BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sweden (Melodifestivalen) · Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Frans - If I Were Sorry
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
RobBot
post Mar 11 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Sweden
Frans - If I Were Sorry

THE TIME HAS COME.

Everybody's (bar Ryan) favourite national final of the year is ALMOST over for a year and it's a very emotional time for us all. In the time we've been presented to 28 of Sweden's best offerings for Eurovision, we've seen Denmark throw away forum favourite Simone at the expense of a poor man's Take That, poor Margaret was unceremoniously disposed of by the Poles and San Marino... the less said about them the better. But, now it's down to the country that REALLY matters.

It's been another very strong year for Melodifestivalen if I do say so myself, maybe not so much for the fans of schlager, who well and truly saw the final nail thrown into the coffin that has been sinking for a couple of years now. We may look back on 2016 retrospectively as the year it died, or maybe we won't, who knows? Ask Moopy.

Instead, it's been the takeover of the young lot - our oldest finalist is 33, Ace Wilder and David Lindgren. Both of whom would like to have us believe they're about 24 year old, what with Lindgren still acting like Aldi's reply to Danny Saucedo but coming off with all the swagger and star quality of a presenter for CBeebies.

THE FOLLOWING PART IS COPIED FROM TIRREN'S COMMENTARY LAST YEAR AS HE CAN EXPLAIN IT MUCH MORE ELOQUENTLY THAN I COULD EVER WISH TO:

So, here's how the final works. After the performances, the juries CONVENE, with half the vote in the final going to the 11 international juries (primarily composed of music professionals in the countries taking it a bit more seriously, or a group of about six Euroqueens in the others - keep your eyes out for some MINCING VOTES from Royaume-Uni). They all deliver their votes, and then the public vote reopens - leaving a wide berth for tactical voting against a divisive favourite which has underperformed at the jury stage (as YOHIO and Robin Stjernberg can testify to in 2013, or even Ace Wilder and Sanna last year). Then, with 473 points up for grabs in the public phone and app vote, each act gets points in proportion to how many votes they received - so an act with 10% of the vote gets 47 points, an act with 20% gets 95 points (due to rounding), and so on and so forth. With a good million televotes being made at minimum, and at least a few million app votes certain split across 12 acts, any act with over 20% of the vote will be contending for victory, and if they clear the 25% barrier (c. 300-400k televotes) they're probably on for a landslide (also, with so many acts competing, keep an eye out for the acts playing to a niche that none of the other acts cover).

And without further ado, it's time to look at our TWELVE. Yes, twelve for the second year in a row, finalists.

01. Panetoz - Hĺll Om Mig Hĺrt
(Jimmy Jansson, Karl-Ola Kjellholm, Jakke Erixson, Pa Modou Badjie, Njol Badjie, Nebeyu Baheru)

QUITE THE STARTER. Fresh from knocking cuntface Molly out of their heat in style (one would imagine, seeing as Molly's heart didn't even begin to go mental for a single second of their battle), Panetoz reach their second final, with a much better song in Hall Om Mig Hart, and with their white male looking ever so much less like a knob for reasons that don't involve his skin colour.

It's not really what we look to Melodifestivalen for and we'll probably never listen to it again once this contest ends but it's certainly going to be a party to kick off this final and judging by its placing on Spotify currently, perhaps this could be a bigger threat with the televoting than we're expecting? A winner it's not, but it might not be propping up the rest of the leaderboard quite the way Efter Solsken did. The odds are really quite baffling.

ODDS • 100/1 (11th)
iTUNES • #7
SPOTIFY • #4
CHARTS • #5

02. Lisa Ajax - My Heart Wants Me Dead
(Linnea Deb, Joy Deb, Anton Hĺrd af Segerstad, Nikki Flores, Sara Forsberg)

In the absolute death spot, it's poor Lisa Ajax who quite clearly never stood a chance at challenging for the title anyway and is probably quite lucky she was able to make it through the final cleanly, as the song seems much less popular than Kizunguzungu from the same semi and she'd probably have struggled Isa-style in an Andra Chansen situation. But never the less, Melodifestivalen's 'lite' version of Zara Larsson made it through with this rousing ballad which personally has gone on to become one of my favourites.

