BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Charli XCX Continues To Stan For Britney.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tyler
post Oct 7 2014, 02:52 AM
Post #1
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Group: Members
Member No.: 67

Charli XCX continues to flawlessly stan for Britney Spears.

Sure, the "Break The Rules" singer has a flawless new song out called "London Queen," but more importantly she's talking about Brit Brit.

In an interview with Cosmopolitan, Charli says she doesn't see pop music as a guilty pleasure, and lists Britney as some of her favorite music of all time:

"I don't feel embarrassed by any of the music that I like. I think it's all genuinely clever, good music. And when I say that about Britney Spears, some people are like, "What? Are you serious?" Have you heard her albums? They're so intelligent. The way her songs are crafted is really amazing. I think that music is really interesting and clever."

Which era of Britney do you like the best?
"Definitely 'Blackout.' It got a bit darker ... "Gimme More" and "Piece of Me" are two of my favorite songs of all time. They're genius. "...Baby One More Time" is amazing, but that sounds like the '90s. "Piece of Me" sounds like it could come out now, or in 10 years' time, and still feel ahead of its time. I love that "…Baby One More Time" video, to be honest; it's amazing. And I also love the recent video, "Work Bitch." When she's standing on the podium with the fake sharks going around her, that's my favorite bit."

... I'd grown up on a diet of Britney Spears and the Spice Girls, and was obsessed with the idea of pop stars.
YAAAAS get that "Blackout" promo!

Flawless taste.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 8 2014, 02:12 AM
Post #2
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

It's actually a real nice breath of fresh air to see another artist actually idolise her idols for what they are and not who they were/referring to past glory et al. The way she speaks about Britney and just her love for pop music in general is really admirable and lovely to see!

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Oct 10 2014, 01:36 AM
Post #3
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

She's always came across as one of the most genuine and personable artists in the music business from everything I've seen. cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:40 AM