BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 136 - Final Results, Mii~
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
PeteFromLeeds
post 23rd July 2021, 11:41 PM
Post #241
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Catching up now - thank you to everyone who voted for Stereo Honey to get me another Top 20! My observation that 'artists that sound a bit like Everything Everything tend to do quite well' certainly paid off here tongue.gif

Congrats Ben for the win - definitely one of the better pop songs in the contest and grew on me as we went along. Delighted to see both my +18 and +15 both Top 10 as well!

And of course thanks Iz for all the fab hosting and for all the thought put into this contest.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 23rd July 2021, 11:44 PM
Post #242
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

I almost commented on your artist sounding a bit like Everything Everything but thought it was a bit of a stretch laugh.gif (the more falsetto parts are sort of EE-esque but a little more restrained, good that I'm not the only one who made that connection lol).

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 24th July 2021, 02:02 AM
Post #243
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

Omg Ben congrats! Funny that we were talking about our BJSC songs having a similar naming scheme and I commented on it beginning of the month.
Ben sent 8 July at 22:47
Also I just noticed both going for the hero bjsc theme this month 🤣
9 Jul 2021, 00:23
You sent 9 July at 00:23
Oh yeah 😂, haven't heard any songs yet, hoping yours is good 😮
Mine's some rock nonsense, hadn't done any in a while
Well emo specifically
9 Jul 2021, 09:53
Ben sent 9 July at 09:53
Mine is the complete opposite lmao
It’s very pop x
🐍
9 Jul 2021, 13:05
You sent 9 July at 13:05
🐍
You sent 9 July at 13:06
Of course, I would expect nothing less
You sent 9 July at 13:06
But is it good pop? 😮 😮
You sent 9 July at 13:16
Oo it's quite nice, a tiny bit Marina 😮
9 Jul 2021, 14:22
Ben sent 9 July at 14:22
Everything I send is good pop 😮
Ben sent 9 July at 14:22
It’s very Marina in places 😂
Kek.

Great song, really nice to see a first time winner and you won with one I felt I could really get behind unlike the majority of your entries!

Amazing hosting btw Iz, really enjoyed reading back through this. wub.gif
QUOTE(CSB Dream @ Jul 24 2021, 12:28 AM) *
Also Aelandor and n DNTN blacklisted for high pointing my song in the semis and then getting amnesia and forgetting about it in the final

enjoy your COVID quarantine luvs x
You were a commiseration in my semi votes tho. The table does show votes on either side of your column because I gave an 8 and 7 to Persephonia and Lotunia so I can see how you misread it.

I liked it but didn't quite make my votes. x

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 24th July 2021, 09:15 AM
Post #244
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(Bré @ Jul 23 2021, 07:49 PM) *
A bit of a shame that DJ Sabrina came so close as that would have been an excellent winner but still loving seeing it up so high <3 justice achieved for 'All The Beautiful Things U Do' which definitely deserved better than 15th itself.

DJ Sabrina has been one of my favourite artists since and I’m so made up to see Trifoski get a silver medal for her. The track is such a stunner and is definitely more accessible and hit sounding than ‘All The Beautiful Things U Do’, which I guess was a little bit lo-fi to breach the top ten? Or was just ahead of it’s time! It’s still one of my favourite entries of mine from the past few years either way.

The RontBet odds were…a bit off, and hype trains were too easily believed, but I’m glad we managed to get the winner correct! Such a power pop song. All songs called Hero always seem to sound huge! Should have given higher odds to Adonia too, it was my 15 after all, but they often seem to underperform unexpectedly, so I’m glad it was the opposite this time around!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 24th July 2021, 02:03 PM
Post #245
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Thanks Iz gor a fab final, congrats Burb and Faouzia getting justice SO should have won last time. yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 24th July 2021, 03:07 PM
Post #246
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

Excellent winner. Oops at absolutely bombing but I wasn't surprised, I knew that was the kind of reception it would get when I entered it and so happy to have it in my canon <3 Fantastic hosting Iz - REALLY well prepared and done.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 24th July 2021, 03:11 PM
Post #247
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

feels really good to be back in the top 10 for the first time in a while!! heart.gif ty all that voted for the difference <3 <3

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 24th July 2021, 06:49 PM
Post #248
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jul 24 2021, 12:41 AM) *
Catching up now - thank you to everyone who voted for Stereo Honey to get me another Top 20! My observation that 'artists that sound a bit like Everything Everything tend to do quite well' certainly paid off here tongue.gif

Congrats Ben for the win - definitely one of the better pop songs in the contest and grew on me as we went along. Delighted to see both my +18 and +15 both Top 10 as well!

