BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kylie Minogue ● The Singles Rate (RESULTS), RESULTS COMPLETED ON PAGE 17
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nina West
post Dec 2 2020, 11:18 AM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Kylie Minogue • The Singles Rate: Results (2020)

Firstly a THANK YOU to the 25 Buzzjack voters who took part in this rate. 81 singles in the running but there's only 1 winner, but which one. All votes have been counted & verified & all will be revealed in this forum.

Thoughts? Predictions? Please feel free to share...

A reminder of everything that's to come =

I Should Be So Lucky
Got to Be Certain
The Loco-Motion
Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
It’s No Secret
Turn it Into Love

Especially for You (ft Jason Donovan)

Hand on Your Heart
Wouldn’t Change a Thing
Never Too Late
Tears on My Pillow

Better the Devil You Know
Step Back in Time
What Do I Have to Do
Shocked

Word is Out
If You Were with Me Now (ft Keith Washington)
Give Me Just a Little More Time
Finer Feelings

What Kind of Fool (Heard all That Before)
Celebration

Confide in Me
Put Yourself in My Place
Where is the Feeling

Where the Wild Roses Grow (ft Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)

Some Kind of Bliss
Did it Again
Breathe
Cowboy Style

Spinning Around
On a Night Like This
Kids (ft Robbie Williams)
Please Stay
Your Disco Needs You

Can’t Get You Out of my Head
In Your Eyes
Love at First Sight
Come into My World

Slow
Red Blooded Woman
Chocolate

I Believe in You
Giving You Up

2 Hearts
Wow
In My Arms
All I See
The One

All the Lovers
Get Outta My Way
Better than Today
Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love)

Timebomb
Flower

Into the Blue
I Was Gonna Cancel
Crystalize

Santa Baby
Only You (ft James Corden)
100 Degrees (ft Dannii Minogue)
Every Day’s Like Christmas
At Christmas

Dancing
Stop Me from Falling
Golden
A Lifetime to Repair
Music’s Too Sad Without You (ft Jack Savoretti)
Sincerely Yours

New York City

Say Something
Magic
Real Groove

Collaborations
Keep on Pumpin’ It (ft Visionmasters & Tony King)
G.B.I. (German Bold Italic) (ft Towa Tei)
Lhuna (ft Coldplay)
Higher (ft Taio Cruz)
Limpido (ft Laura Pausini)
Right Here Right Now (ft Giorgio Moroder)
The Other Boys (ft NERVO, Jake Shears & Nile Rogers)
Really Don’t Like U (ft Tove Lo)
On oublie le reste(ft Jenifer)

This post has been edited by Nina West: Dec 24 2020, 08:21 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Dec 2 2020, 11:25 AM
Post #2
Group icon
The results will be posted as follows

#81 will be posted on its own, then 61-80 will be posted in 5's, 60-41 will be in 4's, 40-31 in 3's then the top 30 will be in 2's up until the top 25 which will be in single posts.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Dec 2 2020, 01:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
I always get somewhat excited for results.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post Dec 2 2020, 02:42 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126
I'm predicting one of the collaborations to be #81, I'm really unsure which will win. There are so many contenders, I'm gonna be selfish and predict my favourite will win, On A Night Like This. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Dec 2 2020, 03:39 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
A collaboration or i was gonna cancel to be first out.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Dec 2 2020, 09:09 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I’m all by myself

81. Lhuna (ft Coldplay) | 3.934 Highest Scores; 6: (365, dabblie, Jade, Dannyboy), Lowest Scores: 0: (Nick F1, Stuart25)

Finishing dead last & coming as a shock to well no-one is Kylie's collaboration with British band Coldplay with 'Lhuna'. The track was recorded during their 4th album sessions 'Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends', but never made the final cut. When asked why the song did not appear on the album, Chris Martin said that it was too "sexy", as well as failing to make their EP 'Prospekt's March'. Finally, it was released as a charity single on 1 December 2008 to promote World AIDS Day. Apparently Chris also wanted David Bowie to sing on this, but he turned them down saying it's not one of their best. OUCH! but he was right as this is just a really dull offering that kinda just floats along without ever really going anywhere & at nearly 5 minutesin length, its way too long. Of note this also finished at the bottom of the last rate, as well as being the only song here not to score higher than a 6.

76-80 will be coming very soon...

This post has been edited by Nina West: Dec 21 2020, 07:54 AM

+Quote this post
___∆___
post Dec 2 2020, 09:18 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155
Not a terrible song but virtually unknown tbh even by the fanbase so not surprised it’s finished last.

