BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Your fave movies, Of all time.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Oct 7 2014, 12:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
Mines Are -

1 | Dante's Peak
2 | Wreck It Ralph
3 | Bedknobs & Broomsticks

What Are yours?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
p a v
post Oct 7 2014, 12:21 PM
Post #2
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
We have a Movies forum you know

Also, only James can make three spelling mistakes in each of the 3 titles <3

+Quote this post
JSG
post Oct 7 2014, 12:55 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Conderella @ Oct 7 2014, 01:21 PM) *
We have a Movies forum you know

Also, only James can make three spelling mistakes in each of the 3 titles <3

Lol oops. Can someone move it and correct my spelling please angel.gif

This post has been edited by J⭐M E S: Oct 7 2014, 12:55 PM

+Quote this post
Qween
post Oct 7 2014, 12:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
BOOM

+Quote this post
Qween
post Oct 7 2014, 01:09 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
Also, and in no particular order, a list of films I would classify as ALL TIME FAVES and those I can rewatch and never tire of

Shrek 2
Johnny English
Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
The War Of The Roses
How The Grinch Stole Christmas

and about 50 others I cannae think of right now but will amend my list with later

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 7 2014, 01:34 PM
Post #6
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
The Matrix.
Inception.
Pan's Labyrinth.

It'd be hard to narrow it down to 3, but if you forced me- those would be mine.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Oct 7 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #7
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
My favourite ever is Spy Kids but I cannot for the love of god decide on the rest of the list. The following are somewhere among my absolute faves and I obviously forgot like most of my favourite films:

Prometheus
Another Earth
Date Night
The Lovely Bones
Cube
My Sister's Keeper
Sound of My Voice
Mars Attacks!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 7 2014, 02:53 PM
Post #8
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Toy Story or Star Wars (can never decide which, either 5 or 6), my inner five year old always gets the better of me with these, though they have stayed with me all my life and would definitely be the most 'appropriate' answer per sé.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 7 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
My top 3 is pretty clear to me. Lord of the Rings (the whole trilogy) is first, and then Back To The Future (I) and Gladiator are second and third. LOTR pretty much IS my love of fantasy combined into one short 9-hour film, Back to the Future does the same sort of thing with sci-fi time travel stories and Gladiator with historicals. Could watch any of them over and over again.

Beyond that I'm a little more hazy on the order although I think some of these might be up there:

Monty Python And The Holy Grail
Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace (come to the conclusion that this is actually my favourite SW film, and I will not be persuaded otherwise, although I do love 4 of the others also; II was v. boring)
Airplane!
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (& First Contact as well but that's second in my order, with WOK third)
Groundhog Day
Terminator (I & II)
Scott Pilgrim vs The World

I'm so franchised.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Oct 7 2014, 04:16 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
Oh Eyes, NO NO NO. Well, at least II isn't your fave I suppose. I'd put VI up there in my list too and maybe IV. V is obv iconic in parts, but DAGOBAH and then III is largely solid but a bit overlong and badly acted.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Oct 7 2014, 04:37 PM
Post #11
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
Off the top of my head

Notes on a Scandal
Hanna
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Princess Mononoke
Only Yesterday
Los girasoles ciegos

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 7 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ Oct 7 2014, 05:16 PM) *
Oh Eyes, NO NO NO. Well, at least II isn't your fave I suppose. I'd put VI up there in my list too and maybe IV. V is obv iconic in parts, but DAGOBAH and then III is largely solid but a bit overlong and badly acted.

It's largely because none of the other 4 stand out from the rest that much, they're all pretty consistent with each other, each with trappings holding them back (IV a bit basic, V has Dagobah, true, III has long long long scenes of people talking about erm... love lives and war stuff and Hayden Christensen, which balances out some of the best scenes in the entire franchise, and VI doesn't quite manage to grasp the epic finale they were obviously going for IMO). For a long time I'd wonder which was my favourite, only thinking about the original trilogy because of the critical opinion of the prequels and I couldn't pick between any of the 3 originals because they all have their strengths and weaknesses, although if I'd choose now from those three it'd be IV. As you can see I put a lot of thought into this.

Which led me to TPM though, I find it very fun, it's a nice story, with excellent music, almost self-contained from the rest, with a big sense of 'irrelevant villains that I actually find quite interesting to watch', 'this is what everything's like before the fall', and 'hey look, funny plastic evil robots'. I appreciate JJB too, sometimes even unironically, might as well go the whole way here now I've started that sentence. Yeah, the prequels were weaker as a set of three than the first lot but TPM alone is my favourite.

It was pretty much a big part of my childhood. Definitely the first Star Wars film I remember seeing and the only one I've watched more than thrice, aside from possibly IV. Which may explain my love of it, it was my gateway film to sci-fi as a whole.

