BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
64 Pages V  « < 62 63 64  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The X Factor • Series 12, Rita, Grimmie, Cheryl and Simon judging
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
andibob
post 25th October 2015, 10:30 PM
Post #1261
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 21,298

I think Keira is overrated.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 25th October 2015, 10:42 PM
Post #1262
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Amazing decisions by Rita, Louisa and Keira are 2 of my 4 favourites and Lauren was also great tonight heart.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 25th October 2015, 11:20 PM
Post #1263
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

As I expected, Nick chose completely the opposite three to who I wanted - Ben especially had such a wonderful tone. Regarding the girls, I had written Monica off but that performance was fantastic and I was rooting for her immediately. I thought it'd be Lauren that lost out but then her performance of Take Me Home was also fantastic. I knew Louisa was 100% safe whatever, so I was hoping Keira would lose out as I still don't connect with her at all despite her obvious talent but I knew deep down that Monica wouldn't quite make it.

Overall Cheryl chose the perfect 3, Nick chose the completely wrong 3 and Simon and Rita had a mixed bag, although the latter's category was all very strong anyway.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 25th October 2015, 11:31 PM
Post #1264
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

gonna do a little rankette

01 Keira Weathers (she seems like the most 'winnery' contestant to me. I don't think she will because the public are stupid, but she's easily one of the most ready made popstars they've had in YEARS)
02 4th Impact (You just cannot argue with their enthusiasm, vox and general likability)
03 Seann Miley Moore (could be amazing if he just learned the right balance between spectacle and vocals. The real test will be when he needs to change it up and sing something different)
04 Louisa Johnson (she has the vox, but needs serious work)
--------------------------------
05 Mason Noise (the fact this smug jackass is 4th says it all)
06 Lauren Murray (I hate her personality but she has an alright voice)
07 Che Chesterman (I don't get the hype at all, he has a bland voice and doesn't have the look at all)
08 Max Stone (blah)
09 Bupsi (a joke that has gone on too long)
10 Reggie n Bollie (blah)
11 Alien Uncovered (not my bag AT ALL. I don't like their brand of hyper confident (see: arrogant) girl band
12 Anton Stephens (smug, faux humble, terrifying facial expressions and eyes. About as likeable as bubonic plague)

It really isn't a banner year, at least not the acts that have made the final 12. I could probably have had about 8/9 acts to root for if the judges hadn't been such fools. Basically below the line it's all a mass of bland or shit or whatever and I don't care for any of them at all.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 26th October 2015, 03:24 AM
Post #1265
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

All caught up now! Still can't get over Simon's picks drama.gif The total opposite to what he should have picked and I imagine both Bupsi and Max have a very high chance of being bottom 3 in wee 1 (I assume it's bottom 3, as itll be a double elimination) as has been said... Then again none of them really had a chance, Jennifer would still probabl make it to about week 5 and Kerri-Anne/Ebru would probably be one of the first couple to be eliminated because they didn't have enough screentime. Anton is not to my taste at all and very annoying but likely to get far sadly.

Rita made the right 3 choices I would say, although I was still gutted to see Chloe go home. Louisa was an absolute definite of course then any two of Keira, Lauren and Chloe - whoever missed out would have been a loss. Same goes for Grimmy, away from the controversy based on just his vocal, I definitely think Mason deserved to go through and of course Seann and Che are brilliant. I am slightly sad at Simon going home but equally that was by far his weakest performance and I expected him to lose his place to Mason as soon as it was announced that Mason was coming back laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 26th October 2015, 08:20 AM
Post #1266
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Really hope this sets Louisa up for a big "Alexandra/Beyoncé" moment for the final with Adele. kink.gif (it won't but imagine!!)

+Quote this post
Maz!
post 26th October 2015, 01:17 PM
Post #1267
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,217

Has anyone notice they scrapped the Xtra Factor on Saturday? Not that anyone watches but i always found the Xtra Factor after a live show watchable tv.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 26th October 2015, 02:35 PM
Post #1268
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Finally caught up and here's my take on it all:

First off, didn't like the Live revealing at ALL. Dragged it out for waaaay too long with the conestants' appeals, asking the other judges and the 10 second countdown nonsense. At least we didn't get a case of "bring so-and-so back" chanting but the whole process was far too overdone, preferred the old style method even if spoilers were leaked (but it's not exactly hard to avoid them is it?) As for the decisions themselves:

Groups:
Shock Cheryl choosing 2 girl groups but to be fair they were both very good and impressed me. The rest of the competition was pretty limp to put it mildly, I'm actually glad Menn on Point were chosen - they're only gonna last a week no doubt but it'll be way more entertaining than the 2 gospel group snoozefests. First Kings were hit and miss throughout the show so far but had a poor performance there so no huge loss.

Overs:
Correct decision picking Max, he's completely different to anyone else and will deliver a great vocal week on week. Anton I can see why he went through, he'll last a long time too as he'll pick up the Christopher Maloney 'traditionalist voters'. Ebru & Kerri were both ok but completely forgettable and would be swallowed up at Lives. However I've got no idea why he picked Bupsi over Jennifer - awful decision that.

Boys:
Generally happy with that. I thought Ché may be the shock elimination but after that performance there was no danger of that, he's the best by a country mile. I'm one of the few that's happy Mason got through, he makes the show more interesting to watch and X Factor always needs the controversial aspect. Josh & Dan?? (can't even remember the other guy's name) wouldn't stand out at Lives. I was torn with Seann it was obvious he was going through and he'll be spectacular no doubt on a few weeks but he's definitely a one-trick pony, I would have preferred Simon over him but wasn't to be.

