BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Delta Goodrem - The River, 5th single | from Wings of the Wild
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Sep 22 2016, 10:49 AM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Thought this should have its own thread now it's been uploaded to YouTube with artwork! Music video coming soon too, Delta's been teasing it on Twitter biggrin.gif

Really into this at the moment, hopefully another decent sized hit for her in Australia!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Sep 22 2016, 12:29 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
The artwork is very Enya!

The song is anthemic but still a long way behind Wings and Enough for me, it feels less unique than those two, though that might work in her favour in terms of radio support.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Sep 22 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #3
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
One of her worst single choices. It will do nothing (not that a better song would).

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Sep 22 2016, 05:07 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Such a poor singles choice. There are so many better songs on the album.

+Quote this post
The Controller
post Sep 22 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #5
Group icon
The Controller
User: 445
Delta Goodrem’s steamy new music video The River features her first kissing scene in 15 years

IT has taken 15 years for Delta Goodrem to have her second kissing scene in a music video.

Goodrem’s last love interest in a music video was in her very first single I Don’t Care back in 2001.

Her brand new clip The River is a surprisingly steamy affair, with heated kisses in a seedy motel.

“At lot of my lyrics haven’t been about relationships, but The River is about a volatile relationship and getting rid of that person and having a second chance,” Goodrem said.

“So it gave me the opportunity to tell the story with a love interest in the video for the first time since I was 15.

“It was a great day at work,” she laughed. “No one was complaining.”

The clip, released today, was filmed in Sydney earlier this month straight after Goodrem wrapped her work in the next series of Channel 9’s House Husbands.

It shows Goodrem act out the swamp-blues inspired song’s dark lyrics about getting revenge on cheating lover (played by model Jai Stevens).

“My acting muscle memory from House Husbands meant I could go straight into that performance," Goodrem said. “I was responding to the lyrics, it was like a script. I was in character, telling the story of the song.

“Hopefully by now I can kiss someone in a video and we’re all OK with it! I’m mindful I have young fans but they also know I’m a woman and have a whole life outside my job.”

Goodrem says the lyrics were personal, but not about a specific event.

“I like leaving some mystery there,” she said.

The 31 year old has found her new policy of not discussing her personal life “freeing”.

“Being longer in the game I just know what I’m cool with and what I’m not. And people are respecting that. It feels better than ever, people are listening to my music and not associating it with other stuff.”

The River is Goodrem’s least Delta-like single to date. Co-written with Dave Hodges (Evanescence), it has a driving swamp-blues feel — musical territory Beyonce also touched on with this year’s Daddy Lessons.

The track has been remixed for single release (“we’ve mixed the choir up so they sound even bigger”) and will also be her next release in the UK and European market.

It follows Enough, a collaboration with rapper Gizzle, as another single that may be seen as unexpected.

“It was actually my mum’s favourite song,” Goodrem said of The River.

“She always wanted it to be a single. I’m really excited about all the creative visuals I’ve been able to do, they’re quite dark. I’m looking at The River like it’s a painting, like it’s a piece of art. I’m enjoying expressing the visuals more than I ever have

“It’s been the year of variety, starting with Cats, walking straight off the theatre stage and straight into doing The Voice. Being a mentor and at the same time being the artist and having my own music. Having the album (Wings of the Wild) out, walking into House Husbands at the same time as creating an arena tour.

“So I figured I may as well put some variety into the choice of singles as well. That was a conscious decision. Two years ago I thought ‘I just want to do a lot of different things’. I feel like I’m at a place in my career where I’m allowed to do that. I think the listeners who have taken me into their homes want me to show the different sides they know I have. The River is quite playful and cheeky.”

Goodrem is now throwing herself into intense rehearsals for her arena tour which will showcase this year’s No. 1 album Wings of the Wild.

“There’s new songs in the show but I’d never not play the hits,” Goodrem said.

“The hardest part is trying to fit all the songs into the setlist. It’ll probably be a two hour show, depending on how much I talk! I want to make sure every moment of the show is exciting.”