And of course thanks Iz for all the fab hosting and for all the thought put into this contest.

QUOTE(Bré @ Jul 24 2021, 12:44 AM) *
I almost commented on your artist sounding a bit like Everything Everything but thought it was a bit of a stretch laugh.gif (the more falsetto parts are sort of EE-esque but a little more restrained, good that I'm not the only one who made that connection lol).

My observation was that they sounded a little like Two Door Cinema Club but Everything Everything are another good comparison.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 24th July 2021, 08:28 PM
Post #249
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

QUOTE(CSB Dream @ Jul 23 2021, 05:49 PM) *
and cumulonimbia was one of the countries I thought it would appeal so I’m pretty sure I’m not getting a hit with this one

Aw, you were very close to making our votes - along with Aeroche - it did appeal to me so don't stress too much. I loved what you sent last month and it's great that you are experimenting by sending a wider variety of tracks to the contest. The results may not be as good but you are helping others to make some great discoveries, which is what it is all about at the end of the day.

Amazing to see Adonia finish Top 3 and great for Trifoski to finish at 2 as well. I only wish Richard Hawley could have done a bit better, somone call 999. sad.gif

Many thanks to everyone who voted for Rare Facture - I'm pretty amazed with a T10 finish tbh, really happy that so many people also enjoyed it! I think we can safely say that'll be my last appearance there this year but I will definitely take that.

PS - great to see the cooler half of 152wild (y'know the one with actual taste) giving us points at least. The other one who I won't name because I am FUMING rn can quite frankly get in the bin/skip/tip/pit. mad.gif

Thanks Iz for hosting - I loved my avatar. *.*

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 24th July 2021, 09:20 PM
Post #250
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Jul 24 2021, 09:28 PM) *
Aw, you were very close to making our votes - along with Aeroche - it did appeal to me so don't stress too much. I loved what you sent last month and it's great that you are experimenting by sending a wider variety of tracks to the contest. The results may not be as good but you are helping others to make some great discoveries, which is what it is all about at the end of the day.

Amazing to see Adonia finish Top 3 and great for Trifoski to finish at 2 as well. I only wish Richard Hawley could have done a bit better, somone call 999. sad.gif

Many thanks to everyone who voted for Rare Facture - I'm pretty amazed with a T10 finish tbh, really happy that so many people also enjoyed it! I think we can safely say that'll be my last appearance there this year but I will definitely take that.

PS - great to see the cooler half of 152wild (y'know the one with actual taste) giving us points at least. The other one who I won't name because I am FUMING rn can quite frankly get in the bin/skip/tip/pit. mad.gif

Thanks Iz for hosting - I loved my avatar. *.*

Showing your age with the Richard Hawley gag laugh.gif A great song that should definitely have done better sad.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 26th July 2021, 01:54 AM
Post #251
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

So excited for St. Burbia winning, congrats!!! I'm glad 'Hero' managed to have such a wide appeal, it sounded like it'd be a worthy winner so yay. Really enjoying that top 5 and my own top 2 just barely scraped into the top half, so pleased with that as well.

Great job hosting Iz, the theme went over my head but your effort and efficiency were remarkable and with such a time difference too, very much appreciated!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 26th July 2021, 08:49 AM
Post #252
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Pretty good winning track! Congrats to St. Burbia for a first ever win.

The big (good) shock for me is Jupiterdonia finishing 4th. I was really shocked to hear a song like that even make the final let alone finish top 5. I really liked it (especially in the heatwave last wave) but slow-tempo male ballads normally tank in this so that's a welcome surprise result.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 26th July 2021, 08:53 AM
Post #253
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

QUOTE(Dobbo. @ Jul 26 2021, 09:49 AM) *
Pretty good winning track! Congrats to St. Burbia for a first ever win.

The big (good) shock for me is Jupiterdonia finishing 4th. I was really shocked to hear a song like that even make the final let alone finish top 5. I really liked it (especially in the heatwave last wave) but slow-tempo male ballads normally tank in this so that's a welcome surprise result.

Jupiterdonia out here breaking boundaries & rocking that male representation wink.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 26th July 2021, 03:42 PM
Post #254
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

got a good ole house BANGER for the next contest. bring it on!!! coming for that 41st now!!!

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 7th June 2024, 01:41 PM