BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Movie Polls I: Will Divergent: Ascendent (4) Happen?, New Forum Feature | Vote and Comment!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Will Divergent: Ascendent Happen
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
UltraCruelSummer
post 19th March 2016, 12:01 AM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Hello and welcome to the new feature of the movies forum, the movie polls. Every Friday, a new poll will be posted based on either a significant box office prediction, something that has happened in the industry or a more fun poll about a movie itself (an example of which will be next weeks theme). I hope this catches on well and please comment and vote your thoughts on your opinion and hopefully we can make this into an interesting discussion.
(quick note- the Han Solo poll isn't a part of this!)

This weeks question is:

Will The Divergent Series: Ascendent be made?

This week saw the release of the 3rd movie of the Divergent franchise, Allegiant, but was it a big mistake to split the book into two. Will we see the conclusion to the troligy

PROS:
- Has a movie this far into a franchise been stopped before?
- There's still the fanbase
- May as well complete it so its finished and please the fanbase

CONS:
- Completely struggling at the box office. Opened below both Divergent's here in the UK and earned a horrific $26M from 27 territories last weekend! Also struggling on midnights in America by opening significantly below both of its predecessors and is set to miss a $30M opening weekend! Could also have horrific legs.
- Reviews are absolutely dreadful
- Will Lionsgate waste any more money when they will likely make a loss?

Please state your opinion below and hopefully we can make this really interesting heart.gif Next week's topic: Batman vs Superman
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 19th March 2016, 12:03 AM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Hoping this goes well and doesn't flop badly! Will be interesting to see whether we all gear towards the same answer or an interesting debate occurs!

I'm going to go for yes but only just, and maybe no if it's Friday/weekend projections go down even further in America. I think it will be released but be pretty much dumped as it seems general audiences just don't care about the franchise any more and the reviews are somehow getting a lot worse each time.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 19th March 2016, 12:38 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Great concept!

I voted "yes" because of the first point you made really, I don't think I've known a franchise like this, that's so far into it, that it's not made and it's not like the other two were huge... I just think they should make it "straight to DVD" or at least stop spending so much money on it's promotion etc.. and give it a soft release. It has a fanbase, but the studio companies have completely over estimated it. I definitely prefer the likes of 'The Maze Runner', 'Hunger Games' and now 'The 5th Wave'. But 'The Maze Runner' series seem to have more legs and manages to sell a similar amount to the previous one before it, unlike this series.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 19th March 2016, 12:43 AM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

I would be shocked if it didn't, given it'll be the last one (and part 2 of the last book at that).

But I would not be saddened by any stretch if we didn't get to see the conclusion to the series

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 07:58 PM