It says a lot about the strength of this year that a song like My Heart Wants Me Dead would be an absolute killer for any other nation but it's going to go by pretty ignored in this Melodifestivalen especially from its placing. But hey, we'll almost definitely see her back next year, it's like looking at Isa minus the blatant plagarism and at someone who could probably successful reverse Isa's strategy, by knocking out a poppers o'clock ADELEN BANGER in Melodifestivalen 2017 that really knocks our socks off. Also, preferably minus the toilet paper back drop.

ODDS • 40/1 (7th)
iTUNES • #21
SPOTIFY • #13
CHARTS • #13

03. David Lindgren - We Are Your Tomorrow
(Anderz Wrethov, Sharon Vaughn, Gustav Efraimsson)

NOW FOR THE ONE YOU ALL FORGOT EVEN MADE IT TO THE FINAL. And seemingly so did Sweden, who will be rudely awakened by this theatre baffoon over performing every inch of a very 'okay' track on Saturday night. Speaking of songs that totally rip off another and make it straight to the final, we have a track torn straight from the songbooks of Axwell & Ingrosso performing 3rd in the 12. Three minutes that will be completely forgotten by the time the gays and children are mincing Kizunguzungu style just moments later, and will be even more of a distant memory after Ace's boxes, Molly's smoke, Robin's eyes, Samir & Viktor's internal organs etc.

I'd write more but quite frankly, when there's 8 songs that aren't quite such non-entities to come, I shan't bother.

ODDS • 80/1 (11th)
iTUNES • #51
SPOTIFY • #35
CHARTS • #32

04. SaRaha - Kizunguzungu
(Anderz Wrethov, Sara ”SaRaha” Larsson, Arash Labaf)

Cast your minds back to November when we found out which heavyweights were going to be competing for the Melodifestivalen crown. If we'd told you a song called KIZUNGUZUNGU sung by a Tanzanian nobody called Saraha would be the stealing more attention from the Swedish public than both Ace Wilder and Molly Sanden's offering, you absolutely would not believe it. And now that I've seen and heard the song, I still can't believe it but I'm trying to keep my opinions somewhat at bay.

The track has rocketed into the top 5 of Sweden's charts simply by adding a key change to Waka Waka/Haba Haba, although fair play to her, she hasn't been gifted with much more than a shit pixie cut and a few dancers prancing around but her own fun spirit and stage presence has made this song one of the breakout successes. Does it stand a chance of winning? No. Will it probably be somewhat caned by the juries? Presumably. But, hey, she probably thought she was going to 6th in Heat 3 with a bullet so anything is a bonus now.

ODDS • 50/1 (9th)
iTUNES • #3
SPOTIFY • #2
CHARTS • #4

05. Oscar Zia - Human
(Oscar Zia, Victor Thell, Maria Smith)

Much like Panetoz, it's Oscar's second venture into the Melodifestivalen final however unlike the five clowns, Oscar has very much changed his formula for success. Vocally, his formula is very much still very shaky and reliant on backing vocals but song wise, he's gone a lot darker and serious taking inspiration from a more Depeche Mode-esque kind of sound rather than Austin Mahone & N'Sync. The song apparently has a big off stage connection with him because he's gay and of course, it's very important to remind Melodifestivalen, a contest connected to Eurovision, that gays are human. Really, groundbreaking stuff.

It'll probably fair better for him than Yes We Can, as this time he isn't having any of his votes eaten up by many male ballads, especially not ones that are quite so powerful and in your face as this. The poor boy looks like he's gonna pop a vein in his neck with all that faux-emotion and struggle he's got in him. We'll have to hope so for his sake as he has no TESS FROM ALCAZAR around this time to console him this time, womp womp.

ODDS • 12/1 (5th)
iTUNES • #11
SPOTIFY • #14
CHARTS • #11

06. Ace Wilder - Don't Worry
(Joy Deb, Linnea Deb, Anton Hĺrd af Segerstad, Ace Wilder, Behshad Ashnai)

Going into the contest as one of the favourites to win and off the back of the behemoth that is Busy Doin' Nothin, the hype and expectation surrounding Ace's second appearance was pretty high, especially seeing that she was reunited with the Debs and Anton Le Kid, the same team behind her first entry. SADLY, we weren't quite delivered a song of the same calibre I think most people would agree, but this time they've absolutely thrown the budget at her with probably the best stage performance of the night.

