BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RuPaul's Drag Race // All Stars 4
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Apr 29 2018, 01:55 AM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Alexis Mateo said on a live stream All Stars 4 is filming now..... We really don't need All Stars every year so I'm not sure how I feel about that laugh.gif I think they want to just milk the show while it's popular, there are lots of queens still to pool so I guess 2 seasons a year can't be *so* bad. AS3's problem wasn't being so close to AS2 anyway, it was the actual way the series transpired.

She could just be trolling or joking idk, there's also Dragcon which seems like odd timing. I thought I'd slip it in here rather than a whole new thread.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Apr 29 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 29 2018, 02:55 AM) *
Alexis Mateo said on a live stream All Stars 4 is filming now..... We really don't need All Stars every year so I'm not sure how I feel about that laugh.gif I think they want to just milk the show while it's popular, there are lots of queens still to pool so I guess 2 seasons a year can't be *so* bad. AS3's problem wasn't being so close to AS2 anyway, it was the actual way the series transpired.

She could just be trolling or joking idk, there's also Dragcon which seems like odd timing. I thought I'd slip it in here rather than a whole new thread.

I thought AS4 wouldn't be coming until at least season 11 was done? Excited if AS4 is filiming now though. There's plenty of queens I'd love to see on it, plus some of the AS1 cast could reappear as AS1 was kinda trash with the whole pairing thing. I'd love to see Ivy Winters/Darienne Lake/Max/Shea Coulee/April Carrión/Trinity K. Bonet/Trinity Taylor and so many others.

I suspect they may end up doing 2 seasons of drag race a year (Spring/Autumn) given how popular it is now and the upgrade to VH1. I hope they do at least 2-3 new seasons between each season of All stars. It would work out as a season of Allstars every 1-2 years whilst getting 2 normal seasons of drag race a year.

+Quote Post
post May 1 2018, 10:40 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

I think they're casting for it and it's filming after Drag Con.

If they can get Valentina, Shea, Trinity Taylor, Nina and some of the strong runners up from S10 I think it'll be excellent. Also they need to get rid of the stupid twists.

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post May 1 2018, 10:42 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

I actually hope they go for Queens who had early exits for AS4 as I think it would be interesting to see what they could bring now.

But definitely think the twists should go... well any jury vote twist that for sure!

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: May 1 2018, 10:46 AM

+Quote Post
RobBot
post May 1 2018, 10:56 AM
Post #5
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,117

I want them to just WAIT until after Season 12 so they’ve got a really good arsenal of queens to work from. The Olympic every 4 years treatment was perfect, now they’re trying too hard to strike while the iron’s hot, winding up with a B-list cast and trying to do the most to emulate All Stars 2.

Part of why All Stars 2 worked was down to the four year gap imo. I also agree about the twists needing to go though, the fight just isn’t there for the lip syncs and therefore many fall flat. Imagine Aja fighting Shangela to the death in Episode 5 or the potential lip syncs we could’ve got out of Chi Chi.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 1 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!

I'd LOVE a RuDemption series but there's so many from Season 9 and 10 who should get the chance too (no matter who wins Season 10, there's potential for like 3 or 4 to be on AS4). Idk if I'd rather wait for a proper RuDemption season for a lot of the early outs to be on, even the ones who've improved and have a lot of potential probably won't get a look in with a cast that has potentially the likes of Trinity, Shea and Valentina, plus the season 10 frontrunners. It's gonna feel like they are just filling spaces with easy first eliminations a bit.

+Quote Post
LexC
post May 1 2018, 11:47 AM
Post #7
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Member No.: 5,342

Yeah this really feels like VH1 trying to milk as much out of the show while it can. As much as you could basically do the whole thing consisting of the runner ups from Series 9 & 10 plus some randomers from the earlier series like Ongina, having basically everyone who's ever placed in the top 5 ever being on All Stars at some point really dulls the "best of the best" element that 'All Stars' ought to have.

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post May 1 2018, 12:14 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LexC @ May 1 2018, 12:47 PM) *
Yeah this really feels like VH1 trying to milk as much out of the show while it can. As much as you could basically do the whole thing consisting of the runner ups from Series 9 & 10 plus some randomers from the earlier series like Ongina, having basically everyone who's ever placed in the top 5 ever being on All Stars at some point really dulls the "best of the best" element that 'All Stars' ought to have.

Maybe they should alternate 'All Stars' being Queens who did well etc with like All Stars Rudemption with Queens who only made it part way into the show (anyone pre-Snatch)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 8 2018, 04:05 PM
Post #9
Brown cow, stunning!

AS4 cast is supposedly (take with a tonne of salt obv but this seems legit tbh):

----Naomi----
----Ongina----
----Shea----
----The Vixen (lol)----
----Trinity----
----Valentina----
----Miz Cracker----
----Manila----
----Latrice----
Plus maybe Kim Chi and Pearl, the former is apparently in negotiations because Naomi is on and obv they're bffs, and Pearl is apparently more keen following Dragcon.

I'm SO excited if Manila is true, they can fill the rest of the cast with shit as far as I'm concerned if she gets another chance!!! wub.gif

+Quote Post
post Jun 8 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend

Good cast teebs

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post Jun 8 2018, 06:08 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Good ish but I’d still prefer a series with queens who had early exits etc we think it would be more interesting

+Quote Post
post Jun 8 2018, 07:07 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend

I think it’s pretty stacked. There’s about 5 people there I’d be happy to see win.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 11 2018, 11:47 PM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!

A more solid AS4 cast rumour is also out (thanks to some Nancy Drewing based on tour dates, as filming is apparently July):

Monet X Change - cancelled a gig and got replaced by Shea who declined AS4
Valentina
Naomi Smalls - free of gigs from June 23rd
Trinity - schedule after June is clear
Mariah - schedule after July 1st is clear, plus with the WoW presence she had I'd be v surprised if she wasn't in!
Ongina - schedule clear after July 1st
Blair St. Clair - gap in an otherwise packed schedule
Latrice
Manila - last show July 1st, apparently the producers wanted to give her and Latrice another chance thanks to the AS1 pairs fiasco

Ivy, Darienne and Farrah are potentially other queens on it. Unfortunately Miz Cracker seems to not be true as she is booked solid for July sad.gif

QUOTE(LexC @ Jun 11 2018, 07:44 PM) *
Paul O'Grady's on record for saying he hates the show so I cannot see that being true!

Yeah I thought that laugh.gif I know that both Ru and Michelle are up for a UK edition and Alan is a big fan but Paul has slagged off what drag has become due to the show!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 14 2018, 06:05 PM
Post #14
Brown cow, stunning!

OMGGG AS4 GETS BETTER GIA IS APPARENTLY DOING IT

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jun 14 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #15
laugh 'til we cry
Member No.: 21,176

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! HERE FOR IT !!!!!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 19 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #16
Brown cow, stunning!

Latest rumour is Rebecca Glasscock rotf.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 19 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #17
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

That'd be an epic car crash and totally iconic.

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Jun 19 2018, 08:45 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

Would be a good villain moment.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 20 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!

Another cast rumour, this is a source who got a lot of Season 10 tea correct

Monet--
Monique--------
Trinity--------
Farrah--------
Valentina----
Naomi---
Joslyn----
---Gia-----
Latrice-----
Manila----
Jessica Wild----

Mostly great but some odd picks, hmm perhaps there were negotiations that fell through for some earlier names laugh.gif

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jun 20 2018, 07:15 PM
Post #20
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

MONIQUE!!!!

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:58 PM