BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

186 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls • General Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post Feb 15 2018, 11:28 AM
Post #181
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
According to TMZ, the Spice Girls have signed contracts for a reunion tour ~ http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/15/spice-girls-...-united-states/

The Spice Girls have signed contracts for their reunion tour ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the group tell us, Mel B signed on the dotted line last Friday and we're told the other members signed as well.

TMZ broke the story ... the girls have agreed to reunite for a series of concerts in the UK and the U.S. After our story posted, Victoria Beckham told Vogue there would be no reunion tour, but we know Mel B has signed the deal, as have others, and it spells out the specifics, including the number and location of concerts and compensation.

We're told there will be a limited number of concerts in the 2 countries and the group is gearing up to make a ton of cash on merchandise too.

-----

If it's true, I'm already worrying about just how "limited" the number of concerts will be.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
d22ghj
post Feb 15 2018, 11:34 AM
Post #182
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 5,168
Victoria didn’t flat out deny that she won’t perform when she said “no tour.” A few shows in the US and UK probably wouldn’t be classed as a ‘tour.’ I’m thinking two shows at MSG and two shows at the 02 - probably extended due to overwhelming demand.

The merchandising comment is random, all concerts sell merchandise? For a “limited” number of shows they won’t make that much in merchandising.

This post has been edited by d22ghj: Feb 15 2018, 11:48 AM

+Quote this post
Maz!
post Feb 15 2018, 11:41 AM
Post #183
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,217
expect the unexpected.... laugh.gif

+Quote this post
missingyou
post Feb 15 2018, 12:21 PM
Post #184
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 4,429
f*** the o2.. lets go back to wembley and do 2 nights there! they'd rake in loads more and fit more fans in!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Feb 15 2018, 03:01 PM
Post #185
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I hope so! I'm dreading the thought of missing out on tickets already and there's no announcement yet laugh.gif

Dread to think how much tickets will be! Bet they will be over £100 each dry.gif sad.gif ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Feb 15 2018, 04:02 PM
Post #186
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Totally unfair on everyone if there are just two small concerts with ridiculous prices

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post Feb 15 2018, 05:15 PM
Post #187
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574
Surely well get the concert filmed for broadcast or release or both this time round.

+Quote this post
Maz!
post Feb 15 2018, 05:28 PM
Post #188
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,217
QUOTE(schizo_spice @ Feb 15 2018, 06:15 PM) *
Surely well get the concert filmed for broadcast or release or both this time round.

With the Spice Girls you never know rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
d22ghj
post Feb 15 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #189
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
I hope it is Wembley Stadium so that Geri can finally get to perform there. They would easily sell out two nights there.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post Feb 15 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #190
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988
QUOTE(d22ghj @ Feb 15 2018, 11:34 AM) *
Victoria didn’t flat out deny that she won’t perform when she said “no tour.” A few shows in the US and UK probably wouldn’t be classed as a ‘tour.’ I’m thinking two shows at MSG and two shows at the 02 - probably extended due to overwhelming demand.

The merchandising comment is random, all concerts sell merchandise? For a “limited” number of shows they won’t make that much in merchandising.

I'm assuming merchandise doesn't just mean stuff sold at gigs. I have a feeling that HnM clothing line and stuff like that will be involved.

As for the number of datrs it will be at least 10 as the cost to put on a huge show to only do a couple of nights just wouldn't be worth it.

Tickets will be like gold dust though.

+Quote this post
d22ghj
post Feb 15 2018, 07:06 PM
Post #191
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Well they did 8 dates for their Christmas shows in 1999

+Quote this post
sammy01
post Feb 15 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #192
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(d22ghj @ Feb 15 2018, 07:06 PM) *
Well they did 8 dates for their Christmas shows in 1999

It was a much lower budget affair though. No backing dancers, no big screens etc.

I'm not sure at all being in their 40s they could do it without a big budget show.

Xmas in spice world was to show off their dancing and vocals.