She made it through her first heat without much worry but I would say performing so early in the weeks has allowed many other songs after it to stick in the public's heads a lot better. There's no chance that she's going to win this, poor girl, but Little Miss Relatable will certainly bring a necessary dose of fun following a rather intense Zia.

ODDS • 33/1 (6th)
iTUNES • #10
SPOTIFY • #22
CHARTS • #20

07. Robin Bengtsson - Constellation Prize
(Bobby Ljunggren, Henrik Wikström, Mark Hole, Martin Eriksson)

DON'T LOOK HIM IN THE EYES. We may have been sniggering at him back in November because of his laughably awful song title (Swedes, don't try and do English funny!) but he emerged from Heat One as the definite winner contender, much more so than fellow qualifier Ace Wilder. His Kygo-esque track, complete with a harmonic that he absolutely needs to ditch tomorrow night, sounds completely contemporary and would slot in a top 10 anywhere in the world with erase if it was given a push.

Many of us weren't sure when it was being dubbed as the winner if it was quite enough but this is proof to be CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR because look what we're bloody stuck with now. If anybody is going to upset Frans on the night, you'd probably say it's going to be this guy. Sidenote: don't EVER watch the Constellation Prize video if you want to remain with the thought that this song is good fun, because it will mentally bore you to tears harder than If I Were Sorry ever could and you'll probably have nightmares about this guy and his deep stares into your soul.

ODDS • 15/2 (4th)
iTUNES • #4
SPOTIFY • #3
CHARTS • #2

08. Molly Sanden - Youniverse
(Molly Sandén, Danny Saucedo, John Alexis)

She should've known this wasn't going to go her way the minute she roped in her FOREVER THE BRIDESMAID boyfriend Danny Saucedo in, shouldn't she? R MOL went into the contest as the hot favourite to make her way to Eurovision, even given the coveted "last song in Heat 4" place that has been gifted to so many of the best tracks in past years but the wheels have definitely fallen off Sanden's momentum, much like Wilder but not quite as dramatic. Also not helped that she was completely overshadowed in her semi by the likely winner of the whole thing, it hasn't quite gone to plan.

It's been quite widely criticised for being a little bit too close to Euphoria and you really can't deny it, from the structure to the production and the pretty eery performance. Lightning doesn't strike twice and it almost certainly isn't going to do so for Molly this time but, hey she tried. And in my eyes, she wins anyway because she'll probably go home and have great commiseration sex with her god of a boyfriend, so hey it's not all lose/lose.

ODDS • 6/1 (3rd)
iTUNES • #17
SPOTIFY • #11
CHARTS • #8

09. Boris Rene - Put Your Love On Me
(Boris René, Tobias Lundgren, Tim Larsson)

Back to songs that don't stand a cat in hells chance of putting up anything considered a 'fight', Boris should count himself pretty lucky he's managed to get himself into this place in the final given he looks like a definite top 3. But sandwiched in between Molly's dark number and Frans' borefest, at least his soulful number will add a bit of fun into the mixture as his budgetless number is undeniably one of the most catchy and infectious tracks in the final, regardless of your opinion on it.

I was quite shocked to find out looking at this that Boris is actually only 24 as I would've been pretty certain he'd retired from playing football at the age of about 37. And that's all I have to say on this non-hoper.

ODDS • 125/1 (12th)
iTUNES • #9
SPOTIFY • #17
CHARTS • #18

10. Frans - If I Were Sorry
(Oscar Fogelström, Michael Saxell, Fredrik Andersson, Frans Jeppsson Wall)

ODDS • 2/5 (1st)
iTUNES • #1
SPOTIFY • #1
CHARTS • #1

This odious little tosspot is probably going to win and I will let you all fire out the expletives that this commentary would otherwise be littered in for me, come 9pm on Saturday evening. Also, shut the f*** up Joseph.

