BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nintendo // Console Rate RESULTS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HarryBorelli
post 6th February 2018, 01:05 AM
Post #21
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Final two batches tomorrow fyi feel free to predict or hype etc
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 6th February 2018, 05:36 PM
Post #22
Group icon
User: 13,007

N64's position is so random - it's always so highly regarded by fans. I suppose it probably got the "overrated" effect when people voted ~

Great top few - and reflects what the majority of this generation of gamers will have grown up playing!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 6th February 2018, 05:47 PM
Post #23
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

04. Game Boy Advance (AVG: 8.39)
Highest Scorers: 10 (Liam, Dexton, Oliver, Richie, Gooddelta) 9.5 (Cody Slayberry)
Lowest Scorers: 3 (Cqmerqn) 4 (Jay)

03. Game Cube (AVG: 8.58)
Highest Scorers: 11 (Cody Slayberry, Dexton) 10 (MvG501, Oliver, HAUS)
Lowest Scorers: 6 (HarryEzra) 7 (Cqmerqn, CardiiB, ...ready for it)

At number four off this countdown is the last in the main Gameboy series, 'Gameboy Advance'. Released in 2001, the handheld console was the first to be designed using a landscape view, the other game boys were all horizontal. It sold 81.51 million units worldwide and was being sold until 2010 when it was discontinued. Personally, I rather like the design of this console even though I have not played it as much as some of the others. Reminds me of the PSP Vita in the design of it. Famous games include; Fire Emblem, Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Final Fantasy VI Advance, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and Wario Ware Twisted.

Taking the bronze place in the rate is another one of Nintendo's home consoles, in this case, it is 2001's Gamecube. Released at a time where its competition was Sony's PlayStation 2 and Microsoft's Xbox. The GameCube was the first Nintendo to use discs as a way to play the games and its storage medium. It also supported online multiplayer for some of its games. You could also use a link cable and use the Gameboy Advance to get particular features such as using it as a second screen for games etc. Nintendo sold 21.74 million GameCube units worldwide before it was discontinued in 2007. It did receive mainly positive feedback from critics but was criticised for "exterior design and lack of features". Some famous GameCube games include; Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart: Double Dash and Resident Evil 4.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 6th February 2018, 06:08 PM
Post #24
Group icon

Gamecube was a huge part of my teenage years. So many happy memories attached to it and SO MANY controllers that myself and my friends destroyed due to repeated marathons of Super Smash Bros Melee laugh.gif

Mario Sunshine, the Metroid Prime series.. SO MANY HIGHLIGHTS.

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 6th February 2018, 07:29 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

I never actually owned a GameCube but I always borrowed my mates, and honestly, Super Smash Bros Melee is one of my all-time favourite games! So so good! wub.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 6th February 2018, 10:02 PM
Post #26
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

02. Nintendo DS (AVG: 9.56 (or 9.6 rounded))
Highest Scorers: 11 (HarryEzra, Liam, HAUS) 10 (Cqmerqn, Cody Slayberry, Oliver, GoodDelta, CardiiB, Michael)
Lowest Scorers: 8 (Iz, Richie, ...ready for it, Jay)

01. Wii (AVG: 9.6 More 10's)
Highest Scorers: 11 (Cqmerqn, MvG501, Michael) 10 (HarryEzra, Cody Slayberry, Liam, Iz, Dexton, CardiiB, Haus)
Lowest Scorers: 7 (Richie, Ready For It)

Finishing second in the rate is Nintendo's 2004 32-bit dual screen game console that won the hearts of many gamers. The Nintendo DS. Personally I gave this an 11 because it has so many memories, from the games such as Nintendogs, Mario Kart, and Bomberman which were just many DS games I adore playing. I remember we even used to have a DS Club at Lunch in the secondary school in the school library so it does have a lot a lot of memories attached. In terms of features, it allows you to connect to Wi-fi, download play, Multi-card play and Finnware settings. Most iconic of all was Pictochat, which iconic loading screen is pictured below for nostalgia purposes. Famous games include; Animal Crossing: Wild World, New Super Mario Bros, Pokemon Black/White + Black/White 2, Mario Kart DS and also Nintendogs.

Your winner is....Nintendo Wii cheer.gif The first in the Wii Series was released in 2006 and was the 7th generation for Nintendo's home consoles. The Wii is a console and remote controller type console that has a remote controller to " which can be used as a handheld pointing device and which detects movement in three dimensions". Each wii console allowed you to create your own virtual profile/character aka a Mii. Just like the DS, this has a lot of memories for me as there was a tone of games I used to play on this such as Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Mario Strikers Charged and Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. It really is a great winner, in fact, any of the top 2 deserved it imo.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 7th February 2018, 07:11 AM
Post #27
Group icon

Fabulous top 2 - two consoles I've played A LOT! Thanks for doing this Haz biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 7th February 2018, 02:19 PM
Post #28
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

The Wii is definitely the console other than my PC on which I've spent the most time and it was a fabulous console, excellent winner. So many good memories of playing Mario Kart on there as well as Olympic Mario/Sonics, Wii Sports + Resort, stuff like that. I think it'd take a pretty special console to capture my interest like that again.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 8th February 2018, 01:29 AM
Post #29
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Well GBA & GameCube got knocked out right after I hyped them both up laugh.gif Wii is a deserving winner and the DS would’ve been just as good wub.gif Brilliant Top 4, thanks for hosting Harry!!

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 8th February 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

Highest Scorers: 11 (Cmqnerqn)

Who

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 8th February 2018, 11:44 PM
Post #31
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Feb 8 2018, 07:57 PM) *
Highest Scorers: 11 (Cmqnerqn)

Who

Oops will correct that spelling error kink.gif

+Quote this post
777666jason
post 13th May 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,687

Interesting results surprised GameCube is above the snes and n64 but the has Nintendo every released a bad console (ok virtual boy maybe flopped but I never got to play one so I can't count it) the Wii u is a misunderstood family member possibly because name was too similar to Wii

I owned all of these at some stage and all have at least a handful of games I'd play over and over hopefully when Nintendo realise on mobile it doesn't start to kill off it's consoles

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:26 PM