BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

54 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Geri Halliwell • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Babyboy
post Aug 11 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #201
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,611
   No Gallery Pics

Is Geri officially part for Artists for Grenfell Tower charity single?
She wasn't in the video.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Aug 11 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #202
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Does anyone know if there is any way to download the Ryan Louder shared songs onto itunes?

This post has been edited by Spiceboy: Aug 11 2018, 10:42 PM

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Aug 11 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #203
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Babyboy @ Aug 11 2018, 11:21 PM) *
Is Geri officially part for Artists for Grenfell Tower charity single?
She wasn't in the video.

I saw that on her wikipedia and wondered the same thing laugh.gif

If she is then that's another song the girls have featured on that is a #1 taking the tally up to 19 w00t.gif

+Quote Post
Last Dreamer
post Nov 14 2018, 04:18 PM
Post #204
With Kristina in heart
Member No.: 28,104
   No Gallery Pics

Do you have any news about 4th album or it was cancelled again ?

This post has been edited by Good Old Days: Nov 14 2018, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Nov 14 2018, 09:22 PM
Post #205
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Never liked Geri. My favourite two Spice songs don't have her and my joint second favourite barely features her. But she was the creative force. More on this later.

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Nov 15 2018, 03:40 PM
Post #206
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Good Old Days @ Nov 14 2018, 04:18 PM) *

She cancelled like three albums after passion laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Nov 17 2018, 04:15 PM
Post #207
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Why can she not speak Spanish?? Bit selfish of her mother not to teach her it as a kid tbh

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Feb 22 2019, 11:13 PM
Post #208
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Geri's interviewed and on the cover of The Sunday Times Magazine this weekend:

The second series of 'All Together Now' starts next Saturday on BBC One. I actually really like her and Rob Beckett together on the show, they bounce off each other well.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Feb 23 2019, 01:14 PM
Post #209
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

It's certainly helped soften Geri's image a bit. She isn't on it too much so you only get snippits of her rather than full on Geri which can be too much for alot of people.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Feb 23 2019, 10:07 PM
Post #210
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Reminded me of this moment! lol -

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Feb 23 2019, 11:38 PM
Post #211
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Feb 23 2019, 10:07 PM) *
Reminded me of this moment! lol -

Hahaha yes, I saw someone on Twitter say the same thing too biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Piers
post Feb 24 2019, 02:37 PM
Post #212
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 69,521
   No Gallery Pics

^ I never followed why she got so much flack for the horse riding thing during her Ride It promo. She was selling a single. So what? I realize that was an era where some tabloids would make anything she did sound outrageous and crazy. But. I don't know. Her publicity stunts seem downright quaint today...

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Feb 24 2019, 03:01 PM
Post #213
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Good Old Days @ Nov 14 2018, 04:18 PM) *

Yes, 'Man On The Mountain' was due to be released in 2016, but was scrapped after the lead single 'Half Of Me' tanked on the charts, and 'Phenomenal Woman' was going to be the lead UK singles, all of these has leaked online, its worth checking out, there are a couple of decent tracks on here.

The tracklisting =

01. Love and Light
02. Humanity
03. Man on the Mountain
04. Beautiful Life
05. Deep Down
06. If You Love Someone
07. Miracles
08. Phenomenal Woman
09. Without Love
10. Sheriff
11. I've Got A Name
12. I'm Older Now
13. Get Involved
14. Half of Me

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Feb 24 2019, 03:26 PM
Post #214
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Piers @ Feb 24 2019, 02:37 PM) *
^ I never followed why she got so much flack for the horse riding thing during her Ride It promo. She was selling a single. So what? I realize that was an era where some tabloids would make anything she did sound outrageous and crazy. But. I don't know. Her publicity stunts seem downright quaint today...

I think because it was still the done thing for the media to knock the Spice Girls' individual efforts at that time. It's less so the case now, but any chance where they could cackle with gales of laughter at them promoting a single or daring to have solo careers still then they would. That annoying witch who edited Smash Hits at the time - I want to say Emma Jones? - was often used as a talking head on these mindless unofficial documentaries or TV shows about them doing them down.

Anyway, I had a chance to read the Sunday Times Magazine interview. Really enjoyable, actually. So much of what Geri says particularly about the current state of the world is actually bang on, to be honest: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/exclusiv...manor-mbwb9cbbz (It is behind a paywall, but you can register for a free trial account to read it).

