BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sergej's Year-End Lists of 2018, My top 100 songs of 2018 start now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sergej
post Dec 10 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
6. Bebe Rexha - Meant To Be (feat. Florida Georgia Line)
I don't like Bebe Rexha at all. Even though she has made some songs that I like, I just don't like her.
And she collaborated with Florida Georgia Line, a band that I've hated before, but now I don't them as much as before in a "country" song and I use the word "country" in brackets because it's not a country song, it's a pop song.
What infuriates me, is that it is the biggest country song, breaking my last year's worst song "Body Like A Back Road"'s record of longest weeks at #1 in the US. I'm happy that "Meant To Be" broke the record, but still it's NOT A COUNTRY SONG!
And as the song itself, it's boring, dumb and both artists don't have a big chemistry together.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 10 2018, 08:12 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
5. Capital Bra - Berlin Lebt
2018's german charts were dominated by one artist: Capital Bra.
He's the german equivalent of Drake, getting many #1 hits in a year and a lot of top 40 hits. Unlike Drake, who had 2 or 3 #1 songs in a year, Capital Bra had 7 (!!!) songs at #1 in a year!
Some of his songs are decent and catchy. But he was overexposed as hell in my country.
However, there was one song where I couldn't understand why people liked it and it's the worst song I've heard from him.
The production sounds messy, his rapping is majorly off-beat and sucks. And the lyrics are standard "I'm better than you and you have do deal with it!" cliche from other german rap songs.
This is the worst german rap song I've heard this year and if you want to listen to it, here it is:

Like I said before, I just hate my country sometimes.
Luckily, the next 4 songs, are mostly well-known for a very wrong reason.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 10 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
4. Drake - I'm Upset

And speaking of Drake, he was also overexposed as hell! And while there are some that I've liked some songs from him, like "Mob Ties" and especially "Nice For What", "Scorpion" was a bad album.
This song might just be Drake's worst song yet. This was his response to Pusha T's diss tracks and I have to say, despite none of Pusha T's songs making it to the charts, he blasted Drake out of the water.
And it shocks me why Drake is still relevant!
The production isn't good, Drake himself is garbage on this and the lyrics are the worst part of this song.
Claming that there is a bounty on his head, that he is thankful for his women, but he doesn't want to spend money on what she wants.
Drake, just go screw yourself.
Maybe, just maybe, next year we are going to finally erase Drake from our memories. But knowing the public, we might just get more songs from him. Yay.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 11 2018, 10:22 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
Yeah Capital Bra sounds horrendous laugh.gif It just sounds like an American trap song but with German lyrics!

I had a quick peek at the German charts a month or so ago and I was surprised at how much German rap was in there, even more than the UK Urban scene! I also had a German flatmate for the last three months, a lot of the music he played sounded... the same tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 11 2018, 07:14 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(PeteLeftLeeds @ Dec 11 2018, 11:22 AM) *
Yeah Capital Bra sounds horrendous laugh.gif It just sounds like an American trap song but with German lyrics!

I had a quick peek at the German charts a month or so ago and I was surprised at how much German rap was in there, even more than the UK Urban scene! I also had a German flatmate for the last three months, a lot of the music he played sounded... the same tongue.gif

Yeah, it just sounds the time, at least the #1 right now in my country is a breath of fresh air!

+Quote this post
Calum
post Dec 12 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #26
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
HRVY in your bottom songs sad.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 12 2018, 08:23 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Calum @ Dec 12 2018, 06:58 PM) *
HRVY in your bottom songs sad.gif

I only dislike one of his songs, not his entire music library.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Dec 12 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
I quite like Meant To Be I have to say.

I'm Upset is very meh, probably the worst thing he's put his name to this year.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Dec 13 2018, 07:07 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
I really like Meant To Be which goes against everything logical but for some reason I just find it super catchy.

I'm a huge Drake fan but even I didn't think much of I'm Upset - not something I've ever played through choice.

This post has been edited by dobbo: Dec 13 2018, 07:07 PM

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 13 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(LewisGT @ Dec 12 2018, 11:05 PM) *
I quite like Meant To Be I have to say.

I'm Upset is very meh, probably the worst thing he's put his name to this year.

It's alright if you like "Meant To Be", but I have to agree with you that "I'm Upset" is the worst thing Drake put this year.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 13 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(dobbo @ Dec 13 2018, 08:07 PM) *
I really like Meant To Be which goes against everything logical but for some reason I just find it super catchy.

