BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Crimson Peak, Guillermo del Toro | Mia Wasikowska & Tom Hiddleston
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Feb 14 2015, 12:48 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
I just watched the official trailer and it seems very intriguing to me. "Crimson Peak" is a supernatural fantasy mystery horror thriller film. Guillermo del Toro is the director of the movie. "Pan's Labyrinth" was a great film (I highly recommend it) and I guess that "Crimson Peak" will be quite good too. Mia Wasikowska is the leading actress, Tom Hiddleston is the leading actor actor while Jessica Chastain and Charlie Hunnam have supporting roles. The film would be released on October 16, 2015!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post Feb 14 2015, 03:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675
Prepared for Jessica Chastain to slay me again *_*

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Feb 19 2015, 02:37 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
verrrrry excited about this!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Oct 21 2015, 09:10 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
This was very bizarre! laugh.gif

It was sort of a horror mixed with romance. I have to admit that despite that wacky ending it was extremely entertaining, but in a funny way rather than scary. The actress who plays Tom Hiddleston's sister was amazing. So creepy and played the part perfectly.

Overall I think I enjoyed it for the wrong reasons, but it was definitely worth watching.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Apr 26 2016, 08:51 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Crimson Peak" is a metaphysical thriller that was released in my country at the end of October. I had seen its official trailer many months ago, which piqued my curiosity. We rarely watch period films with a strong element of horror in cinema and "Crimson Peak" seemed to combine it perfectly. However, I did not know anything about the script of the movie so I did several speculations during the plot. I believe that it’s better not to read the case before you go see it so that there is more mystery and suspense while you watch it.
"Crimson Peak" was not very scary although it contained some sudden and violent scenes. However, it was a dark story with evocative atmosphere, impressive scenery and loud sound effects. The Mexican director Guillermo del Toro did an incredible job on the piece of filmmaking as he undertook the script of the film along with Matthew Robbins. Additionally, he participated in the production, something that shows that he devoted much time and money in this endeavor. Having seen "Pan's Labyrinth" on the big screen ten years ago, I can say that del Toro excels at stories that balance between the imaginary and the real, and this certainly happened in "Crimson Peak" too! The man has talent and he is one of the few Latin American directors that have unlimited creativity and imagination. In addition, the three main actors were very good, with Jessica Chastain as the top of these performances. Also, the dialogues of the film were clever and well written. The script was not in any way predictable and while the plot was evolving, it became increasingly subversive. The film also had a magnificent photography, very bright colors and fabulous period costumes! I believe that it should have been nominated in some categories of Oscars.
"Crimson Peak" was one of the most remarkable productions of last year! It is based on an interesting and original script idea and the director made sure to invest in imaginative scenes. Despite this, its earnings were not as expected on both sides of the Atlantic after making very modest numbers. However, in my country, it hit the second place in the box office. It had satisfactory revenues in the first three days of its release and it was one of the most successful movies of last autumn given its total tickets. I strongly believe that this movie deserves public attention because it contains all the elements that make cinema exciting!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:32 AM