BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Radio 1 Dance to launch Friday 9th October
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
gavindeejay
post Sep 17 2020, 08:15 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
User: 7,645
https://radiotoday.co.uk/2020/09/launch-dat...-radio-1-dance/

Radio 1 Dance, the BBC’s first 24 hour streaming-only radio station launches on Friday 9th October at 6pm.

It will bring together new versions of some of Radio 1’s existing dance programmes via BBC Sounds, and provide a second chance to hear dance shows from Radio 1.

Pete Tong will host the Drivetime slot 4 – 6pm Monday to Thursday, followed by Radio 1 Dance Presents from 6 – 7pm.

Radio 1’s Classic Essential Mix airs from 7 – 9pm, followed by Radio 1’s Drum and Bass Show with Renee La Vice 9 – 11pm. Radio 1’s Residency can be heard from 11pm – 1am, with the latest line up featuring Disclosure and Amelie Lens.

On Friday, three hours of Workout Anthems will start at 3pm followed by Radio 1’s Dance Party with Annie Mac 6 – 8pm, Danny Howard 8 – 10pm, Pete Tong 10pm – midnight and Radio 1’s Essential Mix from midnight till 2am.

Radio 1’s Dance Anthems with MistaJam starts at 4pm on Saturday followed by followed by Danny Howard’s Club Mix from 7pm till 8pm. BBC Introducing Dance fronted by Jaguar is on 8pm – 9pm, Radio 1’s Essential Mix airs from 9pm – 11pm and and Diplo & Friends go from 11pm till 1am.

Sunday on Radio 1 Dance will be dedicated to laid-back vibes with Radio 1’s Wind Down streaming from 4 – 8am, 12 – 2pm and 6 – 8pm.

Pete Tong says: “This is a huge moment for the dance scene and I’m really excited that my Radio 1 show will be providing the soundtrack to Drivetime on Radio 1 Dance. I look forward to even more people getting to join us to hear the very best in dance and electronica every Monday – Thursday on the new stream.”

Aled Haydn Jones, Head of Radio 1, says: “This is a historic moment for Radio 1. Though the station’s world-leading influence in the dance music scene has spanned decades, we’re now able to stream all of our brilliant shows in one place on BBC Sounds.

“Radio 1 Dance will be the perfect accompaniment to Radio 1, offering something for everyone, from die-hard dance fans to those simply looking to inject some more energy into their day.”

Really looking forward to this. Only downside is it's not on DAB.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Sep 17 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
Oh my god yes!! I was only thinking when they did the dance weekend that a full time station is needed, can’t wait

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Sep 17 2020, 10:50 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587
Exciting!

+Quote this post
gavindeejay
post Oct 9 2020, 08:38 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
User: 7,645
Launches tonight at 6pm. The streams already up and running on the BBC Sounds App.

What’s interesting is that they seem to be taking Radio 1’s Anthems over the weekend

This post has been edited by gavindeejay: Oct 9 2020, 08:42 AM

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Oct 9 2020, 10:30 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I've had a look over the schedule and the only "original" stream will be Pete Tong's show at drivetime. Everything else is either simulcast with Radio 1 or a repeat, even the daytime Dance shows have already been spun on early morning Radio 1 mellow.gif I was expecting content to be new and exciting and this just doesn't seem to match up. It kind of begs the question why bother? There was an Ofcom investigation raised about the necessity of this station as well kink.gif

+Quote this post
Dan17F1
post Oct 9 2020, 04:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 35,239
QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Oct 9 2020, 11:30 AM) *
I've had a look over the schedule and the only "original" stream will be Pete Tong's show at drivetime. Everything else is either simulcast with Radio 1 or a repeat, even the daytime Dance shows have already been spun on early morning Radio 1 mellow.gif I was expecting content to be new and exciting and this just doesn't seem to match up. It kind of begs the question why bother? There was an Ofcom investigation raised about the necessity of this station as well kink.gif

Pete Tongs shows are all repeats too 🤷‍♂️ I don’t think they’ve been allowed to do anything original on the stream which I think is why they’ve specifically called it a stream rather than a station!

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 9 2020, 04:54 PM
Post #7
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
They could have done something a lot more interesting with this money. Aled Haydn Jones too busy blocking Röyksopp's “The Girl And The Robot” from being playlisted in 2009 probably... no I haven't forgotten and I CERTAINLY haven't forgiven. mad.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Oct 10 2020, 01:26 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Radio 1's actual output this weekend has been fantastic, and that's what I'd want from a station dedicated to dance music with some presenter led stuff rather than just show repeats. Oh well, I'll probably still switch onto the stream on and off.

Perfect time to plug a playlist I have though which collates the dance tracks playlisted by Radio 1 over the past year happy.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Feb 13 2021, 01:56 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Oct 10 2020, 01:26 PM) *

Updated again for y'all, have a listen. Radio 1's dance output recently has been so strong!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:54 AM