I'm a huge Drake fan but even I didn't think much of I'm Upset - not something I've ever played through choice.

It's alright if you like "Meant To Be".
Also wow, even a Drake fan didn't like "I'm Upset", that's incredible!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Dec 14 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #32
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Hi Sergej!! So glad Mo Bamba is in the hate chart, a surefire contender for my worst of the year.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 14 2018, 11:44 PM
Post #33
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Hyped for this Sergej <3

Loving most the hatechart so far *.* The Meant To Be hate tho, I love that song so much sad.gif Personal is a bit of a bop but def the weakest of those 3 HRVY songs (Hasta Bopego>>>>>>>>). I Want You To Freak and Mo Bamba are both SO awful as well and completely agree with your commentaries *.*

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 16 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 14 2018, 11:13 PM) *
Hi Sergej!! So glad Mo Bamba is in the hate chart, a surefire contender for my worst of the year.

Hi Joseph!
Nice to see you hating "Mo Bamba" as well, can't wait for your worst of they year.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 16 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Dec 15 2018, 12:44 AM) *
Hyped for this Sergej <3

Loving most the hatechart so far *.* The Meant To Be hate tho, I love that song so much sad.gif Personal is a bit of a bop but def the weakest of those 3 HRVY songs (Hasta Bopego>>>>>>>>). I Want You To Freak and Mo Bamba are both SO awful as well and completely agree with your commentaries *.*

Hi UltraReputation!
Nice that you love most of the HateChart so far!
It's ok that you love "Meant To Be", to reach to their own, I guess.
"Personal" is the weakest of the HRVY songs.
I'm also glad that you hate "I Want You To Freak" and "Mo Bamba"!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 16 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
3. XXXTENTACION - SAD!

The reason why I took a short hiatus for the Year-End lists, is to find words to describe the last 3 songs on my HATECHART and also rank those 3 songs where hard, as it constantly changes.
However, I made my decision.
Let's start with an artist, that I feel bad talking about. I feel bad to talk about artists who died recently, such is the case with XXXTENTACION.
I didn't wished death to him, but this isn't about the artist himself or his attitude or his past crimes, it's about his music.
And it sucks a lot. All of his songs would've made my list, but in the end I had to pick the most popular of them all: "SAD!".
The reason why it sucks? The lyrics.
In this song he talks about the struggle of letting someone go. The solution? Commiting suicide! And the worst part about this: It repeats 5 MORE TIMES!
Look, if you're struggling to let someone or something go, just talk with someone you can really trust, your parents, your friends, anyone who you can trust. They'll tell you that it's not the end of the world and that life goes on, even with letting someone go. But you don't have to commit suicide if you struggling to let someone go or when you're sad.
I had to struggle a lot in my life and I would never kill myself in those situations.
This song is awful in many ways, XXXTENTACION doesn't deserve to be murdered, but his music doesn't deserve that much attention. However, in this world, we don't control what we want. What a shame.
But to XXXTENTACION's credit, he's not the worst person or music artist on the list of the criminal variety.
And I think you all know, who I'm talking about.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Dec 17 2018, 03:51 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
Although XXX was certainly a despicable person, I find his music to be surprisingly pleasant. Especially SAD! which is quite haunting to listen to.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 17 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
Yeah I'm disappointed about the amount of attention XXX has had after his death as well, not just SAD but the whole album they've managed to create posthumously. Whatever he did in his life, I don't think it's right to capitalise on someone's death.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 17 2018, 08:40 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(LewisGT @ Dec 17 2018, 04:51 PM) *
Although XXX was certainly a despicable person, I find his music to be surprisingly pleasant. Especially SAD! which is quite haunting to listen to.

Well, if you find his music to be pleasant, it's alright, the only important thing is that he shouldn't be cashed in on by everyone (in that case, make another album posthumously).

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 17 2018, 08:40 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Petivity @ Dec 17 2018, 08:41 PM) *
Yeah I'm disappointed about the amount of attention XXX has had after his death as well, not just SAD but the whole album they've managed to create posthumously. Whatever he did in his life, I don't think it's right to capitalise on someone's death.

I'm also very disappointed about how XXX got a lot of attention after his death. It's just not right.

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:58 PM