BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kanye West ● general discussion, ~run away fast as you can~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Apr 21 2020, 10:05 PM
Post #1
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Use this thread to discuss Kanye West in any way you wish tongue.gif

What albums are you listening to from Mr West, are you rediscovering any of his hits, or want to show appreciation for any of his album tracks? What controversial things is he getting up to?

Previous threads:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 21 2020, 11:35 PM
Post #2

Listening to 'The College Dropout' this evening - where it all began! While not my favourite album by him, it does feature 3 of his absolute best songs: All Falls Down, Jesus Walks and Through the Wire. I think the album loses itself at times, but it's still a brilliant listen and a bonafide classic. Crazy to think how much he has transformed since this though!

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Apr 21 2020, 11:50 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

As you’ll probably see in a couple of days as I was going to start a thread about it but I’ve spent my quarantine time listening to a classic Hip Hop album everyday and I also listened to The College Dropout very recently. I’d heard nearly every track before but it was my first time listening to it from start to finish. I really loved it, it’s potentially going to become my favourites album of his if I listen to it a bit more.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Apr 21 2020, 11:53 PM
Post #4
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

First 5 albums were great, 6 was a turn, and its all been downhill from there sadly.

I would say I hope he gets better in the future but his wife's family are the absolute worst people to be surrounded by for there to be much chance of that happening.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 21 2020, 11:58 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(LewisGT @ Apr 22 2020, 12:50 AM) *
As you’ll probably see in a couple of days as I was going to start a thread about it but I’ve spent my quarantine time listening to a classic Hip Hop album everyday and I also listened to The College Dropout very recently. I’d heard nearly every track before but it was my first time listening to it from start to finish. I really loved it, it’s potentially going to become my favourites album of his if I listen to it a bit more.

VERY excited to see your full commentary on the album then (and subsequent albums you hear)!

QUOTE(fl00zy* @ Apr 22 2020, 12:53 AM) *
First 5 albums were great, 6 was a turn, and its all been downhill from there sadly.

I would say I hope he gets better in the future but his wife's family are the absolute worst people to be surrounded by for there to be much chance of that happening.

I mostly agree, but I'd say the turn happened at album 7 - 'Yeezus' is a big favourite of mine. It's stupendously bold and daring and unique and for me, it works! Pablo (has some great moments), ye (very unmemorable), and then whatever this latest one was, I can't say i'm as fond on though sad.gif

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Apr 22 2020, 08:19 AM
Post #6
on a bench in coney island
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I'd say after Yeezus too, that's one of his absolute best. 2010-2013 was when he was at his peak for me.
The Life of Pablo still had some great moments and looking back on it now I love the messiness of it lol, but it's so much less perfected than what came before it.
Everything that's come since has been so sub-par though.

01 My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
02 Yeezus
03 808s
-
04 The College Dropout
05 Late Registration
06 The Life of Pablo
07 Graduation
-
-
-
08 Ye
09 Jesus is King

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 22 2020, 10:14 PM
Post #7

01 My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
02 808s and Heartbreak
03 Yeezus

04 The College Dropout
05 Late Registration
06 Graduation

07 The Life of Pablo
08 Ye
09 Jesus is King

Fairly similar, Cremey! I think I just swapped one or two around a bit :')

They definitely come in trios for me. The first 3 are completely different to the 3 that followed with their experimental sounds, and then the last 3 alternate sounds which I didn't really buy in for.

I wonder what the next 3 will bring thinking.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:11 PM