BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Meghan Trainor - No Excuses, 1st Single | Thursday 1st March
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 3rd March 2018, 11:30 AM
Post #61
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Not listened to this yet, but on the length issue I think as time goes on we're going to start seeing more shorter singles in the chart because they're more repeat friendly on streaming. It's happening a fair bit in urban/rap and starting to cross over to pop now too. The Bazzi single that's getting big now is only 2:13 for example. Chris Brown 'Questions' and Lil Pump 'Gucci Gang' were similarly short too. Better for the artist you listen to a 2 minute song twice than a 4 minute song once. It's not a trend I like either by the way.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 3rd March 2018, 11:42 AM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

It's quite sad how the public aren't here for her really. Not Top 200 on Spotify or Top 50 on iTunes for a lead comeback single when someone like XXXTentacion can get Top 50 on Spotify with v little promo. It could of course change and I'm not going to write it off completely but it is disheartening to see it off to such a poor start.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 3rd March 2018, 11:49 AM
Post #63
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

QUOTE(Jack @ Mar 3 2018, 11:42 AM) *
It's quite sad how the public aren't here for her really. Not Top 200 on Spotify or Top 50 on iTunes for a lead comeback single when someone like XXXTentacion can get Top 50 on Spotify with v little promo. It could of course change and I'm not going to write it off completely but it is disheartening to see it off to such a poor start.

Not being shady but...why would they be? She's done no promo as far as I'm aware and she's not exactly A-list in the UK, plus she's not from the UK either.
She's just not got the platform. Presumably if she gets promo, radio support, a viral hit etc. then she'll see a turnaround.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 3rd March 2018, 11:56 AM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

QUOTE(Dexton @ Mar 3 2018, 11:17 AM) *
I’m happy it’s so short because that means it won’t drag on as much during the chart show laugh.gif

We won’t be hearing it in the chart show laugh.gif

But seriously, what a huge flop!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 3rd March 2018, 12:32 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

QUOTE(Jüpiter @ Mar 3 2018, 11:49 AM) *
Not being shady but...why would they be? She's done no promo as far as I'm aware and she's not exactly A-list in the UK, plus she's not from the UK either.
She's just not got the platform. Presumably if she gets promo, radio support, a viral hit etc. then she'll see a turnaround.

Well she's had a bit of buzz around her and has had instant support from radio. To not even be Top 200 on Spotify upon release I would say is disappointing, most fairly established artists manage that.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 3rd March 2018, 01:18 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

This is a really good song, it would be nice for her to have some success with it but yeah she does seem to be doign better in other countries compared to the UK.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 3rd March 2018, 02:30 PM
Post #67
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Mar 3 2018, 11:56 AM) *

How is it a huge flop after twenty four hours? It's not performed up to MY expectations in the UK but how is it a huge flop considering it was only released yesterday and airplay has just started laugh.gif

It's also very close to #2 on USA iTunes, Spotify is a bit of a disaster but maybe her label will start payola shortly!

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 3rd March 2018, 04:49 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I just think that with ‘bigger artists’, they tend to peak quicker than smaller artists. You can usually tell how a song by a big artist will perform within the first few days.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 3rd March 2018, 06:24 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Mar 3 2018, 11:14 AM) *
I've just gone through to see who was "moaning" about length, coz honestly, I couldn't remember seeing anyone say they hated the song and wanted it to be longer.
That's literally it? laugh.gif (when it's not been a part of this discussion)

jjake's issue is perfectly valid, I thought? He's not saying he wants it longer coz he hates it laugh.gif

QUOTE(jjake @ Mar 1 2018, 04:40 PM) *
this is f***ing terrible...2m30 for a lead single? could she not be arsed to construct a proper song?!

But hes moaning about the length of all things when you could moan about so much else if you didn't like it, which was what my first point was about?! The lyrics, the production, the styling, the video, anything else! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Frooot @ Mar 3 2018, 02:30 PM) *
How is it a huge flop after twenty four hours? It's not performed up to MY expectations in the UK but how is it a huge flop considering it was only released yesterday and airplay has just started laugh.gif

It's also very close to #2 on USA iTunes, Spotify is a bit of a disaster but maybe her label will start payola shortly!

