BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jesy Nelson - TBA • 1st Album, Snippet of songs on her Insta.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Feb 26 2021, 04:35 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Use this thread to discuss her first solo album.

She's released a snippet of a song (whether it's the first single or just a random track, we don't know yet) to her Instagram stories. Sounds quite Billie Eilish-y judging by that 1.5 second, LQ clip, just with more punch?

*I'll tidy the first post up once we get new details*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Benji89
post Feb 26 2021, 04:40 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 118,569
   No Gallery Pics

Should Jesy have her own thread in the pop music forum? Or even her own forum if people are that keen? I'm sorry if it seems too cold or too soon but she isn't in Little Mix anymore and doesn't want to be linked with them either from the sound of her exit post.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 26 2021, 04:45 PM
Post #3
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

All solo material is discussed in the groups forums. I guess we need to add the "+ Solo" part to our forum now aha!

+Quote Post
shadow2009
post Feb 26 2021, 04:59 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,059

Oh Jesy. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Billy.
post Feb 26 2021, 05:06 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 10,095
   No Gallery Pics

It doesn’t really give me Billie vibes if I’m honest but I’m excited to see what she comes up with!

+Quote Post
caseclosed
post Feb 26 2021, 05:15 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,311
   No Gallery Pics

She's working with the LM5 team. Also her voice is delicious so I'm perched. Think if she gets it right it could really work out.

+Quote Post
Slayer
post Feb 26 2021, 07:04 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 120,499

This sounds so good, i'm so excited!!

+Quote Post
Mr. C. Joel
post Feb 26 2021, 10:28 PM
Post #8
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Member No.: 7,475

Meh lost respect for her really, I’m interested in the single but seems way too soon she’s barely been out of LM 5 minutes.

I’m way more excited to see what the Trio come up with.

This post has been edited by Mr. C. Joel: Feb 26 2021, 10:28 PM

+Quote Post
Slayer
post Feb 26 2021, 10:47 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member

She posted the below on instagram with the caption 'My happy place ❤️'

So excited! She genuinely does seem a lot happier now doing things on her terms!

All of the people in the photo posted the same photo and one had the caption 'Loading...'

+Quote Post
Mr. C. Joel
post Feb 26 2021, 11:02 PM
Post #10
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Member No.: 7,475

This screams insta bullshit.

I don’t want to be pessimistic but your mental health issues don’t just vanish after 3 months.

She‘ll be shooting music videos, Performing, pressure of being a solo artist.

Seems crazy to me that she hasn’t even taken a proper breather.

+Quote Post
Slayer
post Feb 26 2021, 11:14 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mr. C. Joel @ Feb 26 2021, 11:02 PM) *
This screams insta bullshit.

I don’t want to be pessimistic but your mental health issues don’t just vanish after 3 months.

She‘ll be shooting music videos, Performing, pressure of being a solo artist.

Seems crazy to me that she hasn’t even taken a proper breather.

Just because you suffer from mental health doesn't mean you can't work - for many artists music is a form of therapy.

You can be in a bad place months ago and then feel better, sometimes I wonder whether people would prefer Jesy to be crying and unhappy not working (i'm not directing this at you).

Leaving has obviously been a long time coming and if this is what she wants, she has every right to do it. She should not stop pursuing her dreams because of mental health.

She's always said the issue was being in a group, ofcourse she'll still be compared but in her mind she'd feel more comfortable solo - who are we to argue against what Jesy wants? Also she probably had to compromise a lot, at least this way she's making the music she wants and doing the amount of promo she wants to do.

+Quote Post
shadow2009
post Feb 27 2021, 11:40 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,059

Sorry but yeah, I agree. She ditched the girls during one of the most important times of their career and left them to promote Sweet Melody, host the EMAs, complete The Search and promote Confetti as a 3 piece plus they can’t release another single from the album because of her and it seems like No Time For Tears was rushed as well.

She hurt their brand and didn’t even thank anyone for getting Sweet Melody to #1 or acknowledge the fans getting Always Be Together to #1 on iTunes.

I like her and am sure she’ll release bops but she definitely screwed over the other three girls with this stunt.

+Quote Post
Perriechu
post Feb 27 2021, 12:19 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 109,885
   No Gallery Pics

we don't really need think pieces on her mental health, nor the constant speculation on events that we have no clue about : ~ )

+Quote Post
caseclosed
post Feb 27 2021, 12:45 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,311
   No Gallery Pics

If you read her post when she left the girls she made it very clear that it was being in a group that took a toll on her mental health and that she was ready to pursue a new chapter in her life, even if she wasn't sure what it would look like. I think she already has a therapist so it's up to her how long of a break she takes. She clearly looks a lot happier and light spirited.

+Quote Post
Perriechu
post Feb 27 2021, 12:56 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(caseclosed @ Feb 27 2021, 12:45 PM) *
If you read her post when she left the girls she made it very clear that it was being in a group that took a toll on her mental health and that she was ready to pursue a new chapter in her life, even if she wasn't sure what it would look like. I think she already has a therapist so it's up to her how long of a break she takes. She clearly looks a lot happier and light spirited.

mhm, it's getting annoying that people are being so selective with what they read in her post.

She said she didn't like the pressures of being in a group. She also took several months off if you wanna get technical. We have no right to comment on her mental health and her recovery process. I can't believe you all just expect her to sit around. The fact we now have two individual acts from the "Little Mix" brand releasing music is so exciting because they're all so immensely talented, I wish nothing but success for Jesy

+Quote Post
Slayer
post Feb 27 2021, 04:40 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Lyrics?

+Quote Post
LMFan
post Feb 27 2021, 11:57 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 948
   No Gallery Pics

[quote name='shadow2009' date='Feb 27 2021, 11:40 AM' post='6810001']
Sorry but yeah, I agree. She ditched the girls during one of the most important times of their career and left them to promote Sweet Melody, host the EMAs, complete The Search and promote Confetti as a 3 piece plus they can’t release another single from the album because of her and it seems like No Time For Tears was rushed as well.

She hurt their brand and didn’t even thank anyone for getting Sweet Melody to #1 or acknowledge the fans getting Always Be Together to #1 on iTunes.

[/quote

Well put and I completely agree. Never have been a fan of her but this move by her just shows her true colours in my opinion. So wrong the way she left the group and has shown no respect at all. And let’s be honest the PR statement was complete nonsense as well. I would respect her more if she had just told the truth. The solo career will be short lived and watch her go crawling back in a few years time.

+Quote Post
Dane
post Feb 28 2021, 08:51 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 10,281
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Feb 27 2021, 11:40 AM) *

I like her and am sure she’ll release bops but she definitely screwed over the other three girls with this stunt.

Can’t help but feel the exact same. I look forward to hearing what she has to bring to the table but I just can’t help but feel a little let down. I completely understand her reasons for leaving but she really did leave at such an important time in their career. I just feel like none of the other girls would have done it.

And to now Pursue a solo career so soon to her leaving must be so hard for the other girls to see. But still interested to see what she does, just think it’s a little unfair on the girls to do it so soon.

This post has been edited by Dane: Feb 28 2021, 08:52 AM

+Quote Post
Perriechu
post Feb 28 2021, 09:04 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

you lot are rats man

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Feb 28 2021, 09:54 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I think it’s only natural for people to have these reactions. I’m quite concerned about the team of people she had around her who would know what reaction diving into a solo career so quickly would look like. I mean, everyone in here is a fan of Little Mix, just think what the reaction is going to be like from people who aren’t! I fear if Jesy’s mental health wasn’t in a good place in the band then it’s not going to get any better having to deal with this and without the support of the other girls.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:48 PM