#JusticeForIWGC cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Dec 2 2020, 09:54 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Ya not terrible by any means but no surprise its ended bottom either.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Dec 2 2020, 10:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I'd be lying if I said I acknowledge that song's existence.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Dec 2 2020, 11:03 PM
Post #10
Group icon
The bad news won't prevent the sun to shine

80. Limpido (ft Laura Pausini) | 4.214 (Highest Scores: 7: (Red Blooded Man, Dannyboy), Lowest Scores: -1: (Lukuzz)
79. I Was Gonna Cancel | 4.66 (Highest Scores: 10: (___∆___), Lowest Scores: 0: (Dandy)
78. Only You (ft James Corden) | 4.729 {Highest Scores: 8: (Slowdown73, ready for it, Nick F1, Dannyboy, Qween), Lowest Scores: 1: (Red Blooded Man, Tawdry Hepburn)
77. Celebration | 4.98 (Highest Scores: 7.5/7: (365, Spiceboy, Stuart25, Dannyboy, elf), Lowest Scores: 0: (dandy, Tawdry Hepburn)
76. On oublie la reste (ft Jenifer) | 5.026 Highest Scores: 9: (dabblie), Lowest Scores: 0: (Stuart25)

At #80 is 'Limpido', a song recorded by Italian singer Laura Pausini with Kylie on guest vocals of course. The English meaning of the word is "clean" or "clear". Released in September 2013 as the lead single from Laura's greatest hits album 20- The Greatest Hits. The song became a big success by topping the Italian charts & was certified Gold in that country. This song is...okay with a very mid 90's sounding beat with some light guitar strumming & the vocals by both artists really blends well together with some decent vocal harmonies thrown into the mix. However its not hard to see why this got lost when compared to all the other Kylie tracks in this rate.

At #79 we lose the first solo Kylie track the infamous I Was Gonna Cancel, released in April 2014 as the 2nd & final single from her 12th studio album 'Kiss Me Once'. The track was written and produced by American recording artist, songwriter and producer Pharrell Williams who she met while in Los Angeles, California. Upon release the song had positive critical reviews, but fans reaction was less than favourable as it peaked at a mere #59 on the UK singles chart & therefore sealed the eras fate with no more singles or promo released.
This really should have stayed on the album as a fun little album track, the fact that it was only because of Pharrell's name on it was the obvious reason this hot mess even saw the light of day. Then of course there was THAT VIDEO, questionable at best. I actually don't think the song's all that bad, sure it's not great by any means, the cold sterile production doesn't help, but the lyrics are quite fun, even if they aren't exactly cutting edge. However do think one of the other reasons why this song is so hated is that not only did it get the single treatment over far better tracks & also the fact that this was the 'KMO's' last single & pretty much killed the album campaign stone cold dead.

At #78 we have another not very popular single choice Only You, released in November 2015 as the lead single from Kylie's Christmas album Kylie Christmas & features comedian James Corden. The song was originally sung by Yazoo back in 1982, then again by The Flying Pickets in 1983, which this version covers. Don't think many see this as a real single as firstly it wasn't really promoted & plus it doesn't have a music video. The song is a nice little piano ballad that allows both Kylie and James to demonstrate their vocals tenderly and with beauty. Other than that though its very MEH!

At #77 the first PWL single drops & its Kylie's final of that hey-day with 'Celebration', released in 1992 as the 2nd & final single from her 'Greatest Hits' album. The song was originally recorded in 1991 for her 4th studio album, but didn't make the tracklist (for obvious reasons). Upon release the song peaked at #20 on the UK singles chart & #21 in Australia, despite being one of her most least commercially successful singles it has been cited many times as one of her favourite songs, & has made all of her official Greatest hits albums & several of her tours since its release. Not much to say about this, it just pretty much follows the composition of the Kool & The Gang original, just given that typical 90's makeover. Fairly inoffensive & quite fun, but not something I go back to very often, only for maybe nostalgia reasons.

At #76 is 'On oublie la reste', a song by French singer Jenifer which contains an interpolation of Kylie's single 'Can't Get You Out of my Head'. Released in October 2019 as the 3rd overall single from Jenifer's studio album Nouvelle Page. In English the song's title means 'We Forget the Rest'. This song wasn't very well known in this rate as it got a lot of non-scores, but the scores it did get were mostly average to middling & its not hard to see why, its just pretty bland & basic, something only for the real die hard Kylie fans to seek out. Not really my cuo of tea at all.

This post has been edited by Nina West: Dec 17 2020, 10:34 PM

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Dec 2 2020, 11:16 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Break the tension
I quite like 'I Was Gonna Cancel' as an album track, but it in no way should've been a single.

'Only You' and 'Celebration' got what they deserved, both utterly bloody woeful.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Dec 2 2020, 11:59 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
No surprises there either but I do love the live version of celebration as kylie gives it oomph live which the studio version lacks.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Dec 3 2020, 12:09 AM
Post #13
Group icon
A little clue for one the songs that's gonna drop next, its a big top 5 hit, but which one?

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Dec 3 2020, 12:36 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Break the tension
Tears on My Pillow (please)

+Quote this post
Simon.
post Dec 3 2020, 10:46 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126
A big top 5 single thinking.gif I quite like Tears on my Pillow so I hope that can stick it out a little longer, but nothing else would make sense.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Dec 3 2020, 11:08 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I wouldnt be surprised if it was kids

+Quote this post
Qween
post Dec 3 2020, 11:11 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
A little surprised Only You is that low - especially in THAT company!! It's not amazing and I hate James Corden's voice as much as the next sane person, but to be on level pegging with the abomination that is I Was Gonna Cancel. Wowee.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post Dec 3 2020, 11:34 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155
My vote saving IWGC cheeseblock.png As if you all put Celebration ahead of it

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Dec 3 2020, 11:54 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
I was gonna cancel should at least be above only you

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post Dec 3 2020, 01:08 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632
I’m surprised Only You is that low, I don’t get the hate at all, then again I love all of Kylie Christmas 😂

+Quote this post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:40 AM