BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Midnight Memories • Album #3, 25th November 2013
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 22nd September 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #21
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

A new song apparently from 'Midnight Memories' has leaked, titled 'Diana'. Very LQ version below, but all HQ versions have been removed. It definitely sounds like a great song - this era is going to be fantastic going by this and Best Song Ever! wub.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post 1st October 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #22
Group icon
nabad

This was actually posted on their Facebook yesterday, but just noticed it and saw that it hadn't been posted here...

HAPPY MONDAY And it really IS a happy Monday... You know why? Because we're giving you something to look forward to. Something pretty special. This something pretty special will be revealed on WEDNESDAY. Stay tuned... 1DHQ x

Hopefully this means we're getting more information about the album - artwork maybe?

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 1st October 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Either the artwork or the next single. 'Best Song Ever' is getting rather stale so looking forward to the next single. Even though it's probably going to be a ballad.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 1st October 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

I know BSE is labelled as the first single from this era, but in my mind it was used as a promotional track for the film, so their basically releasing an album without a lead single laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st October 2013, 09:15 PM
Post #25
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

QUOTE(d__ @ Oct 1 2013, 10:13 PM) *
I know BSE is labelled as the first single from this era, but in my mind it was used as a promotional track for the film, so their basically releasing an album without a lead single laugh.gif

Well no, they aren't "basically" releasing it without a lead single, cause that's what Best Song Ever is, whatever you classify it as... laugh.gif Besides, it would be shocking to me if they didn't announce another single to be released with/slightly before the album.

This post has been edited by JosephStyles: 1st October 2013, 09:15 PM

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 1st October 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Oct 1 2013, 10:15 PM) *
Well no, they aren't "basically" releasing it without a lead single, cause that's what Best Song Ever is, whatever you classify it as... laugh.gif Besides, it would be shocking to me if they didn't announce another single to be released with/slightly before the album.

You can't deny it's intentions were used subjectively as promotion for the movie though, I don't remember any announcement around the time of it's release saying it was considered the first single, if anything many thought it may get added to the album as a bonus track. As it's 1D, it's probably not too big a deal, but normally releasing an album in less than 2 months and no indication of a single release might be a risky strategy. I suppose they probably haven't finished mixing the album yet though.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st October 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #27
Group icon

Whatever its intentions were, it is the first single for the album. I don't think it's going to make any sort of difference as to whether it was announced as the FIRST single or not. And as I said, I'm sure there will be another single coming soon, it'll pretty much be OA/OS though I'd say.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 1st October 2013, 09:27 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I guess I'm just an annoyed fan wanting some new music... haha kink.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 1st October 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #29
Group icon
nabad

Definitely looking forward to a new single from them. 'Best Song Ever' refuses to get old, but more of the same would be LOVELY <3

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 2nd October 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #30
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

QUOTE(Calum Sandé @ Oct 1 2013, 02:56 PM) *
This was actually posted on their Facebook yesterday, but just noticed it and saw that it hadn't been posted here...
Hopefully this means we're getting more information about the album - artwork maybe?

Turns out it was only this:

http://www.1dday.com/ dry.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 2nd October 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #31
Group icon
nabad

Zayn and Liam (IN PARTICULAR) in that video *.*

That's about it, though... 23 November 2013 is Doctor Who day, not the day for One Direction, who are slowly turning into a bigger marketing product (as James Arthur said) than just being a band and having music released. So pointless.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd October 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #32
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Slowly turning into one? laugh.gif They've been a marketing product since the very beginning! There's nothing wrong with that... to be the biggest group in the world, it can't be solely about the music alone.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 2nd October 2013, 10:19 PM
Post #33
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(Jạy @ Oct 2 2013, 11:10 PM) *
Slowly turning into one? laugh.gif They've been a marketing product since the very beginning! There's nothing wrong with that... to be the biggest group in the world, it can't be solely about the music alone.

I didn't say they weren't a marketing product already.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 2nd October 2013, 10:34 PM
Post #34
Group icon

"slowly turning" into one says otherwise.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 2nd October 2013, 10:46 PM
Post #35
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Oct 2 2013, 11:34 PM) *
"slowly turning" into one says otherwise.

It doesn't (seeing as the implication was that they're slowly turning into one progressively more than they already are), but OK. happy.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd October 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #36
Group icon

"...than just being a band and having music released" which has never really been the situation with 1D tbh. They had a book out before they released a single! I don't think them doing a live stream is indicative of them becoming "a bigger marketing product", because it's a free fan event. I think there's more fault to be found with their recent movie, in that respect.