11. Wiktoria - Save Me
(Jens Siverstedt, Lauren Dyson, Jonas Wallin)

Another song here that COULD potentially spoil the Frans party, in the form of another NOBODY up until Melodifestivalen 2016, it's anti-Tresseme advert Wiktoria. Bringing a lot a cute country-meets-pop number merged together with a completely unrelated and ridiculously over-thought stage gimic of a projection catsuit, she has become one of this years favourites and undoubtedly one of Christer's faves, missing no opportunity to try and hand out a hint to Sweden that THIS IS THE ONE!!1

It seems like it's the year of the simplicity (well, in the song at the very least), neither this or Frans particularly throw the iamspamspamamisink at you in terms of what their songs have to offer, as opposed to Wiktoria's shrieking vocals (where is Jessie J to remind us of LIGHT AND SHADE NOW THEN?!), but this has definitely captured Sweden's hearts and I'd hazard a guess this is probably going to be a jury favourite so you never know, this could be the Robin to Frans' YOHIO on the night. Probably not but you never know.

ODDS • 5/1 (2nd)
iTUNES • #8
SPOTIFY • #8
CHARTS • #10

12. Samir & Viktor - Bada Nakna
(Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Anderz Wrethov)

Now, obviously if I had it my way, we'd be sending these two to Stockholm in a heartbeat but I realise as ever with these boys, I lay alone in such view. Ending the final in one hell of an anthemic fashion, we have Samir & Viktor who pushed their way through Andra Chansen for the second year in a row, charming the viewers with their washboard abs so much that they had the young girls and gays hammering their APP HEARTS in much the same way they want the boys to hammer them. They equally have the MELODIFESTIVALEN PURISTS crying out in disgust that two boys who probably don't give two shits about Eurovision and have simply come here for another chart hit and an extra few thousand Instagram followers, have won over the public for the second year in a row.

But regardless of your opinion on the boys and knowing that they probably don't stand much of a chance of winning this, the song has become one of the biggest chart hits of the year. It went where Groupie hadn't managed and bagged the boys a #1 in the Sverigetopplistan and until Frans came along, they were the resounding streaming success of the year which is pretty much their goals fulfilled. Will they be performing in their boxers in Stockholm, bathing naked in Sergels Torg? Nah, but it'll be a good closer to another great year for Melodifestivalen.

ODDS • 50/1 (8th)
iTUNES • #5
SPOTIFY • #7
CHARTS • #3

_____

The final begins at 7pm and 80% of us with doubtless be weeping come 9pm so let's enjoy the next 24 hours and speculate with odd glimours of hope while we can!

ALSO A BIG THANKS TO TIRREN FOR DOING THESE THREADS FROM HEAT 1-4 ASWELL, ALWAYS MUCH APPRECIATED AND LOVED. <3
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Mar 11 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I pray Wiktoria can do a Robin but it seems more than inevitable that Frans will win sad.gif

+Quote this post
LexC
post Mar 11 2016, 07:45 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
We'll pretty much know the exact result once the jury votes are finished. If Frans is winning or is only a bit behind then it's all over but if he's been blanked/mehd (and we're talking c80-100 points here) then there's a *chance* of an upset.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 11 2016, 07:53 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
QUOTE(sugabloke @ Mar 11 2016, 07:45 PM) *
We'll pretty much know the exact result once the jury votes are finished. If Frans is winning or is only a bit behind then it's all over but if he's been blanked/mehd (and we're talking c80-100 points here) then there's a *chance* of an upset.

He's even denying us our televote fun sad.gif

I'm just going to enjoy this as much as I can from the 10 rather good songs on offer.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Mar 11 2016, 07:56 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
I've forgotten what Wiktoria sounds like, or it was even in the final.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Mar 11 2016, 08:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
Thanks to Tirren and Rob for the great write-ups this year heart.gif

As for tomorrow night, well I'm resigned to the worst Swedish entry ever (well, since 2002 at the very least) absolutely pissing the entire thing and then I have to get very VERY worried about the horrifying reality that the abhorrent, smug faced, little prick (LITERALLY I IMAGINE) with the faux-British accent is going to WIN EUROVISION jesus fucking christ...

APART FROM THAT the final is filled with 10 songs I now love (yes even Wiktoria has grown on me, and does anyone claim David Lindgren?) and many other things to look forward too, including the return of Lynda Woodruff, the general BABE that is Gina Dirawi and a jubilee medley that's going to have me on the verge of an orgasm quite probably.

