BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Of Monsters and Men - Crystals, Second studio album, first single
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JVSH
post Mar 16 2015, 07:17 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,568

Glorious. Such a welcomed return, My Head is an Animal is definitely in my all time top 10.

This post has been edited by JVSH: Mar 16 2015, 07:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Mar 16 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #2
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Their music is so beautiful. The voices work so well together and it's just so nice to relax to. 'My Head is an Animal' is a fantastic album and I love every song on it, 'Yellow Light' is particularly amazing.

'Crystals' sounds just as good as MYIAA on first listen wub.gif

+Quote Post
Roba.
post Mar 18 2015, 06:51 PM
Post #3
Rob aah
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Really liking this after two listens but it's no 'Little Talks' for me although it would nice for them to get another top 40 hit.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Mar 18 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #4
c:
Member No.: 20,692

So happy they're back! Really sounding beautiful like everything else they produce, hope something on this album comes close to the glorious Mountain Sound.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post May 2 2015, 09:47 PM
Post #5
c:

Next single seems to be this, 'I of the Storm'. Another great song, love the military-like drums and Nanna's vocals sound beautiful here too. Crystals is still my favourite and is right up there with their best now, this album is shaping up to be almost as good as their debut thankfully cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jun 9 2015, 02:12 PM
Post #6
c:

The album is rather beautiful, I wouldn't say it's as majestic as their debut but there are definitely some songs right up there. Crystals is my favourite, but I of the Storm is also a fantastic single. Immediate album track highlights for me are We Sink and Empire (think this was just an instant grat). Only had one listen but I'll definitely be going back to it just like I still play My Head is An Animal nowadays.

+Quote Post
JVSH
post Jun 9 2015, 03:20 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 12,568

I've literally had this on repeat for two days. There's no ~classic~ OMAM upbeat summer tune a la LT/MS but as a whole it definitely demands just as much attention as their debut. There definitely seems to have been a shift from storytelling to introspection in the lyric writing process and sets the two albums apart nicely - the fragility in Organs and I of the Storm are particular highlights.

Edit: Only just listened to the deluxe tracks and Winter Sun is a bit of a bop *.* They clearly wanted a more mature, slower album if they've relegated this to just a bonus track.

This post has been edited by JVSH: Jun 10 2015, 12:28 PM

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Oct 21 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #8
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I just adore this group. They make such beautiful music and have the perfect voices to go along with it wub.gif

'Crystals' is still amazing and I'm very much in love with 'Human', 'Wolves Without Teeth' and 'Black Water' too. The whole album didn't disappoint though, it's perfect. 'Thousand Eyes' is like the opposite of 'Yellow Light' though, the latter's build up is so calm and relaxing while the former is much more aggressive and is perfect for a dramatic reveal in a TV show or something!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:10 AM