BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Huntsman: Winter's War, April 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Nov 19 2015, 10:23 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

The trailer looks like more of the live-action fairytale fun we've come to love. Loving the addition of Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain, the former especially looks like a very cold Ice Queen. Glad they've gone for a prequel too so they can bring back Charlize Theron, the big highlight of the first movie. More Chris Hemsworth too so yay.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post Nov 19 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Winter is coming *.*

Oh, hang on a minute....

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 19 2015, 11:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I didn't see the first one and didn't think I'd have any interest in this but it looks amazing and I adore Emily Blunt & Jessica Chastain so I'll definitely check this out heart.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 4 2016, 08:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Ah, I absolutely loved this. Really campy and silly but it was incredibly fun to watch. A great mixture of humour (Chris Hemsworth's cheeky chappy humour really works well and the dwarves had some good lines too) and special effects fight scenes (the whole final fight was so satisfying to watch, loved the ice powers especially but seeing Ravenna come out of the mirror was a great moment too). The two main new characters were both great, Emily Bount especially who was a menacing villain and her powers were visualised really well. Charlize of course brought it too, a wickedly evil character in the last movie and that was certainly maintain in this, love her outfits too laugh.gif I mean I know this isn't one of the best movies ever made or anything but I'd rank it as my 2nd favourite of 2016 because it was just so much fun biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Apr 4 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Kinda wanna see this for Jessica, who never does a dud role. Chris being a muscle bound warrior type again is getting predictable but always enjoyable.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Apr 4 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
It's another one of those pointless sequels for me. Did the first one even do that well / was well liked?!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 4 2016, 10:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I think I have finally successfully convinced a couple of my friends to see this with me at last *.* Pretty much just seeing this for the triple combo of Blunt/Chastain/Theron wub.gif

QUOTE(Jack @ Apr 4 2016, 10:38 PM) *
It's another one of those pointless sequels for me. Did the first one even do that well / was well liked?!

Did quite well box office wise but wasn't very well liked if I remember correctly!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 26 2016, 09:21 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
great cast gives it 2 of the 5/10 rating. It's OK, rambles a bit plotwise, could do with better pacing, and it's not just a prequel it's also a sequel. Has it's moments though and Charlize out bitches a host of bitches.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:59 PM