PREDICTIONS
01. Frans
02. Robin Bengtsson
03. Wiktoria
04. Samir & Viktor
05. Ace Wilder
06. SaRaha
07. Molly Sandén
08. Oscar Zia
09. Lisa Ajax
10. Panetoz
11. David Lindgren
12. Boris René

WANT
01. Molly Sandén (DON'T @ ME)
02. Ace Wilder
03. Lisa Ajax
04. Robin Bengtsson
05. Oscar Zia
06. Wiktoria
07. SaRaha
08. Samir & Viktor
09. Panetoz
10. Boris René
11. David Lindgren
12. Frans

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Mar 11 2016, 08:16 PM
Post #7
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Frans to rightfully snatch all wigs!!!! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 11 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #8
Group icon
QUOTE(JoeyJeppssonWall @ Mar 11 2016, 08:16 PM) *
Frans to rightfully snatch all wigs!!!! cheer.gif

Who told him about it again? dry.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Mar 11 2016, 08:55 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
LOVING the MF domination in the Swedish charts again this year, but then again almost the whole final is chart friendly/relevant to streamers so...

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Mar 11 2016, 09:16 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Trying to go hi-tech with my final rankings/predictions but it's turned out a bit unreadable, but the point was to group together the songs that are fairly interchangeable in either my rankings or my predictions.

Want:

01. Robin Bengtsson - Constellation Prize
02. Frans - If I Were Sorry
03. Lisa Ajax - My Heart Wants Me Dead
04. Molly Sandén - Youniverse
05. Wiktoria - Save Me

06. Ace Wilder - Don't Worry
07. Saraha - Kizunguzungu
08. Oscar Zia - Human
09. David Lindgren - We Are Your Tomorrow

10. Samir & Viktor - Bada Nakna
11. Boris René - Put Your Love On Me
12. Panetoz - Hall om mig Hart

Predict:

01. Frans - If I Were Sorry
02. Robin Bengtsson - Constellation Prize
03. Wiktoria - Save Me

04. Samir & Viktor - Bada Nakna
05. Molly Sandén - Youniverse
06. Oscar Zia - Human
07. Saraha - Kizunguzungu
08. Ace Wilder - Don't Worry

09. Panetoz - Hall om mig Hart
10. Lisa Ajax - My Heart Wants Me Dead
11. David Lindgren - We Are Your Tomorrow
12. Boris René - Put Your Love On Me

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Mar 11 2016, 09:24 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
About to watch MelFest for the first time tomorrow so bare with me if I sound absolutely uninformed about anything regarding this competition lol.

Here's my ranking of the Top 12:

12. Frans - If I Were Sorry
Seriously, I don't get what's interesting about this song. I will be so disappointed if this is what Sweden presents us with come May since it's so far below the rest of the songs it's apalling. I couldn't care less that this is doing great on the charts but please don't let that bleed into the contest. I just pray that the international juries puts this far down enough to sink it.

11. Wiktoria - Save Me
Another surprise for me was seeing this being predicted second. The vocals are not very good in my opinion and the song is just very meh. But still it's miles ahead of the predicted winner..

10. David Lindgren - We Are Your Tomorrow
I like the instrumental, which obviously borrows very heavily from Avicii and Axwell/Ingrosso, but the singer does little to nothing for me. He doesn't fit into this whole picture and his singing isn't all that great either. But yet again would make a much better winner than the two I put below him but I don't see that happening.

09. SaRaha - Kizunguzungu
Cute but would get annoying very quick if it won. Like RobotKing said it's kind of like adding a key change to Waka Waka so I can see the appeal but definitely not for me. Also she staging isn't quite there if I'm honest.

08. Boris Rene - Put Your Love On Me
I love the dancers on this and the song itself is very catchy but there's something about Boris that's just a bit.. creepy? There's no way this is winning but it's a fun song nontheless. I think I'll probably be adding every song from this one and up to my Spotify playlist.

07. Panetoz - Hĺll Om Mig Hĺrt
I loved Dansa Pausa so I'm not at all surprised that I like this one too. It's a fun song to start but it's not quite catchy enough to remember all the way through.

06. Oscar Zia - Human
Another strong contender. I would honestly be happy with any of my top 6 winning. I was very surprised with this one because I was totally expecting it to be shit. The only thing is that the beginning is a bit shaky and it doesn't really take off until the chorus.

