BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ultraviolence's EOY: 2018 Edition, #171-#200 Posted | This Is No Sweet but a Delicate, Shallow countdown.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 22 2018, 10:54 PM
Post #41
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
QUOTE(Petivity @ Dec 17 2018, 07:47 PM) *
Well I guess I can say I was the inspiration behind part of your chart kink.gif I can see why Rybak can be taken the wrong way but I think he's really funky, and I think you know my stance on Lukas! Diplomatic Immunity was horrendous though, if it had spent more than two weeks in the charts it could very well have topped my Worst Songs Chart.

Thanks Pete <3
Yep you can, thx for the reminder kink.gif Yeah I can honestly see why people find Rybak funky & enjoyable as well haha but he's just not at all for me oops kink.gif Lukas is our fave topic to disagree on xxx Yh if DI was more successful it def would've been higher here cos I don't even remember it too well haha!

QUOTE(Calum @ Dec 18 2018, 09:14 PM) *
Hey! hi.gif

Shame to see Happier and Thursday in the hate chart, particularly the former. sad.gif I'm no massive Ed fan, but that's definitely one of the highlights from Divide for me.

Thanks Calum <3
I think the only highlights from Divide for me were Galway Girl and Perfect haha oops, hated the album so much sad.gif

QUOTE(🎄Cqmerqn🎄 @ Dec 21 2018, 08:01 PM) *
Green Light ROBBED.

Thanks Cam <3
LWYMMD>>>>>>>>. Green Light was just unlucky tho haha, it would've smashed 2015 and 2016's EOY charts x (and potentially with its 2017 sales been #1 this year as well tho that's gonna go down to the wire! x)

QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Dec 21 2018, 10:36 PM) *
Drake was boring and uninteresting, "Supplies" might be JT's worst single that I've ever heard from him and Weezer's cover of "Africa" is just so bad!
Otherwise I disagree with the rest of the songs, except for also "That's How You Write A Song", which was a huge step down from "Fairytale", Rybak really disappointed me.

Thanks Serge <3
Yep those two words really sum up Drake's last couple of years & yasss at hatred for those 3 as well *.* I didn't rly like Fairytale but it was a masterpiece compared to that!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 22 2018, 11:16 PM
Post #42
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Hate Chart: 2k18 Edition

30. Sam Smith (with or without Logic) - Pray
Another blah blah smith song. Tho this is his last song for 2018 which is quite impressive by his standards. Pray is death defyingly dull in either the original or remix form so tf it flopped, honestly one of his worst songs and probs the worst song of his sophomore era. The epitomy of unexciting.

29. Kanye West - All Mine
Trash. Dreadful song by a dreadful artist. My ears greatly suffered whenever I heard this.

28. Eminem - Venom
Possibly the worst song Eminem 'contributed' to 2018. Which really says a lot. The utter SCREECHing of Venaaaaaaaaaam repeatedly is horrific to all extents with anyone that has functioning ears and this track is a horrible MESS. So sooo bad and I'm glad this wasn't a bigger hit, which I feared it would be cos of how big the film was.

27. Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj - The Light Is Coming
Usually this chart mostly features artists I dislike/hate so despite Ari having not as big year quality wise as I was expecting her to (I f***ing adore NTLTC, Breathin/TUN are great & about 4 more songs on Sweetener are good but everything else was underwhelming), I didn't expect to hate a song of hers this much. Once again it's a certain person on production ruining everything as always, the production is SO jarring and that random SCREAMING throughout the song is not needed. The verse and chorus are disjointed in a bad way and don't go well together, the non queen of 2018 delivered another poor rap verse and this song was a f***ing disaster and was the first warning sign that Sweetener wasn't going to be the album of the year that I was expecting it to be at one time.

26. BlocBoy feat. Drake - Look Alive
25. French Montana feat. Drake - No Stylist

And Drake's last two appearances of 2018 come just inside and outside of the top 25! Both of these are collabs he's featured on but I'm pretty sure he's the dominant artist on both of these. Both of these really suffered by my friends playing them non-stop, seeing them constantly in youtube videos or in the case of NS, stalking me whenever I turned on the radio or TV. Both are dreadful rap songs and up there with my least faves from that genre this year. Look Alive is lyrically dreadful whilst No Stylist's production is beyond annoying.

