BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Opinions On: Dua Lipa (album)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post 6th June 2020, 01:15 AM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

Tbh in all Future Nostalgia's godliness THIS remains her best artwork:

Friday just gone marked three years in chart terms since the good sis released her first album ohmy.gif But how has this album held up overtime for you?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 6th June 2020, 01:21 AM
Post #2
Group icon
is in hibernation

I remember loving her, but being underwhelmed by this album. After being delayed for nine months from it's original release (not the queen's fault obvs) you couldn't help but hope for a masterpiece, and what I got was a solid album that was packed with filler for me. But that soon changed, every album track needs time but soon I realised how strong as an album, away from the singles it really was! It's still growing now, Genesis has finally hit me three years later after about 1000 tries laugh.gif The only ones that I'd dismiss as filler on the whole 25 track complete edition (excluding the live version of New Rules x) are Homesick, New Love and Bad Together. How were two of those singles :') My fave album tracks are Garden, Thinking 'Bout You (SO underrated), Begging and Dreams but all of them except the three I mentioned are at least good.

Want To and Running which were meant to be on the album initially (before it got pushed back to June 2017 it was supposed to be more dark pop) are so essential as well! Want To in particular sounds nothing like her on the verses but has such slick production.

Overall I just wanna say we shouldn't forget this album in the brilliance of Future Nostalgia, I actually don't think the albums are a world apart in terms of standard although Future Nostalgia is my absolute favourite of course.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 6th June 2020, 02:00 AM
Post #3
Group icon
is in hibernation

Song sorter
1 New Rules
2 Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
3 Be The One
4 One Kiss
5 Kiss and Make Up
6 Hotter Than Hell
7 Want To
8 Electricity
9 IDGAF
10 Begging
11 No Lie
12 Scared To Be Lonely
13 Thinking 'Bout You
14 Garden
15 Dreams
16 Running
17 Last Dance
18 Room For 2
19 No Goodbyes
20 Genesis
21 Lost In Your Light
22 Bad Together
23 Homesick
24 New Love

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 6th June 2020, 03:48 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

I prefer Future Nostalgia to this album as a whole, but I do have my favorites on this one.

My favorites in no particular order:

New Love
IDGAF
Hotter Than Hell
Genesis
Homesick
Bad Together
Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
New Rules

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 6th June 2020, 03:50 AM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 5 2020, 09:21 PM) *
The only ones that I'd dismiss as filler on the whole 25 track complete edition (excluding the live version of New Rules x) are Homesick, New Love and Bad Together.

Me, always the opposite. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
John-James
post 6th June 2020, 12:21 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,665

I remember being very disappointed with the album. I absolutely loved Be The One and Last Dance so really wanted the album to have that entire sound so I was very underwhelmed at first. The album slowly grew on me though and I've come to realise that it's got some great songs on it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:52 AM