One lock in the setlist is Memory, the dramatic money shot from Cats.

“I’ve been working out the perfect moment of stillness for it in the setlist. I’m so happy to have done Cats to be able to sing Memory, I’ll sing it anywhere I can!”

While some artists focus on the negative aspects of social media, Goodrem is embracing the positive — direct contact to pick fan’s brains about what they want to see in her tour.

“I welcome it,” she said. “I want to know what they want to see, they’re the ones buying the tickets. It’s been very interactive. The positive of being able to connect so easily means you get direct inspiration. That’s what I focus on. I don’t even see any negative. I feel people see that my intention has always been to make music and tell stories, lift people up. There’s no other agenda.”

Goodrem will host this Sunday’s Slimefest from Melbourne’s Margaret Court Arena — she’ll also perform several songs with her band.

“No doubt some of the kids will try and get me slimed, but I’m the host so I’m in charge of the sliming for the day.”

The singer is also enjoying a new role — Aunty Delta.

Her brother Trent and his wife Carly welcomed son Nate this year.

“My brother getting married and having a baby is just one of the most special things in my entire life,” she said. “I keep checking in with him for when he’s coming to Sydney and when I can get to Adelaide. My heart draws to where he and little Nate and Carly are.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainmen...819f339693cefdd

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Sep 22 2016, 08:07 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
Love this wub.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 23 2016, 05:41 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
OMG I just about had a stroke at reading it was the single for the UK/European market. If she comes over here again I will be there.

Love the artwork. I'm excited for the video, it's one of my favourites on the album

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Sep 23 2016, 10:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I don't really approve of this choice. sad.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Sep 24 2016, 12:19 AM
Post #9
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Signed CDs available here http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2319643

1. The River (Miles Walker Mix)
2. You & You Alone

YAAAY at You & You Alone getting a release! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Sep 24 2016, 10:39 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Hello?
Ooh I'm interested to hear the single mix and yassss at You & You Alone, was upset it didn't make it onto Wings of the Wild.

+Quote this post
The Controller
post Sep 24 2016, 10:56 AM
Post #11
Group icon
The Controller
Video! https://www.facebook.com/DeltaGoodremMusic/...54548352755842/

Behind the scenes: http://video.news.com.au/v/517142/Behind-t...drems-new-video

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Sep 24 2016, 11:13 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Hello?
Great video, though I can't hear much in the way of change in the single mix to the album version. I have just pre-ordered the single from Sanity, can't wait, shame there wasn't a CD single for Enough.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post Sep 25 2016, 05:44 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822
I am not sure why she/her record company chose this. It makes no sense.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Sep 25 2016, 01:46 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Nice to get a physical CD with a b side for a change. Makes it worth buying even though the river is a very poor choice of single.

+Quote this post
bluesunstorm
post Sep 25 2016, 08:08 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 22,132
QUOTE(Red Blooded Man @ Sep 24 2016, 10:44 PM) *
I am not sure why she/her record company chose this. It makes no sense.

It's one of the best songs on the album though. It's my personal favorite, along with "Wings" and "Hold On", I'm glad they chose it. I think about any song on the album would make a great single though.

This post has been edited by bluesunstorm: Sep 25 2016, 08:09 PM

+Quote this post
LB1108
post Sep 26 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 21,315
A new(?) song of hers called White Light appears to have leaked and it is simply *_*

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Sep 26 2016, 10:42 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Hello?
Ooh White Light is stunning, so anthemic and energetic.

Probably written for Delta as her voice doesn't sound as rich as it is now and the track was co-written with Brian McFadden according to ASCAP laugh.gif

+Quote this post
The Controller
post Sep 26 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #18
Group icon
The Controller

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 26 2016, 10:37 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
She really is incredible live

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Sep 28 2016, 10:58 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Hello?
The CD single release has been pushed back a week to Oct 7th (for anybody that's pre-ordered from Sanity).

This post has been edited by gooddelta: Sep 28 2016, 10:58 AM

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:01 PM