BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Prince - Prince 4Ever, November 25th~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Nov 6 2016, 12:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Well the rumours were true (obviously). Prince is about to be honoured with a series posthumous releases. First among them: a deluxe, expanded edition Purple Rain — featuring previously unreleased material, no less — and a new, sprawling greatest-hits package called Prince 4Ever.

Due out via NPG Records/Warner Bros., the hits collection will arrive first on November 22 in the U.S. and November 25 elsewhere. It features many of Prince’s biggest hits, including “1999,” “When Doves Cry,” “Nothing Compares 2 U,” “Purple Rain” and, yes, “Batdance.” There’s also the previously unreleased (though much-bootlegged) “Moonbeam Levels,” which was recorded in 1982 during the 1999 sessions.

Prince 4Ever contains a 12-page booklet with previously unpublished photos by Herb Ritts.

As for the Purple Rain reissue, details have yet to be announced in full, but it is set for release early next year. A press release also promises “a second album previously unreleased material.” It also adds that plans for the release “were agreed with Prince before he passed away.”

Tracklist

1. 1999
2. Little Red Corvette
3. When Doves Cry
4. Let’s Go Crazy
5. Raspberry Beret
6. I Wanna Be Your Lover
7. St and Wet
8. Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad
9. Uptown
10. When You Were Mine
11. Head
12. Gotta Stop (Messin’ About)
13. Controversy
14. Let’s Work
15. Delirious
16. I Would Die 4 U
17. Take Me With U
18. Paisley Park
19. Pop Life
20. Purple Rain
21. Kiss
22. Sign ‘O’ The Times
23. Alphabet Street
24. Batdance
25. Thieves In The Temple
26. Cream
27. Mountains
28. Girls & Boys
29. If I Was Your Girlfriend
30. U Got The Look
31. I Could Never Take The Place Your Man
32. Glam Slam
33. Moonbeam Levels
34. Diamonds and Pearls
35. Gett Off
36. Sexy MF
37. My Name Is Prince
38. 7
39. Peach
40. Nothing Compares 2 U

He isn't short of greatest hits compilations, but this will no doubt be another big one - a must have for Christmas! Also intrigued about the 'Purple Rain' reissue ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Nov 6 2016, 12:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007
This will be the first Prince collection to include "Batdance" and will mark the first official release of "Moonbeam Levels".

A very comprehensive collection of the material recorded between 1978's 'For You' and 1992's 'Love Symbol'.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:07 PM