+Quote this post
southernstar
post Feb 15 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #193
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 41,834
I very much hope to have the chance to see them live in concert, finally! dance.gif
The ROTSG tour? One of my biggest regrets sad.gif

This post has been edited by SouthernStar88: Feb 15 2018, 09:13 PM

+Quote this post
vibe
post Feb 16 2018, 09:45 AM
Post #194
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Please no hyde Park

Open in London Stratford stadium (much smaller than Wembley)
Some northern dates .

Some American dates.

Finish weekend at Wembley !!

+Quote this post
sammy01
post Feb 16 2018, 02:00 PM
Post #195
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Interesting reading the beginning of this thread, Vic saying defo no to a reunion at recent as mid Nov. They must have been in talks then, so she isn't always truthful.

+Quote this post
d22ghj
post Feb 16 2018, 03:39 PM
Post #196
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Well Mel C was against performing again and then a few months later they announced the 2007/08 tour. A lot can change over weeks/months, it can be just one phone call that can change everything.

I think it will be good for them to perform a concert this year as it is 10 years since their last concert. They can’t be accused of milking things,

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Feb 20 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #197
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
Three big hitmakers leading race to pen Spice Girls' new material for comeback

Naughty Boy, Steve Mac and Amy Wadge are all in the frame to help the reunited quintet produce a hit.

A new Greatest Hits package is due this year and, even though Posh and Mel C aren't keen on recording fresh material, at least one new track is required to boost the collection.

Naughty Boy - fresh from recording Cheryl's comeback single - already has a Spicy song in mind.

The producer - real name Shahid Khan - revealed he has even put a call in: "There's one more I'm waiting for, the Spice Girls. I've asked the question. So we'll see."

Geri Horner is particularly keen to make new Spice material and has suggested recycling songs from of an unreleased solo album she recorded with Ed Sheeran's songwriting partner Amy.

A source said: "Geri always thinks big. She worked with Amy and thinks she has the talent and ear to pen them a big hit."

Geri previously said of Wadge, who penned Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud: "We wrote the most authentic songs only two women could write together. She was the yin to my yang."

But the name Spice manager Simon Fuller really really wants is Steve Mac - the man behind Sheeran's Shape Of You and winner of this year's British Producer Brit award.

A source said: "There's talk of writing more Girl Power-influenced songs for a TV talent show too and he would be top of the list to help. But any new material has to be special and live up to their 90s heyday."

Comeback track Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) failed to crack the Top 10 in 2007.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/68...pen-Naughty-Boy

However...

Victoria Beckham On The Spice Girls: It's About Protecting The Legacy

"THERE have been so many people talking about the Spice Girls, but for me it's nothing tangible," Victoria Beckham said during a run-through of her Victoria, Victoria Beckham autumn/winter 2018 collection today. "It's not about touring, it's not about recording any more material, it's about protecting the legacy and thinking about what girl power looks like in the future."

"It's really not about us five doing things," she reiterates, grazing her hand along the rail of her latest V,VB designs, which she refers to as "the other side to my wardrobe, the easy-to-wear part of my suitcase".

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/victoria-be...-reunion-family

Victoria Beckham Downplays Possibility of Spice Girls Reunion Tour

“There is nothing tangible. It was great seeing the girls. Everybody got very excited, but there is no tour, there is no recording,” she said on the sidelines of her Victoria Victoria Beckham presentation during London Fashion Week on Tuesday.

“I think, for us, it’s about protecting the legacy, and asking how we continue the girl power message. How do we continue that, and pass it on to future generations? We’re just looking at how we pass that message, as opposed to us going on tour or recording or doing a TV show. It’s not about that. It’s about us looking the legacy and protecting it. And we all feel the same about that.”

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops...impression=true

thinking.gif Ugh!

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post Feb 20 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #198
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574
She's either utterly clueless as to what the fans want otherwise she's not wanting to give anything away.

Please be the second option.

This post has been edited by schizo_spice: Feb 20 2018, 07:27 PM

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Feb 20 2018, 08:10 PM
Post #199
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
Please piss off Victoria you are annoying the hell out of me!

+Quote this post
d22ghj
post Feb 20 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #200
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
I have a feeling there will be nothing and they got together to get that photo to show they are friends. In line with the #metoo hype at the moment.

+Quote this post

186 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

3 users are reading this thread (3 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:24 PM