Girls:
ELATED that Lauren is through, absolutely blew everyone else away with an inspired song choice (plus she is extremely attractive). Louisa well solid as ever but I don't get excited by her at all sadly. Shame Monica is out she smashed that performance, I don't agree with Keira being in over her - she's just plain and doesn't stand out at all. I was backing Havva too but the performance wasn't quite good enough. Blah.

Overall a decent set of finalists and I don't think there's an outright fave right now.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 26th October 2015, 03:10 PM
Post #1269
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

I'm glad Lauren got through, she is one of the best singers in the competition this year and she is absolutely gawjus as well! Monica I think should have got through as well as it was a really heart felt performance from her and she has the talent to write and perform her on songs which sets her apart from everyone else.

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post 26th October 2015, 11:41 PM
Post #1270
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,492

I've just caught up on X Factor from the weekend just gone so here's my two pennies worth!

The only judge I disagreed with was Nick. He put through two of my least favourites from that stage of the competition! Really don't like Mason Noise at all, and although Che can definitely sing well, every song he sings sounds the same, and he reminds me of when I lived at university and had a flatmate who both looked and sounded like him who would just sing really LOUDLY ALL DAY EVERY DAY and after a year I was ready to hack my own ears off. sleep.gif I'm happy with Seann being put through, but would have liked Simon and Josh to have gone through as well.

I agree with the decisions Rita made. I wasn't a fan of Monica before that performance but did really enjoy it so wouldn't have minded if she had been put through. I think Louisa is my favourite in the competition at the moment but I like Keira too.

I think Cheryl put through the best groups. I like both the girlbands and although I'm not as keen on the two guys, they have more star quality than the other acts left in that category.

Simon has made a couple of interesting choices, but they clearly put Bupsie through for the entertainment factor. Maybe Simon has got withdrawal symptoms from not having Sinitta on this year? laugh.gif But I do like Bupsie. I think Jennifer is great vocally but I didn't find her particularly interesting. Anton really scares me.

This post has been edited by Parallel Reality: 26th October 2015, 11:46 PM

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 27th October 2015, 11:00 PM
Post #1271
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

I really like Anton. His Botox speech to Simon at Six Chair Challenge gave me total Will Young 'I don't think you could ever call that average' speech on Pop Idol teas...yes he's quite expressive with his mannerisms and a bit wacky but his voice more than makes up for it. I'm saying semi final at least. I wasn't a fan of Che's until this weekend gone. It should really have been Simon and Josh joining him but you can't win 'em all. He'll be final material for sure.

But I LOVE Reggie & Bollie as well. They just make me feel a bit happier about the world in general, and they seem like nice lads biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 28th October 2015, 01:36 AM
Post #1272
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I just hope to god the blasted themes are changed this year. The live shows are my favourie part of the show but in the last 2 years inparticularly i am fed up with the same songs every year. New themes is a must this year. I in partuclar am so fed up of halloween week.

+Quote this post
post 28th October 2015, 11:59 AM
Post #1273
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

QUOTE(Aphrodite @ Oct 28 2015, 01:36 AM) *
I just hope to god the blasted themes are changed this year. The live shows are my favourie part of the show but in the last 2 years inparticularly i am fed up with the same songs every year. New themes is a must this year. I in partuclar am so fed up of halloween week.

Halloween week is actually one of the few that I don't mind so much!

I like artist weeks, but Queen, Beatles, MJ etc are all done to death. I loved that they did a Britney week once, I'd like more like that, which are a little outside the box to happen.

This post has been edited by Joecula: 28th October 2015, 01:39 PM

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 28th October 2015, 04:03 PM
Post #1274
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

So many posters on Digital Spy are predicting that Mason Noise will be bottom three this week but I'm not so sure. If he puts in a good performance people may forget what he did. If he was bottom three I bet the judges would keep him. Aren't two leaving this week anyway?

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 28th October 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #1275
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

I can't see the public getting behind Mason at all, I think he'll be in the bottom 3 this weekend (but not bottom and therefore not instantly eliminated - I see that being Alien unfortunately) and the judges will save him (against Bupsi probably). But then he'll probably be bottom of the vote the following week and leave instantly then.

+Quote this post
danG
post 28th October 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #1276
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

I would predict Bupsi to leave instantly with Mason Noise and Alien or Reggie 'N' Bollie* in the bottom 3, with the judges saving Mason.

*I'm still not sure which of these 2 will be bottom 3, it depends on if RnB can connect with the public in a Jedward way.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 29th October 2015, 01:54 AM
Post #1277
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I really think Mason Noise could go a similar way to that of Katie Waissel. He'll last longer than people would like/or at least think he would. It's infuriating he did what he did because he's SO GOOD and I think he'd be a legit contender had none of that gone down the way it did. I do think and believe he really regrets the decision now and I hope he can get some support back to take him pretty far. I think he has a chance of doing well in reality!

The groups & girls were perfectly chosen. I actually think the boys were too! With the overs though, Kerri-Anne should've made it over Anton or Bupsi. She at least had a chance to get a moment like Fleur did. Jennifer would've been preferable too, but I'm not too disheartened tbh. Who would actually buy her records, seriously?

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 29th October 2015, 02:06 AM
Post #1278
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Mason Noise probably ruined his chances with his drama but he performs brilliantly and if he continues doing that he might stay in (and miraculously get the crowd to love him again!!) I like Bupsi but i was surprised Simon picked her, you just know she wont do well in the competition so i could see her going early.

Fingers crossed no Michael Jackson, Queen or Beatles week this year, maybe an Oasis and Blur week in the same week, id love to see that, but it wont happen.

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 30th October 2015, 03:00 PM
Post #1279
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

I don't see it mentionned but Monica is back as this year's one and only wildcard !

I am kind of happy she is given a second/third/fourth chance, because she is quite good and at least she won't try to come back again next year laugh.gif

+Quote this post

64 Pages V  « < 62 63 64
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:40 AM