Especially with the way the charts work too. Shes not a massive name as after "No" during the last campaign she definitely lost her potential star status in the UK in my opinion which is a shame so I don't understand how it can be labeled a flop - it's not like this has come on the back of All About That Bass or even No!

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Mar 2 2018, 10:07 PM) *
This is already falling on iTunes... couldn’t even go top 50 despite R1, R2 and Capital support

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Mar 3 2018, 11:56 AM) *

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Mar 3 2018, 04:49 PM) *
I just think that with ‘bigger artists’, they tend to peak quicker than smaller artists. You can usually tell how a song by a big artist will perform within the first few days.

Forgive me, but coming from the poster who thought New Rules was rubbish, claimed that NR wouldn't be "quite that big" and labels everything a flop unless it charts top 40 straight away, I won't quite agree with your predictions at the moment until proved otherwise.

Currently #47 UK iTunes and #3 US iTunes!

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 3rd March 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Um I don’t think I said New Rules was rubbish...?

New Rules success took most people by surprise so.. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 3rd March 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #71
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Do the pop mods need to seriously delete comments from every thread because you keep making 'edgy' and 'out there' comments, cqmerqn? Myself and Sam are discussing this issue as we speak.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 3rd March 2018, 06:33 PM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Cameron @ Mar 3 2018, 06:30 PM) *
Do the pop mods need to seriously delete comments from every thread because you keep making 'edgy' and 'out there' comments, cqmerqn? Myself and Sam are discussing this issue as we speak.

Speaking as someone who used to post quite regularly on this site, said comments are deterring myself from posting because they are so tiring, not just here but in the wider areas of the forum too.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 3rd March 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

After hearing this a few more times, I am still really enjoying this, it is a good comeback!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 3rd March 2018, 07:42 PM
Post #74
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Sean has a point here. In the US she’s coming back off of whatever momentum she still had after Better flopped (which I didn’t think would be any) and yet she’s still holding up after 24 hours. Radio seems to have latched onto this as well. It’s welcoming and shows she’s still got something left.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 4th March 2018, 02:04 AM
Post #75
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(SGrey @ Mar 3 2018, 06:24 PM) *
Especially with the way the charts work too. Shes not a massive name as after "No" during the last campaign she definitely lost her potential star status in the UK in my opinion which is a shame so I don't understand how it can be labeled a flop - it's not like this has come on the back of All About That Bass or even No!

I really feel like she's done incredibly well to extend her 15 minutes so far and still even be a going concern nearly 4 years after she debuted.

I am pretty sure her last album overall did pretty shoddy.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 4th March 2018, 02:21 AM
Post #76
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Yeah I really can't see what the expectations supposedly were for this? laugh.gif I think it was more that she had some momentum for her first era because of AATB, the next couple of singles were similar enough to that but different enough to not get lost amongst it. No was a bit of a fluke because it was a genuinely good pop song I feel, she really doesn't have that name power so naturally this was hardly going to instantly smash.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 4th March 2018, 07:47 AM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Agreed! She’s definitely stayed longer than anyone would have expected after All About That Bass - Lips are Movin’, No and to some extent Me Too were decently sized to help shake off the one hit wonder label. Just a question of when and if her 15 minutes will end..

+Quote this post
jamemixer.
post 4th March 2018, 09:41 AM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 66,971

Where do you think this will chart?

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 6th March 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #79
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Still bombing on Spotify worldwide but it’s holding up well in the United States, it’s currently top five on iTunes and increasing! I can see this being another top 10 hit in the US, still not sure how it will do worldwide but Spotify Payola is required as Meghan really seems to do well with outside her fanbase!

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 6th March 2018, 08:06 AM
Post #80
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

Meghan is on SLFN in a few weeks, so I'm assuming she'll perform this. Hopefully it gives it a boost.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:06 PM