24. Tyga feat. Offset - Taste
One of my least fave songs of the year. The production is so dreadful and beyond jarring and irritating, also my friends loved this song and wouldn't stop playing it the last few months ew (maybe I need to get new friends x). Idk how tf Tyga is still relevant (this is his first hit since Rack City right excluding features?? I honestly can't remember anything else he's done as a lead artist). Anyway this is the first of many useless Offset features of 2018 as he takes over bandmates Quavo's role of being the useless rap feature popping up everywhere this year. Anyway Taste's lyrics are also horrendous, the video is dreadful and the song is noise. This deserved to flop.

23. Kanye West - Yikes
Well at least the title's fitting to describe Kanye's year in every sense of the word possible x From vocally supporting the orange twat to the slavery comments etc, this rly hasn't been a banner Kanye year. The same goes for his music, Yikes (and the entire Ye ep) is dreadful and tf didn't seem to make much impact outside of release week. I have absolutely no time of day for him at all.

22. James Arthur - You Deserve Better
WHY IS HE STILL A THING???????? Well at least this one thankfully flopped. Irritatingly crap song that didn't deserve any better than it did, I hate the chorus and his vocal sounds diabolical as ever. Dw James stans, he's set to pop up two more times later on xx

21. Pinkfong - Baby Shark
WHY THE HELL IS THIS A THING?????? For the first couple of weeks, it was random af and tho not enjoyable it was quite funny. Then it got quickly very very VERY annoying and irritating. To the point that it's popping up on every TV show (and I mean quite literally every TV show as when I was watching TV non stop during my recovery from hospital it'd always pop up as background music or some celeb would sing it for a joke) and the X-Factor performance shite solidified this as one of the most irritating songs of recent times. I just don't get how this became a thing. This has flucturated a lot around my chart whilst I've been counting down, it was originally in the 30's, then jumped to just outside my top 10 and now ended up here as I don't hate it as much as I did a few weeks ago but it's still utterly diabolical.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 22 2018, 11:16 PM
Post #43
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Top 20 of HateChart + Video Chart coming before Friday x

+Quote this post
danG
post Dec 23 2018, 07:54 AM
Post #44
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Baby Shark has got rather annoying now, it's been in the popular conscious for too long.
The Sam Smith and James Arthur songs are bad too.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Dec 23 2018, 10:39 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Agreed with Venom being his worst track this year (and I didn't particularly like any of them).

Taste is terrible, I usually quite like Tyga songs but this one was painfully bad - of course it becomes his biggest hit dry.gif

I must admit I do enjoy Baby Shark as a troll song, expect it'll have a big rise in the Charts once the Xmas tracks clear out laugh.gif

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Dec 23 2018, 02:02 PM
Post #46
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
Really like Pray, Yikes and Venom.
James Arthur isn't my cup of tea, but I remember liking You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You when it came out (as well as Rudimental's Sun Comes Up and Dalton Harris' The Power Of Love)
I remember The Mode talking about The Light Is Coming on his Worst Songs of 2018 countdown, he compared it to NERD's Lemon (due to the similar production and the vocal sample coming from a political event in 2009). I liked both songs, though I prefer Lemon out of the two.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 23 2018, 07:38 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
I agree with you on "All Mine" (Kanye has a really bad year), Drake songs (because obviously), "Taste" (I rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than this) and especially "Baby Shark" (It wasn't good to begin with, why is it so popular?).

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 23 2018, 11:06 PM
Post #48
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Okay we're picking up the pace with this now! 16-20 coming now and 11-15 will be up in the next hour or two! <3

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 23 2018, 11:09 PM
Post #49
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(dancember @ Dec 23 2018, 07:54 AM) *
Baby Shark has got rather annoying now, it's been in the popular conscious for too long.
The Sam Smith and James Arthur songs are bad too.

Thanks Dan <3
Agreed and I honestly somehow think it's gonna get worse over the next few months cry.gif Yasss at hating those dull drab as well *.*

QUOTE(dobbo @ Dec 23 2018, 10:39 AM) *
Agreed with Venom being his worst track this year (and I didn't particularly like any of them).

