BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dancing On Ice, Back in January 2018
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 7th January 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #61
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Poor Candice, I don't think she was THAT bad, but I knew she'd be in danger of the skate off before this even started because people just don't seem to like her sad.gif Her and Stephanie are my two fave celebs from the whole line-up yet I'd have said Stephanie or Antony for skate off based on the routine. I think Candice had it harder with a slow routine,you have to think about all the grace and poise a bit more whereas I feel like on both this and Strictly it's a bit easier to cover it up with some energy. She shold have gotten more than 13 anyway. Perri was the best for me alongside Jake. Kem was better than I expected, I thought he'd get like 10 yet the Love Island hype would see him through for weeks, but I can't be bothered with how thick he is, it's not amusing at all...

The show itself was ok, didn't drag as much as I thought it might but it didn't feel hugely exciting. I guess it never did though, it's just nice to have some light nice Sunday viewing that always conincides with having your tea and just wanting to sit and watch TV of an evening. It just felt a tad cold compared to how it used to, Torville and Dean seem like such awful judges, I'll let them settle in a bit but they seemed so bland and pointless, and suited coaching better. They seemed to have very little to say about anything despite being by far the most qualified to do so, Ashley Banjo wasn't much better either. I miss the snarky digs between Jason and Karen laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th January 2018, 04:38 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

7.5 million viewers, christ I'm shocked it was that high!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 8th January 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Strong viewers, it will be interesting to see how much of these viewers they can sustain.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th January 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #64
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

The commentator has quit after just one show laugh.gif Apparently he "couldn't make it work with his diary" but it probably has something to do with the fact that many fans thought he was a huge reason why the show felt a bit off laugh.gif

+Quote this post
jakee
post 11th January 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #65
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

thank f*** for that

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 11th January 2018, 07:21 PM
Post #66
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jan 11 2018, 06:04 PM) *
The commentator has quit after just one show laugh.gif Apparently he "couldn't make it work with his diary" but it probably has something to do with the fact that many fans thought he was a huge reason why the show felt a bit off laugh.gif

I did warn you all about him. He really is like that all the time, off putting for the racing viewer.

Who would you get to replace him?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #67
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Ridiculous first elimination, even Torville and Dean said that Candice had a better skate off despite voting her off... What's the point of performing again as the bottom 2 when you're just gonna overlook it? Christ they are awful judges.

Max was brilliant, really liked Donna and Alex too. Disappointed in Brooke but I think she's likable and known enough to get through a couple of times til she improves.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 14th January 2018, 08:20 PM
Post #68
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

I like Dean but Torvill has been really disappointing sad.gif

The right decision tbh, Lemar had a much harder job having had literally a few minutes to be able to focus on the skate off while Candice a whole week (they should've just done their earlier routines) but even beyond that he skated much better and wasn't just dragged about.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 21st January 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

Poor Steph!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st January 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #70
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

I thought last week was right but that was just ridiculous :/ Stephanie shouldn't have been there at all (bloody Anthony :')) after improving so much but in the skate off he stumbled badly and STILL got through, I think they should just put it to the public vote instead of having a head judge. Jayne and Chris gave the same scores for almost everything as well laugh.gif

He did the same skate off routine as last week as well so that gives him an edge already :/

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st January 2018, 11:03 PM
Post #71
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Yeah this is just cementing that T&D don't work as judges. I get that they are looking at the ice skating side and Ashley and Jason are the performance side but I'm fed up of hearing about "moving over the ice", i know it's ice skating and that's important but there is NOTHING entertaining in people skating across the rink. I think it was better than they were choreographers because the routines had a bit more to them, with the pros choreographing it feels much more limp. You can see the technical improvement in a lot of them but the majority feel so limp and passionless however good they are at skating from one spot to the other or whatever.

I'm not saying that Steph and Candice were Hayley Tammadon level queens of the ice but they both improved a lot (Candice from first week to skate off and Steph from first week to this week) and seemed ready and willing to do whatever to work on what the judges had said. Lemar did the SAME routine as last week, and was still worse than Steph. The fact Torville and Dean both said Candice had a better skate-ff routine last week but still voted her off, and this time they saved Lemar who stumbled makes a mockery of even having a skate-off. As they do stringently on Strictly, it should come down to the skate-off alone, if they've essentially made their mind up without the skate-off routine, why bother even having that chance to save yourself?

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 22nd January 2018, 06:49 AM
Post #72
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Lemar for sure should have gone this week he stumbled a lot in the skate off.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 22nd January 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

T&D have the charisma of a banana drama.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th January 2018, 03:04 AM
Post #74
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

This is an absolute joke now, Lemar skating the same Grenade routine AGAIN rotf.gif f*** me, no wonder he beat Perri there, feels like he's done it more times than Torville & Dean have done Bolero laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 29th January 2018, 08:19 PM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Yeah I'm giving up on this. It's like watching paint dry at times laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 29th January 2018, 08:41 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

Apparently they all only have one save me skate and they add more to it each week (or time they are in the bottom).

I’m over it.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 11th March 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

Jake better pull thruuu

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th March 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #78
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Jake won in week 1, which is part of why this series was a bit limp laugh.gif It's been so obvious the whole time.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 11th March 2018, 08:40 PM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I have enjoyed the series and am delighted for Jake.

Was a bit disappointed there was no scoring tonight but bar that i enjoyed it and the right person won.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 11th March 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #80
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Jake has been the highlight every time I have tuned in so a worthy winner for sure!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:15 AM