BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doctor Who • Revolution of the Daleks, New Year's Day 2021 | SPOILERS
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 4 2021, 02:36 PM
Post #81
Buffy/Charmed
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

We need another female doctor. Unfortunately, Jodie wasn't a perfect fit for the role, and the horrendous writing really hampered her further. Look at Capaldi - he does not seem like the Doctor in his first two seasons due to terrible writing. However, he REALLY came into the role in his third and final, thanks to better writing and storylines. If the writing gets better and Chibnall goes, she will have the chance to get to grips with the character in far better adventures. If she does go, let's hope that Chibnall goes, too. He has created the two most horrendous series of Doc Who in its modern lifetime.

I also hope Yaz stays on for a few more seasons, as we are JUST starting to get character development now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Jan 4 2021, 02:46 PM
Post #82
A dead mouse (from my cat)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771

I don't know, for me "Hell Bent" and "Heaven Sent" was the big pivotal moment for seeing Capaldi *as* The Doctor - a mammoth story which unfortunately Chibnall hasn't given to Whittaker yet

+Quote Post
Calum
post Jan 4 2021, 03:00 PM
Post #83
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

Jodie definitely does need a big character piece where she's given time to shine alone (or maybe just with stronger writing in general), but sadly I don't think we're going to get that now especially with the character heading for being all consumed by the Timeless Child storyline.

It's frustrating because if we get to the end of series 13, still in the same kind of position we are now in terms of character development, and Jodie does indeed leave it's going to give plenty ammunition to those that think a female Doctor can't/won't/doesn't work. I don't think I'm mentally prepared for Chibnall being responsible for two Doctors either.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 4 2021, 06:40 PM
Post #84
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Christmas WAPing @ Jan 4 2021, 02:36 PM) *
We need another female doctor.

Can't see them going for another woman this time.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jan 4 2021, 06:46 PM
Post #85
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(common sense @ Jan 4 2021, 06:40 PM) *
Can't see them going for another woman this time.

Why not? They managed 12 men in a row, two women isn't much to ask for.

I think it'll be anything other than a white man. Going back to a white man would give ammunition to the "not my Doctor" folks who are desperate to prove Jodie was a mistake, when she's been anything but. I don't really mind who gets the whole as long as they're brilliant, and the show's never had any issue finding brilliant Doctors before. That said, from the rumours flying around (which usually aren't right lol), T'Nia Miller is my top choice. Of course, she'd be breaking down more walls as a black woman, which is great for representation and inspiring young people, but she's also a stellar actor!

(of course, still taking this news with a pinch of salt until the BBC officially confirm it but no harm in speculating!)

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 4 2021, 06:58 PM
Post #86
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

They’d be stupid to go back to a man straight away. I think they need at least one more woman before making that move.

It really would be a shame if this is true. I know there’s still a series to go but it feels like she’s hardly been the Doctor any time at all. And the amount of crap plots she’s had, it still feels like she hasn’t reached her full potential yet.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 4 2021, 07:06 PM
Post #87
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Ooh, T'Nia Miller would be a really inspired choice, I'm not sure if it would quite be her style, but she's been great in everything I've seen her in.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 4 2021, 07:10 PM
Post #88
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I love Jodie as a person and an actor but she’s not quite hit the role of the Doctor for me. She’s good but it’s not quite there for me. I’m happy for her to be in the role for as long as she wants to though.

It’s all just speculation anyway and the same that many have been trying to push since her announcement, with the exact same names being thrown around as they were for when Jodie got it, get some originality laugh.gif

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Jan 4 2021, 07:12 PM
Post #89

Yeah all the "rumour" articles are literally the exact same people laugh.gif Kris Marshall (of course), Phoebe Waller-Bridge etc

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 4 2021, 07:12 PM
Post #90
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Feliz Wombat @ Jan 4 2021, 07:06 PM) *
Ooh, T'Nia Miller would be a really inspired choice, I'm not sure if it would quite be her style, but she's been great in everything I've seen her in.

Well she did play a Time Lord before, and was the first on-screen male to female regeneration!

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 4 2021, 07:22 PM
Post #91
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Klaus @ Jan 4 2021, 07:12 PM) *
Well she did play a Time Lord before, and was the first on-screen male to female regeneration!

Wasn’t she also the first to go white to black as well?

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Jan 9 2021, 10:30 PM
Post #92

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 9 2021, 11:59 PM
Post #93
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Oh only just watched this episode on iplayer tonight it was good.

It's a pity two of Dr Who's companions are gone now, they made a good team, of course Dr Who of old only used to have one companion I think but she had three recently, four if you include the Captain who reappeared in the latest episode.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 10 2021, 09:59 AM
Post #94
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

a decent episode I thought, nice ending saying goodbye to 2 companions. Ryan, let's face it, was totty, and didn't get much to do beyond looking pretty. 4 companions has never worked properly, character development on regulars is that much harder when you have to focus on new character development on guest stars and you tend to just get exposition divided amongst 3 actors.

Yaz had a stronger character arc out of this one and should work better going forward with a new dynamic from John Bishop. He's fab in real life (currently ill with Covid) and I love Scousers. Scousers, if written accurately, are blunt, witty and down-to-Earth so Away-from-the-Earth should work as a sort of Dorothy-in-Oz feel to it and give The Doctor a bit of a challenge as opposed to three google-eyed worshippers looking up to her on a pedestal.

Catherine Tate was the best companion, ever. She gave the Doctor a hard time, the best companions are the strong personalities that pose moral questions, conflict (not in an Eastenders "you slag!" way), humour and don't necessarily accept the Doctor as a semi-flawless God-like being. Humour has been under-played, by and large, in the Chibnall era.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:49 AM