Taste is terrible, I usually quite like Tyga songs but this one was painfully bad - of course it becomes his biggest hit dry.gif

I must admit I do enjoy Baby Shark as a troll song, expect it'll have a big rise in the Charts once the Xmas tracks clear out laugh.gif

Thanks Dobbo <3
Same haha, I don't think I liked one song he did this year! Venom really is on another level of awfulness tho sick2.gif
I hate Tyga anyway haha but Taste is his worst by far! Ugh at it becoming inescapable and such a big hit sad.gif
Yep unfortunately agreed, I honestly see it going top 15 minimum after Xmas goes sick2.gif

QUOTE(SantaDalek32 @ Dec 23 2018, 02:02 PM) *
Really like Pray, Yikes and Venom.
James Arthur isn't my cup of tea, but I remember liking You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You when it came out (as well as Rudimental's Sun Comes Up and Dalton Harris' The Power Of Love)
I remember The Mode talking about The Light Is Coming on his Worst Songs of 2018 countdown, he compared it to NERD's Lemon (due to the similar production and the vocal sample coming from a political event in 2009). I liked both songs, though I prefer Lemon out of the two.

Thanks Dalek <3
I hate that James Arthur song SO so much, maybe in his worst 3 for me which really says something! I utterly can't abide Sun Comes Up either and gimme Gabrielle's version of TPOL anyday x
Haha I really see that similarity, they are pretty similar ngl! Lemon works quite a bit better tho (I don't like that song but I don't hate it either!)

QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Dec 23 2018, 07:38 PM) *
I agree with you on "All Mine" (Kanye has a really bad year), Drake songs (because obviously), "Taste" (I rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than this) and especially "Baby Shark" (It wasn't good to begin with, why is it so popular?).

Thanks Serge <3
Haha I think every year with Kanye for me is bad but this year is def one of his worst! Omg I agree with your comment for Taste as well haha x Ikr with Baby Shark, why tf is it even blowing up it's a youtube video aimed at 2 year olds ffs??! Glad your hating a lot in that section *.*

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 23 2018, 11:12 PM
Post #50
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Hate Chart: 2k18 Edition

Some quick honorable mentions:
Eminem & Ed Sheeran - River
Stefflon Don - Ding-a-ling

I can't remember if either of these made my chart last year cos they came at the tail end of 2017 but both are diabolical and the former would be top 20 and the latter top 10 so they get a shoutout here anyway x River is absolute drab. And ding-a-ling is such a f***ing MESS of a song with the worst choice/use of a sample in a long long time. Tho seeing Stefflon perform it was live was a f***ing moment tho (probs for all the wrong reasons) laugh.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 23 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #51
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
20. Anything else record by the 1975
The next 3 are all combined entries for by far the 3 worst artists of 2018. All of them have 1 song that stood out as even worse than the others so those will be coming up later in the countdown. Anyway the worst band to exist atm unfortunately polluted us with another album led by 700 million crap singles. It's a shame they couldn't break The Vamps album chart fall sad.gif

19. Anything else recorded by Xxxtrashtacion
Yeah self explanatory. All the songs released by this artist are diabolical anyway, Changes and Moonlight can have a special shoutout for being particularly bad.

18. Anything else recorded by the Jailed Pedofile Skittle
Bye bitch. Disgusting and derogatory lyrics from a disgusting person.

17. James Arthur - Empty Space
Now back to actual songs, we see James returning again. This was acc top 15 til not that long ago but he's been spared last minute. Dw James haters he still has a song to come up x Anyway back to this one, Empty Space is drab, vocally horrendous, lyrically cliche and boring and sounds like the last track of a pretentious indie-pop band of the mid 2000's. SO bad and ofc this still becomes a minor hit haha. CAN WE STOP TRYING TO MAKE HIM HAPPEN?! Thanks x

16. Tom Walker - Leave A Light On
And this was probs like in the 30's when I started the countdown but the double X-Factor performance + hearing it a couple of times on radio since reminded me how utterly DIABOLICAL this is so it's way back up now. The definition of screech and basically the Rag n Bone Man of 2018 cos one Rag n Bone Man wasn't bad enough already. Tbh the verses aren't dreadful, they are just meh and dull af. That f***ing chorus tho. Honestly one of the worst of the year. The vocals are all over the place, the production becomes ear hurting & dreadful and the lyrics are so cliche I can't. Hopefully he'll stay a one hit wonder x

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 24 2018, 12:09 AM
Post #52
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Yep I realise it's not even been an hour since the last section but I wanna watch a film and then sleep as I have to be up at 8 tomorrow x

15. Dave & Fredo - Funky Friday
Ew at this being such a success, one of my least fave rap songs of the year let alone rap hits. Lyrically irritating and I just hate the production so much. Idek how this was so big ugh. Tho at least it's not the highest song with Friday in its title in this hatechart x

14. George Ezra - Shotgun
UGH at this becoming such a gigantic hit. My least fave George song ever so ofc this is his biggest hit. Even tho I didn't stan Paradise, I quite liked it and found it solid. This however irritated me from listen 1 and got worse and worse as it was everywhere during summer and still is bloody everywhere. Hate the lyrics, his voice on this really irritates me and the production beyond annoys me. And whatever that 'burp' moment or whatever that people have talked about before is so annoying as well. In short, this song is f***ing annoying x Hopefully One Kiss or even God's Plan will beat it to the year end's number one spot.

