BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FilmClub ● General Discussion Thread, New Rules, New Format! Anyone Want To Take Over?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 7 2017, 01:25 AM
Post #1
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Hey guys and welcome to the new and reformed FilmClub where we are hoping this will become a permanent fixture and the new rules (we'll count em soon) will get more of you interested in participating <3

FilmClub: The 2017 New Rules Version
1) No more Rabbit sessions, it was too unflexible to work the FilmClub around Rabbit/what days people were free. However if someone has time during the course of the week and wants to host a rabbit session for the film, feel free to do so!

2) This filmclub will be much more flexible. Each film will have a week time period so you will have from Monday to Sunday to watch the film and post your thoughts here & you can watch the film whenever you want whenever you have time! This gives you 7 days (instead of just the usual one sessino) & also means you don't have to watch on a certain day/time like you did with the previous FilmClub. Then after watching please post your thoughts here and hopefully this will lead to discussions.

3) On that note, this thread will be for general discussion for any ideas, suggestions & feedback you have for FilmClub and for choosing the films for next week (the poll will be regularly updated, I think it should work if I delete the previous poll each week and add a new question after!)

4) Each week will consist of a poll of six films circling around a certain theme (e.g. genre, new releases, director, a certain actor, Oscar winners) and the film that wins the poll will be the film chosen for FilmClub. The poll will be put up each Friday so the film for next week is chosen over a couple of days

5) All films for FilmClub will either be on Netflix or Amazon Prime so this will make it easier for you to check out the film you are watching! If you don't have either/one of them and the film selected is on that site, then there's always places online etc that the films can be found kink.gif

Hopefully this'll reach a larger base of people now its a lot more flexible and please post if you'll be interested in this! <3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 7 2017, 01:28 AM
Post #2
It's a cruel summer.

Week #1: Horror
To kick off October, we will be having a horror theme cos of course Halloween occurs this month! (I have decided the themes for October and after this month is done/if this is successful then you guys can start suggesting themes from October!)

Films to choose from:
Orphan (Amazon Prime)
The Descent (Netflix)
The Exorcist (Amazon Prime)
The Gallows (Amazon Prime)
You're Next (Netflix)
Zombieland (Netflix)

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 7 2017, 01:44 AM
Post #3
It's a cruel summer.

My vote is for The Exorcist! I've been meaning to watch it for AGES and this feels like a perfect opportunity.

Really hope this attempt succeeds as I rly feel this could be something pretty fab for the site in terms of activity and discussion!

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 7 2017, 09:06 AM
Post #4
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

The Exorcist. Greatest horror film ever made for me (note, not the scariest horror film but the best for all bit stands for, deals with and executes)

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 7 2017, 09:08 AM
Post #5
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Zombieland for me, I have seen it but don't know much about the other horrors laugh.gif

Excited for this though!

+Quote Post
Severin
post Oct 7 2017, 10:26 AM
Post #6
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

Has to be The Exorcist - I mean, if yo're gonna do Horror do the best one.

Beyond that Zombieland, You're Next and The Descent are all great

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 7 2017, 11:03 AM
Post #7
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Gone for The Exorcist too! I'll probably turn it off halfway through due to being petrified but it feels like a classic film that I probably should see at some point.

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 8 2017, 04:01 PM
Post #8
It's a cruel summer.

This will be starting tomorrow so last chance to get your votes in!

Glad there seems to be some interest, hopefully this works <3

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 8 2017, 04:06 PM
Post #9
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Horror films are not my thing at all but I'd definitely be interested in future weeks now that we don't have to commit to a certain day/time!

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 8 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #10
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I voted for the only one in the list I haven't seen, The Gallows.

I like this idea a lot. Definitely a lot more flexible and at times, I'm always struggling to find things to watch, so if it's on here, then it might just fill that void for me.

P.s. If it's The Exorcist, I won't be watching. laugh.gif The film has scarred me. I understand it might not live up to the hype it once had, but the 9 year old in me is still petrified! Genuinely the only film, I won't actively watch again if I can help it. It's the scariest movie I have ever seen. But that's mainly coz I'm a wuss. But enjoy it guys. Looking forward to reading what you guys who will be watching for the first time think of it! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 9 2017, 06:23 AM
Post #11
Member No.: 13,007

Jonjo 😷😷💔

I hate to be the snob here but I'm a little nervous about what will probably be the inevitable "omg her vomit looks so fake / omg that special effect wasn't totally realistic so the entire film is shit and laughed all the way through it lmao xo" comments. I hear them from people irl and it makes my blood boil.

The film is so much more than its special effects and make up (which tbf it does exceptionally well but obviously not as glossy as modern horrors (eww to them anyway)). The film delves so deep into our psyche and the minds of children, parents, society AND most importantly the horror genre as a whole. It broke every convention going, refused to conform and tame itself down and just aggressively told the story.

I can't wait to rewatch and also to share with you guys more!!

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 9 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #12
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Ooh, sorry just seen this, the only ones I haven't seen are Orphan and The Gallows but they don't rlly strike me as films I particularly want to see, so I'll go for The Exorcist as it is like, the greatest horror film of all time and all. I was a bit weirded out by it at first, but every watch makes me appreciate it more and more.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Oct 9 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

The Descent is one of my fave films ever lmao.

Orphan is also completely slept on, such a good film that proper gets you in your feels. The Exorcist is good of course, but I've watched it a million times.

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 9 2017, 07:34 PM
Post #14
It's a cruel summer.

Week 1 Poll:
- The Exorcist (amz): 7 votes
- Zombieland (net): 2 votes
- The Descent (net): 1 vote
- The Gallows (amz): 1 vote
- Orphan (amz): 0 votes
- You're Next (net): 0 votes

Discuss The Exorcist here: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=205805

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 9 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #15
It's a cruel summer.

A couple of quick things:

BANNER:
Would anybody like to design a banner for FilmClub. Something nice & simple is perfect <3 Please post in here if you'd like to create a banner!

In future (I forgot to this week messT), with the films in the poll I will be adding a description as to what the film is about for future weeks.

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 12 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #16
It's a cruel summer.

What days do you guys think will work best for FilmClub:

either the current schedule (Monday to Sunday)
or Friday to Thursday as I'd guess more people will watch the film at the weekend which would allow for more discussion to occur throughout the week.

Which do you guys think'll be better?

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Oct 18 2017, 02:52 PM
Post #17
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Brats rock angelz or camp rock next week pls

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 18 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #18
I found the love, I found the love in me
Member No.: 5,042

I'd like maybe an Anime or a musical!

+Quote Post
lotita
post Oct 18 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #19
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

i'd love an anime too!!

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 18 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #20
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Hmm I'd love something completely different from a horror ohmy.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:21 PM