05. Ace Wilder - Don't Worry
I can't shake off the feeling that I've actually heard this on icelandic radio lol. Very catchy but the vocals are not really on point live. I love the studio version though.

04. Lisa Ajaz - My Heart Wants Me Dead
I can understand the Zara comparison though she's not quite there. I like this song a lot more at second listen as I originally put this at 7th. Would be a very nice surprise to see this in the superfinal. One of the best vocalists in this final to be honest.

03. Samir & Viktor - Bada Nakna
Honestly this just keeps growing on me and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I hated it first. Then I slightly liked it, and now it's in my top 3 lmao. I don't actually want this to win because I think it would flop horribly in May, but I really can't stop listening to it.

02. Molly Sanden - Youniverse
I'll be completely honest, a superfinal with Robin vs Molly would be orgasmic. I wouldn't care which one would win. I just want one of them to represent Sweden, that's all I know. I can settle for any of the other 4 in my top 6 but mostly I just want one of them to win. Molly's song is very Euphoria-esque but not quite so that it feels stolen. The staging is amazing and her vocals are very close to perfect. I love the dancers and a lot of what they do grabs me instantly. 10/10 for sure.

01. Robin Bengtsson - Constellation Prize
Just like Molly this is one of my absolute runaway favorites. I can't stop listening to it and I don't care at all how much of a Kygo copycat this is I want it to win. The staging isn't perfect but it kind of feels right since the song is so (for the lack of a better word) euphoric. This would easily be top 10 in May if it won tomorrow night.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Mar 11 2016, 09:28 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(sugabloke @ Mar 11 2016, 07:45 PM) *

I slightly disagree with this, I don't think Frans will walk over the televote that massively at all due to the app voting. I think the app will naturally level things out more than if it was phone voting only, as people will be giving votes to their second, third, fourth, fifth favourites which will likely be the Robins, the Mollys, the Aces, the Wiktorias and so on. If it was just phone voting then with Frans being many people's favourites, he'd have a Mans style walkover.

Not the best comparisons with so so so many variables involved, but Mans got 2x the votes of JTR in their semi last year with app voting involved, but this increased to 35x the votes in the final with just phone votes. Perhaps more tellingly, supposed easy second favourite Jon Henrik only got 1.3x the votes of Isa in their app voting heat, and this increased to 5x more votes in the phone voting only final. Obviously being in a high competition final naturally changes things and renders these comparisons fairly useless, but I do think the app voting will close things up with people voting for not just their very top favourite.

All that said, I think Frans will be top 4 in the jury vote anyway so even a smaller televote victory will be enough!

+Quote this post
Jerick
post Mar 11 2016, 10:03 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,716
WANT
01. Oscar Sia
02. Samir & Viktor
03. Robin Bengtsson
04. Frans
05. Molly Sandén
06. SaRaha
07. Ace Wilder
08. Lisa Ajax
09. Panetoz
10. Wiktoria
11. David Lindgren
12. Boris René

+Quote this post
LexC
post Mar 11 2016, 10:06 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
Well potentially the margins might be a trifle smaller but we're still talking about an insanely small probability of an upset happening.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Mar 11 2016, 10:12 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
The genrep results are in and they're just confirmation that IT'S ALL OVER

Frans: 32% (240 röster)
Samir & Viktor: 10% (76 röster)
Oscar Zia: 9,5% (72 röster)
Molly Sandén: 9,5% (70 röster)
Robin Bengtsson: 9% (68 röster)
Ace Wilder: 9% (67 röster)
Wiktoria: 5% (38 röster)
Boris René: 5% (37 röster)
Panetoz: 4% (31 röster)
SaRaha: 3% (26 röster)
David Lindgren: 2% (15 röster)
Lisa Ajax: 2% (13 röster)

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Mar 11 2016, 10:13 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Yes of course, I'd definitely be massively shocked if Frans didn't win! I could actually see Frans winning the juries as well, all the fan forums think he's going to be marked down but I really don't think he will be - I'd be very surprised if he was outside the top 5 in juries.

