BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Patrick Wolf, spring 16
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ne Plus Ultra
post 10th March 2016, 07:30 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,817

It’s been a while since we heard actually new music by charismatic British singer PATRICK WOLF. Now he announced Wildawake, his first studio album since 2011’s Lupercalia. The record arrives this spring via the Bloody Chamber Music Label and you can already get a glimpse on its first single Wild Life. The song itself marks a surprising change in sound for the musician as he unfolds a bass-pumping piece of EDM-infected electropop.

‘Today I put my ear to the ground and heard the beat of dancing bears, roar of the captive crowd, these dismal stories do ourselves confound, but I just want to wild awake, wake the wild sound,’ explains PATRICK WOLF in the press release. Wild Life was originally written eight years ago for the Eurovision Song Contest.

‘Wildawake’ – Tracklist

01. Wildawake
02. Ear to the Ground
03. A Turner Sky
04. Wild Life
05. Baptista
06. Devil Behind Of Me
07. Lizard Point
08. Volusia’s Dream
09. Eagle Song
10. Watcher in the Woods
11. Ringworm
12. Send Your Spirits Into War

http://nbhap.com/daily/patrick-wolf-new-al...ngle-wild-life/

Preview of the first single:

First single sounds like a great club jam. Love it. wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 10th March 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #2
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

Can't wait for this, he always brings it. Was thinking recently that we hadn't heard anything from him for a while!
Not that surprising to see him going in this direction, he seems to have been heading that way for a while.
'Lupercalia' was my least favourite of his, but it had a few great tracks. All his other albums have been incredible.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 11th March 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I adore Patrick but I'm a bit worried by that clip, sounds a bit too Electra Heart for my liking. I'm going to see him live soon and was hoping for majestic strings and swooning vox but it's looking likely that I may be in for a more HI-NRG affair than I'd bargained for!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:30 AM