13. Kanye West - Lift Yourself
Oh I forgot this was still to come, so he still has one more song to go. The worst part of this is obviously the lyrics. Let's not even get into them. One of the worst from a dreadful year for Kanye.

12. Xxxtentacion - Sad
His biggest hit unfortunately as its probs his worst song. Just an utterly dreadful track. (I'll add in my hatechart commentary here at some point as I cba to write stuff for this 'song' again)

11. Kodak Black, Travis Scott & Offset - Zeze
f***ing noise. Kodak Black is trash anyway and we have another awful Offset verse 'yay'. The production is dreadful and boring af and the lyrics/vocals are all utterly non-descript, horrible and dreadful. I wish this flopped, idek how this has become such a big hit ugh sad.gif This also blocked quite a few acc good songs from the top 10 in the charts including Pink's wonderful version of A Million Dreams sad.gif However the one place it deserved top 10 (here), it misses ffs. Up there with 2018's worst. This only just missed my top 10.

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Dec 24 2018, 01:02 AM
Post #53
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
I like The 1975, though not as much as other people do.
I really like Leave A Light On and Shotgun. Though I kinda agree with you on that drop in the former; I thought it sounded out of place on a melancholy piano ballad focusing on Walker looking out for a friend of his struggling to break his dangerous habit of addiction.
Lift Yourself: I heard people talk about this 'poopity-scoop' thing in a /notmu/ group on Facebook one of my friends signed me up for last year, and I was like WOOT?. I then watched/listened to CDTVProductions' Top 10 Bad Songs by Great Rappers video and Kanye West's Lift Yourself made it on to that list (but not at number one. That spot was awarded to Hopsin's Happy Ending). I ended up listening to the track and found it to be a hilarious troll songdue to the anticipation of waiting for Ye to go hard on a really good rap beat involving a nicely done old soul sample but all he does is make up his own language during a short verse.

This post has been edited by SantaDalek32: Dec 24 2018, 01:02 AM

+Quote this post
Calum
post Dec 25 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #54
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
Empty Space and Shotgun sad.gif I really like both, but I can see why they'd, particularly Shotgun, be or become annoying.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Dec 25 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
Shame to see All Mine, Venom, The Light Is Coming, Look Alive, Taste, Yikes, Funky Friday, SAD! & Zeze here. I love all of them. Especially The Light Is Coming. sad.gif

I certainly agree about Shotgun & Baby Shark though. Both massively overplayed especially considering they were pretty crap and annoying to begin with.

I'm certain I would hate 'Lift Yourself' too but I've managed to only hear about 2 seconds of it.

+Quote this post
MyChartPH
post Dec 26 2018, 01:38 AM
Post #56
Group icon
New Entry
User: 80,759
I can definitely agree to the annoying thing known as Baby Shark.

This post has been edited by PopChartsPH: Dec 26 2018, 01:39 AM

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 26 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #57
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
Going to be honest, I'm actually finding Baby Shark's longevity incredibly amusing laugh.gif Some other quite good songs in here but as I've said already Taste is an abomination and I didn't really see the point of any of the Kanyes either really.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 26 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Boppy Shark do do do do do do xx

+Quote this post
p a v
post Dec 26 2018, 09:56 PM
Post #59
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
the 1975 are so beyond bland I cannot fathom why they are successful right now... and pitchfork gave them a #1 of 2018. were they listening to the same song??

xxxtentawhatever is permanently cancelled with no chance of parole. I haven't had a pleasure of purposefully listening to a single song of his because it would count as a stream and that's a big NOPE. but I think I heard a few of them in clubs, stores and whatever, i.e. somewhere where I have no control over the music sad.gif why the hell was his album in the 'new albums' section on Apple Music for MONTHS after his death I will never know.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Dec 26 2018, 10:04 PM
Post #60
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Nothing TOO objectionable in your hatechart so far Sam, although I do enjoy songs like Shotgun and Thursday!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:10 PM