality!). I have an odd feeling I'm missing someone from my top range...this is fertile territory for a thread subject methinks kink.gif

Shakira seemed a little odd to me but I'd known for ages that he'd wanted to send it (along with Kelis - Millionaire laugh.gif), as well as Little Boots (but I got there first kink.gif Many thanks to him though for letting me use her ohmy.gif It's a shame she didn't hit peak performance for another six or so months...). Ben obviously hasn't ever sent a bad entry from my viewpoint either kink.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 16 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(RedTron @ Jul 16 2009, 09:43 PM) *
I was more on about general attention - Quotosibb are on a par with Nonsuch for me, along with all the ones you stated ohmy.gif I think top range for me extends to you and Mdice and that's about it laugh.gif Mdice mostly because it'll be the hottest new leak which won't necessarily be cheap (how lucky did Ben get with Royksopp/Robyn and VV Brown chart-wise! laugh.gif), and you mostly because of form (I don't think you've sent a bad entry since...wow, ever ohmy.gif I suppose if I'm being harsh about it I was never too keen on Glorious, but even so that's over a year and a half of pure quality!). I have an odd feeling I'm missing someone from my top range...this is fertile territory for a thread subject methinks kink.gif

Shakira seemed a little odd to me but I'd known for ages that he'd wanted to send it (along with Kelis - Millionaire laugh.gif), as well as Little Boots (but I got there first kink.gif Many thanks to him though for letting me use her ohmy.gif It's a shame she didn't hit peak performance for another six or so months...). Ben obviously hasn't ever sent a bad entry from my viewpoint either kink.gif

ah yes, although The Girl & The Robot/Shark In The Water really should have been far bigger chart hits! Glorious was sent with the aim to get a maiden top ten for FSR Rontvia and it achieved it (imagine somebody sending an ancient male vocal song for their first top ten success now - wouldn't happen heehee.gif)...I think we have both missed Eledan, the double (triple? kink.gif) winners ohmy.gif

Mdice haven't sent anything bad no, but I associate Mdice, like you do with 'great fresh new uncheap leaks', so to see a quite old song from Shakira to be entered was a surprise...Kelis' Millionaire would be an even bigger one! I haven't been one to give Mdice bucketloads of points in the past like yourself but just recently they've done very well, Royksopp/Robyn got a 10, Firefox AK got my 12 (their first from me) and I love Dolla

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Jul 16 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #54
Group icon
DROTTNING!
I don't particularly pay much attention to Eledan's entries - it's always obvious to me when they send a good one, so I never need to pay much attention, and when they send a good one more often than not it ends up winning the thing laugh.gif I think it's a case of when they strike gold they REALLY strike gold, most of the time it's the sort of stuff you expect (and actually does tongue.gif) to occupy the bottom ten...

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 16 2009, 08:59 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(RedTron @ Jul 16 2009, 09:54 PM) *
I don't particularly pay much attention to Eledan's entries - it's always obvious to me when they send a good one, so I never need to pay much attention, and when they send a good one more often than not it ends up winning the thing laugh.gif I think it's a case of when they strike gold they REALLY strike gold, most of the time it's the sort of stuff you expect (and actually does tongue.gif) to occupy the bottom ten...

laugh.gif Snalla Snalla definitely deserved to qualify at the very least though, but it's nowhere near even approaching being BJSC friendly sad.gif have they actually managed any top tens yet other than their wins ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post Jul 17 2009, 01:27 PM
Post #56
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830
The Attention Meter imo.

1) TOP ATTENTION.
These get the most attention and often have highly hyped entries.
Home to only Mdice, Rontvia.
1.5: Kopecka.

2) HIGH ATTENTION.
These are hyped alot...and are all huge countries...but often 5-15th is expected.
The Quotosibb's, Ashton's
2.5: Eledan's, Nonsuch's, Hendinia's, Angelicland's, KOS' of the world.

3) MEDIUM ATTENTION.
Regular countries that get enough attention to their entries.
The Botanikka's, Torchwood's, JRK-off's, MKL's, Lorikeets, Kathaldazia's etc etc.

4) LOW ATTENTION.
Regular/semi-regular countries that enter their entries and recieve some hype.
Juranabaijan, Bhangra, Ojnoj, Cadbury, POR Jester, Tinnmark, Nickodonia, USR etc.
4.5: Sangria, Ben's Sanctuary, Sherzland.

5) LEAST ATTENTION.
Hype for these entries is extremely constricted in general. It is often a surprise for them to make the final, let alone do well.
These one's are obvious. They don't particulary hype their entries or anything...just post the songs and hope for the best. XD
Fervorosia, Zechonia, Lotopialand, Palmyra, Britmasu.

**) RISING STAR COUNTRIES.
These are ones that are relatively new and are building in popularity.
Numayania, Espen, Xyland for example.

Obviously cba to put all of the countries sown...but you get the jist. tongue.gif
I hope this seems accurate enough. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Juranamo: Aug 7 2009, 11:06 AM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 17 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Hello?
seems fairly accurate, although Hendinia and MKL could both be moved up one category...

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Jul 17 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #58
Group icon
DROTTNING!
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jul 17 2009, 02:36 PM) *
seems fairly accurate, although Hendinia and MKL could both be moved up one category...

Yeah, I'd agree with that list with these inclusions heehee.gif

+Quote this post
nickthenoodle
post Jul 17 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #59
Group icon
livin' legend you can look but don't touch
User: 4,844
I remember the days of being on zero attention tongue.gif

I'm glad to be moving up to the fourth rank, hopefully I can get another top 10 in the next few contests and maybe move into the third rank tongue.gif

Although I don't like your description of semi regular tongue.gif ¬¬ this is my 14th contest on the bounce (inc spinoffs tongue.gif)

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post Jul 17 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #60
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830
QUOTE(nickthenoodle @ Jul 17 2009, 06:42 PM) *
I remember the days of being on zero attention tongue.gif

I'm glad to be moving up to the fourth rank, hopefully I can get another top 10 in the next few contests and maybe move into the third rank tongue.gif

Although I don't like your description of semi regular tongue.gif ¬¬ this is my 14th contest on the bounce (inc spinoffs tongue.gif)

Regular ////////////// Semi-regular. tongue.gif
I'm semi-regular and your regular. tongue.gif

+Quote this post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:46 PM