Oh, and this different perspective also makes it very amusing reading geek messageboards, where you'd swear they think the man who created the thing is actually Beelzebub incarnate for merely creating our poor Gungan friend.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Oct 7 2014, 05:11 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
I don't hate Jar Jar either and do actually find him oddly enjoyable, strictly ironically too, obv. I just think the problems with the modern trilogy is that they use effects and scale to mask shortcomings in every meaningful area: acting, plot, direction, character. Music is amazing though, I'm especially a fan of Duel Of The Fates (obv) and the music they play when the droid army are invading for the firs time.

VI wins simply on account of having so much Palpatine, who was f***ing scary back when I watched them as a child (1997 when they were remastered), but also he remains one of my all time favourite movie villains, far far scarier than Darth Vader simply because he was so all encompassing in his evil.

I shall rank them to save writing an essay:
VI > IV > III > V > I > II

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 7 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
In a rough order:
01 Mean Girls
02 Dreamgirls
03 Clueless
04 Bridesmaids
05 The Hunger Games (both films)
06 The Sapphires
07 Easy A
08 Hannah Montana (guilty pleasure ok)
09 Carrie (the original, the remake was pretty bad aside from Ansel <3)
10 Ted

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post Oct 7 2014, 05:33 PM
Post #15
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675
QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 7 2014, 06:14 PM) *

I loved the remake cry.gif Chloe Moretz is soo good wub.gif

In recent years

1. Black Swan
2. Zero Dark Thirty
3. Hunger Games: Catching Fire (and I hated the first one

I don't have an all-time as it changes regularly

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 7 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #16
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
My Top 10 with Commentary wub.gif

10. Happy Feet/Happy Feet Two
I'll start with two films at 10 which are the 2 Happy Feet films. I adore these 2 films so much- the animation is beautiful and I love the characters. The first film was a massive box office hit and won an Oscar but the 2nd film bombed at the box office and did badly with critics which was a shame. The first one was a beautiful film and I loved some of the songs in it. The 2nd film was also fantastic with extra amazing characters and more good songs. I remember seeing the 2nd one twice in the cinema- the 2nd time was a Kids AM showing and it was mad. It was in the biggest screen in the cinema and it was sold out, people were still arriving after the film started and there was a massive queue getting in.

9. 10 Things I Hate About You
The first of 3 amazing teen school movies in my top 10. Julia Stiles is absolutely perfect in the lead role and she is funny and just so amazing. Heath Ledger is also great- especially that Can't Take My Eyes Off You moment. The rest of the cast are also superb- especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Larisa Oleynik. The film contains so many funny moments- my favourite part was the detention scene. This is a film you must watch.

8. The Lion King
This is a CLASSIC and the songs are just on another level. I think that sums up The Lion King.

7. Mean Girls
This film just has so many quotable and amazing lines with fantastic performances from the whole cast- Lindsay Lohan as Cady Heron deserved an Oscar nomination. The film has a fantastic script that Tina Fey wrote, the music is great with fantastic songs such as Built This Way & God Is A DJ and I just love the story.

6. Shrek
Shrek is probably the film I have seen the most ever- I have seen it around 100 times. It is just an absolutely superb animation with great voices from the voice cast and amazing loveable characters. My favourite character was the Gingerbread Man. This film is just so amazing in every way and never fails to make me laugh

5-1 later smile.gif

+Quote this post
JSG
post Oct 7 2014, 05:59 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Conderella @ Oct 7 2014, 02:39 PM) *
My favourite ever is Spy Kids but I cannot for the love of god decide on the rest of the list. The following are somewhere among my absolute faves and I obviously forgot like most of my favourite films:

Prometheus
Another Earth
Date Night
The Lovely Bones
Cube
My Sister's Keeper
Sound of My Voice
Mars Attacks!

Ooh I forgot Prometheus, and My Sister's Keeper and The Lovely Bones.

Another Earth is a beautiful film pav.

Brill selection there.

+Quote this post
JSG
post Oct 7 2014, 06:00 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 7 2014, 06:14 PM) *
In a rough order:
01 Mean Girls
02 Dreamgirls
03 Clueless
04 Bridesmaids
05 The Hunger Games (both films)
06 The Sapphires
07 Easy A
08 Hannah Montana (guilty pleasure ok)
10 Ted

(so GAY) Omg how can you not like the remake of Carrie? It's brilliant x

+Quote this post
JSG
post Oct 7 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Argh there are so many films I forgot that I liked sad.gif The hunger games for example and Black Swan too. Oh my gosh!

+Quote this post
JSG
post Oct 7 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Argh there are so many films I forgot that I liked sad.gif The hunger games for example and Black Swan too. Oh my gosh!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:23 AM