To completely do a U-turn on my thoughts a couple of weeks ago, I can see Frans winning Eurovision as well now and I'd be very happy with that. Weirdly I usually have a little bias against Sweden just because everyone always adores them so so much and thinks they are the best thing ever (when that is obviously usually Estonia, Cyprus, Germany or Albania), so now people are turning their backs on Sweden I quite enjoy being a fan! kink.gif

+Quote this post
ScottyEm
post Mar 11 2016, 10:21 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 519
I'm not gonna predict. I'm not even ENTIRELY convinced Frans has this in the bag just yet. In a sea of some real belters, it's irritating to see Wictoria considered a favourite (you are absolutely on point by the way, bad song juxtaposed badly with overbaked SFX). For me, Ace Wilder would be robbing this but it's likely I'll be having to tolerate the even uglier lovechild of Beiber and Sheeran come May...

This post has been edited by ScottyEm: Mar 11 2016, 10:22 PM

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 11 2016, 10:22 PM
Post #18
Group icon
QUOTE(Ryan. @ Mar 11 2016, 10:13 PM) *
Yes of course, I'd definitely be massively shocked if Frans didn't win! I could actually see Frans winning the juries as well, all the fan forums think he's going to be marked down but I really don't think he will be - I'd be very surprised if he was outside the top 5 in juries.

I've never thought he was going to be marked down. It's exactly the sort of thing the juries will be falling over themselves to point because it's current and he's a young pretty boy who can command fan legions. What juries don't tend to point is dated ripoffs (so I expect a last place for David Lindgren with them) and unfortunately this type of sound is still running its course, no matter how boring it all is.

+Quote this post
eurovision4ever
post Mar 11 2016, 10:30 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 19,535
I know he has no chance but I'm rooting for David

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Mar 12 2016, 03:54 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245
12. Boris René "Put Your Love on Me"
I can't even listen to this song in full, it's just annoying and by far my least favourite in this final. I'm just happy he was able to sneak into the final over Molly.

11. Panetoz "Hĺll om mig hĺrt"
I actually really like these boys, but Efter Soul Quinn (lol - however it's spelled) was 10x better than this. If it wasn't for four songs qualifying from AC this would have been left behind as a distant memory.

10. Frans "If I Were Sorry"
SHOCK! No. This isn't the worst song in the final and surprizingly NOT the worst song this year, however.. not my type of music at all. I don't see this representing Sweden well at all.

09. Robin Bengtsson "Constellation Prize"
I don't get the boner for this song, it's just... average in my mind.

08. Lisa Ajax "My Heart Wants Me Dead"
I loved this song in it's heat and it did deserve to go DTF - but at the same time, forgettable amongst the rest of the songs.

07. Molly Sandén "Youniverse"
I really expected more from Molly, she's produced some corkers in her day, but, this just seems like a desperate attempt to appeal to the masses, nothing original and a big fat flop for me.

06. Ace Wilder "Don't Worry"
But Ace, I am worried. Very worried. This is her weakest song, inside and outside of Melfest. Such a sad attempt at a return here.

05. SaRaha "Kizunguzungu"
When I was watching the rehearsal clips, I scoffed and moved on.. but her performance and the song in full is great! I still can't believe she was able to beat Isa in AC - but she deserved that win. This won't do much in the finals, I actually anticipate it being in the bottom four, but it was great to see something different in a sea of songs that are basic and could be sung by anyone really.

04. Oscar Zia "Human"
I wasn't looking forward to the return of Oscar Zia, but I was pleasantly surprised by this. It pushes the boundries only slightly from being above average. I would listen to an album he put out if it was to this caliber for sure.

03. David Lindgren "We Are Your Tomorrow"
David is a little treat for me that I've always enjoyed. I will admit that I prefer his other two Melfest tracks over this, but there isn't anything I dislike about this attempt, but there really isn't anything above average or *.* about this.. is there? He just slightly edges out for me over the last 3 I've eliminated.

02. Wiktoria "Save Me"
My top two this year for sure. Her voice live is very, very impressive. I actually think her performance live is better than her album track. I'm not a fan of the performance, I think it's a little corny and distracts from the song, but I love this none-the-less.

01. Samir & Viktor "Bada nakna"
Even I can't believe I put these guys first. But. This song has grown on me SO much, and to be honest, I think they're probably the only act that has the potential to take out Frans. I'm backing them 100% to win.

+Quote this post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:07 PM