BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pep Guardiola to succeed Pellegrini at Man City
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Feb 1 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Today,

Man City have confirmed that Pep Guardiola will succeed Manuel Pellegrini at the end of the season on a three-year contract.

What do you make of this appointment?
Will he succeed at Man City?
What next for Pellegrini?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35461090
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Feb 1 2016, 03:31 PM
Post #2
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
I think it's rather disrespectful.

Man City still have a chance of winning premier league, calling cup, FA cup and champions league, yet they will still replace him?

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Feb 1 2016, 03:41 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
It is disrespectful towards Pellegrini indeed. He's still got a slim chance of winning the Quadruple. Would be interesting if both Man City and Bayern Munich got through their matches in the Champions League and then faced each other in the quarter-finals. He's done a good job at Man City, Pellegrini.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post Feb 1 2016, 06:01 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725
Pellegrini said that he knew about this a month ago. I was thinking yesterday that John Terry showed great professionalism after what has happened to him but this is even better professionalism from Pellegrini.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Feb 1 2016, 06:03 PM
Post #5
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
QUOTE(LushLifeLee @ Feb 1 2016, 03:31 PM) *
I think it's rather disrespectful.

People wouldn't say the same if it were about players, so why does it happening to a manager make it any different?

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Feb 1 2016, 06:06 PM
Post #6
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Feb 1 2016, 06:03 PM) *
People wouldn't say the same if it were about players, so why does it happening to a manager make it any different?

What has Pellegrini done wrong to be replaced?

He's done a good enough job and they're pretty much in every competition so far, I think it's disrespectful to do it now rather than at the end of the season. It wouldn't surprise me if this ends up costing Manchester City for the remainder of the season.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Feb 1 2016, 06:16 PM
Post #7
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
QUOTE(LushLifeLee @ Feb 1 2016, 06:06 PM) *
What has Pellegrini done wrong to be replaced?

He's done a good enough job and they're pretty much in every competition so far, I think it's disrespectful to do it now rather than at the end of the season. It wouldn't surprise me if this ends up costing Manchester City for the remainder of the season.

Nothing wrong. But he's A) a lot older and B) not as good as his replacement. If a club replaced an excellent keeper or striker with a better, younger one no one would bat an eyelid.

This post has been edited by RabbitFurCoat: Feb 1 2016, 06:16 PM

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Feb 1 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #8
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
From the rumours, I think for some time it has been known Guardiola would take over. Have a read things that players signed on the basis Guardiola would be in charge in 2016.

It will be an interesting appointment. I think he will succeed, but it will also be extremely difficult. Right now I don't think they have all the personnel for a light press/passing game, so I can see them taking a season to adjust to his methods. Cannot see Yaya Toure being in a Guardiola team. They have the perfect striker in Aguero, but I always thought he would end up at Real Madrid - maybe not.

Would not be surprised if they slip up in the league, but do very well in the CL.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post Feb 1 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725
If LVG leaves Man Utd at the end of the season then I would be happy for Pellegrini to take over.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Feb 1 2016, 10:22 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Has Pelligrini done that well though? With City's finances and squad they should be dominating the league, not 3 points behind Leicester!

They haven't shown any real improvement in European competition under him and I expect with Pep on board they'll be able to attract the top draw players from La Liga/Bundesliga.

It was act now or never too, Guardiola would have looked elsewhere if City stalled for too long.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:43 AM