James Arthur's comment about them was totally pretentious anyway. James' album is still a product, he's signed to a major and he surely wants to earn a lot of money. It's not like he's "being real" by being independent and doing small pub/club venues. He's a product too, and he will be making money for numerous other people. One Direction and the team behind them have simply expanded their business and brand by diversifying outside of music too, which definitely isn't pointless!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 2nd October 2013, 11:57 PM
Post #37
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(Jạy @ Oct 3 2013, 12:44 AM) *
"...than just being a band and having music released" which has never really been the situation with 1D tbh. They had a book out before they released a single! I don't think them doing a live stream is indicative of them becoming "a bigger marketing product", because it's a free fan event. I think there's more fault to be found with their recent movie, in that respect.

James Arthur's comment about them was totally pretentious anyway. James' album is still a product, he's signed to a major and he surely wants to earn a lot of money. It's not like he's "being real" by being independent and doing small pub/club venues. He's a product too, and he will be making money for numerous other people. One Direction and the team behind them have simply expanded their business and brand by diversifying outside of music too, which definitely isn't pointless!

It has become part of the process that the finalists release a book before they even graft any music (even James had one out just after he won). That doesn't really equate to being a marketing product, it's telling the story of one's journey from X to Y, how they got to where they did, etc - and fair play to 1D, that didn't make them a marketing product, it didn't make James one either, nor Little Mix, or Matt Cardle, or any others who have released books shortly after winning/finishing in the final.

It's not so much about *being* a marketing product, it's more about the intensity of that, and the scale of it all. James releasing a book is probably about as far as he will go. He'll shift albums, grab #1's, and do what every other artist would hope to do. The scale of One Direction's marketing is sky high, well beyond any other band or artist that has ever been, and it's just becoming rather tedious that they're making money from nearly everything they can because they know that the large (and growing) fanbase will just blindly latch onto it, and it makes easy profit (on an extremely large scale). Simon Cowell doesn't care about their musical output, all he cares about is how much he's going to earn once their next faux project is completed. Sure, this new pathetic "1D Day" is free for fans, but he's certainly going to make money out of it some way by advertisement, so that's another factor of how they are nothing but a marketing product. Nicole on the other hand does care deeply about James' musical output, and does want him to succeed, but probably for the right reasons. He's not going to rake money in for Simon because he's hot and can pose for a poster well, or can release the next best-selling book because it's about somebody that the public adore to no end - he'll be raking money in for Simon because of his natural ability to just... sing and sell records.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 3rd October 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #38
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

I'd say it's very presumptuous to say Simon Cowell doesn't care about One Direction. For starters they're regularly working with big name producers and songwriters. The quality of the records still matter, and you can be sure SyCo are paying top money for all the songs they buy. They're by far the biggest act on his label and they make him a lot of money. I'm sure he treats them very well. They've just signed a new record deal and management contract with SyCo and Modest. I'm sure they will each have different advisors and they might have made more money if they had moved to another label. They only ever have praise for Simon Cowell, and they don't seem the type of boys to keep quiet if something wasn't going their way. They're a brand not a band. All artists on major labels are the same. Who in their right mind would keep throwing money behind an artist that's not selling any records? Just the same with any business.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd October 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #39
Group icon

Calum, I really really can't @ your post. Releasing a book most certainly IS a marketing product, and having one out before a single surely makes THEM marketing products? They were always massive ones, less than a year into their career there was 1D STATIONERY. They're a brand as well as a band. Simon most certainly does care about their musical output, cause as Rooney said, they get top producers and songwriters, and the albums are good, I know from what you've told me before that you like the albums, so I do think Simon cares as he wouldn't BOTHER otherwise, and if he did that, I don't think they'd have had three #1 singles plus two 800k+ selling albums. James most certainly *is* a marketing product. Emeli Sandé is a marketing product (just an example). EVERY artist signed to a big label is a marketing product, as surely the people in charge want them to make MONEY?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 3rd October 2013, 11:29 AM
Post #40
Group icon

Those books are 100% marketing products. It becoming a tradition doesn't justify it. It's a total cash in!

1D and their management would have been foolish not to explore lots of different money making avenues tbh. If everything they touch turns to gold, why not seize all opportunities? I don't believe their music is suffering for it.

I think you're perhaps being a bit overconfident when it comes to James' future, at this early stage. He'll probably be successful, but "the public adore him to no end" is so over the top. laugh.gif Wait for some evidence first! At this exact same stage, the same could have been said for Matt Cardle, and look what happened there. (Sorry Regina sob.gif )

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 17th May 2024, 11:34 PM