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Feb 24 2019, 06:58 PM
Post #215

QUOTE(SamJudd @ Feb 24 2019, 03:01 PM) *
Yes, 'Man On The Mountain' was due to be released in 2016, but was scrapped after the lead single 'Half Of Me' tanked on the charts, and 'Phenomenal Woman' was going to be the lead UK singles, all of these has leaked online, its worth checking out, there are a couple of decent tracks on here.

I don't think Half of Me could be considered as the album's lead single; it was just a stand alone release in Australia. That was released in late 2013, but she was still working on recording material in 2015/2016 with the aim of releasing an album... therefore Half of Me flopping had no bearing on the fate of this album. It wasn't amongst the 13 track leak - it was just added onto the end of the track list by fans.

I don't remember Phenomenal Woman being confirmed as being a single; my memory of this album is her teasing clips on her Instagram (in videos of her baking!) but never going as far as to confirm anything solid about the project... and then it leaked. It leaking is the reason why this material got scrapped, and Geri decided to go back to the drawing board (again). [ https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicne...ic-1069662.html ]

Geri spent many years recording - she'd scrap material and then start all over again (for instance she was working on a pop/dance album in 2012 before deciding to change her artistic direction). 2012-17 was a frustrating period to be a fan of hers, given that the promise of new music lingered and then ultimately wasn't fulfilled, on at least three separate occasions.

We'll never know if this 'Man on the Mountain' material would have officially/commercially seen the light of day if it hadn't been leaked, but given her track record during the four years running up to its leak, I have my doubts she'd have got to that stage.

After the Man on the Mountain leak, she started recording again & one of the songs from the newer sessions was Angels in Chains, which was the first taster of what would have been a totally different fourth album... but its under-performance, plus Geri's realisation that she no longer felt overly passionate about performing, lead to that proposed album being scrapped too.

She says she’s “moved on from being a pop star”. She recently released the single Angels In Chains as a tribute to George Michael, but didn’t really enjoy performing it.

“And am I prepared to do gigs? I performed at 1.30am one night, got in at 4.30am in the morning and Bluebell woke me up at 8.30am wanting her mum. I’m not sure that lifestyle is conducive to where I’m at right now.”

https://www.redonline.co.uk/red-women/inter...rner-on-ageing/ (1st November 2017)

+Quote Post
Piers
post Feb 24 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #216
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 69,521
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Feb 24 2019, 12:58 PM) *
We'll never know if this 'Man on the Mountain' material would have officially/commercially seen the light of day if it hadn't been leaked, but given her track record during the four years running up to its leak, I have my doubts she'd have got to that stage.

I kinda think this too. We know she was struggling to get her material released. I think the leak was probably just a good excuse for why the material never came out. I don't think I know the full circumstances around the leak...but I'm guessing it may have happened when it was clear that the material wouldn't see the light of day otherwise.

Shame. Because I like quite a bit of the Man on the Mountain material. I don't think she would have gotten a legitimate hit...but I do think Love and Light was good enough to get a bit of attention on its own merits.

Side note. I really do feel a bit bad for Eliot Kennedy. He did material for Forever...the VB album...Life in Mono...Geri's fourth album...and GEM...and NONE of it saw an official release. Most of it just got leaked instead. Sure, his computer's not exactly secure...but that's got to be tiresome to keep recording with these people and only for it to get ditched.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Feb 25 2019, 12:57 AM
Post #217
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I would love to get MOTM with proper production, I think it is a brilliant album already in demo form. I have to say Geri's always been consistent with her albums they all have catchy melodic songs.

+Quote Post
Last Dreamer
post Feb 25 2019, 08:10 PM
Post #218
With Kristina in heart
Member No.: 28,104
   No Gallery Pics

I even didn't know about the leaked album. Flop fan. blush.gif

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Feb 28 2019, 11:25 PM
Post #219

Geri looked great today, visiting Radio 2 to talk about All Together Now!

heart.gif

+Quote Post
tommie
post Feb 28 2019, 11:49 PM
Post #220
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

QUOTE(Piers @ Feb 24 2019, 09:14 PM) *
I think the leak was probably just a good excuse for why the material never came out.

Bingo. It wasn't ever going to come out anyway - just another reason for her not releasing it. She might enjoy recording but I don't think she enjoys "just" performing songs without the gratification of success. If she wanted to do solo music she'd have to accept that it wasn't ever going to smash the charts like it used to and play small gigs and I don't think that's her thing.

+Quote Post

54 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:01 AM