BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls • Rarities and Demos Lists, What we have and what we know exists
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Piers
post 27th November 2020, 04:01 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

QUOTE(KM AIR @ Nov 27 2020, 12:34 AM) *
Ohhh...do tell! which pop acts besides Geri? blink.gif

So. With Mel C, a lot of it's targeted at Steps. Said they're not artists and musicians and don't belong in the same category as her...and thinks it's disgusting they, A1, and Westlife can get to #1. There's a lot about Geri. Doesn't like her hair. Doesn't like her music. Says she has bad breath. She goes after all the acts lip-syncing at Party in the Park (which is a bit odd...cause Victoria was lip-synching there that year). Calls Westlife a desperate band ripping off kids, and they make her sick (...these guys might deserve it, but I don't actually know if it was Mel C or Westlife who cast the first stone here). Says Girl Thing's management is ripping off the Spice Girls. Says Robbie Williams isn't any good in bed (lol)

With Victoria...she talks about Geri quite a lot...but the gist is...she doesn't like her music, finds her desperate, and thinks her leaving didn't effect the group. Calls Naomi Campbell a bitch and a massive cow. Calls some TV show host (Rory McGrath?) an ugly bast*rd. Calls Robbie Williams desperate for the Rock DJ video. Calls Westlife boring. There's a bit of a spat with Sophie Ellis-Bextor...but it seems Sophie was the nastier of the two.

That's what I remember off the top of my head. And that's only 2000. I thought I remembered Melanie C mostly getting nasty to other acts with the Reason era. But. There ya go. It truly was a different time. I think the Twitter era has dialed back some of the outwards feuding. It still happens, but I'm not sure people are quite so...frequently honest?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 27th November 2020, 04:14 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 27 2020, 01:24 PM) *
Actually now that you mention it, Mel C has even more recently consistently been awful about other female acts like Girls Aloud, Little Mix, Rihanna, etc.

And she has always done it about the same thing: women being extravagant/sexual. Hopefully this new found 'freedom' and take on equality does bring her some light on this as it is a shame that she spent most of her career advocating for women's rights whilst simultaneous shitting on other female acts...

She does do come around though, and has made peace and friends with Little Mix for instance...

To be fair her comments on Little Mix and Rihanna and even Girls Aloud were hardly her being awful. With Little Mix and Rihanna all she said was that she thinks they are fantastic artists and so talented but that she finds Little Mix's new look overtly sexual for her young daughter... which is a very fair comment to make. Similar to Rihanna she said that she finds it a bit too much sometimes which I do too tbh. While I would never say Rihanna should censor herself, if she and Little Mix choose to dress or dance or portray themselves in certain ways then others are perfectly entitled to find it tacky. That Perri costume in Touch was just ridiculous she looked like she had no clothes on and I wouldn't want my 10 year old daughter watching it, and I certainly wouldn't let my young children anywhere near Rihanna. Mel then went on to say in another interview that she was reminded that Spice Girls Say you'll be there video literally had some members wearing costumes from a sex shop (Geri and Victoria) so perhaps she should shut the hell up laugh.gif

The Girls Aloud stuff was blown out of proportion and the comments were mainly off the back of Louis Walsh saying that Girls Aloud were bigger/better/more talented/had more personality than the Spice Girls during the CD:UK interview and Mel basically said "when they have 9 UK #1s come back to me." I also saw nothing wrong with her Westlife commentary on the song in that interview she said they were talented young lads but the constant cover ballad after cover ballad was boring.

I will say however she was quite vicious in 2000 towards pop acts like Steps and Geri and just rude tbh.

This post has been edited by spiceboy: 27th November 2020, 04:20 PM

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 30th November 2020, 12:59 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700

I can't believe certain fans are still holding onto the Touch songs. So ridiculous. I want to hear Melody of Life in full so bad.

+Quote this post
dachiki
post 30th November 2020, 11:13 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 78,056

And "Sugar And Spice" too sad.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 30th November 2020, 11:42 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(Sideout @ Nov 30 2020, 12:59 AM) *
I can't believe certain fans are still holding onto the Touch songs. So ridiculous. I want to hear Melody of Life in full so bad.

Really, honestly never understood this other than some fans want to make money out of them. Idiots.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 30th November 2020, 11:44 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Nov 27 2020, 04:14 PM) *
To be fair her comments on Little Mix and Rihanna and even Girls Aloud were hardly her being awful. With Little Mix and Rihanna all she said was that she thinks they are fantastic artists and so talented but that she finds Little Mix's new look overtly sexual for her young daughter... which is a very fair comment to make. Similar to Rihanna she said that she finds it a bit too much sometimes which I do too tbh. While I would never say Rihanna should censor herself, if she and Little Mix choose to dress or dance or portray themselves in certain ways then others are perfectly entitled to find it tacky. That Perri costume in Touch was just ridiculous she looked like she had no clothes on and I wouldn't want my 10 year old daughter watching it, and I certainly wouldn't let my young children anywhere near Rihanna. Mel then went on to say in another interview that she was reminded that Spice Girls Say you'll be there video literally had some members wearing costumes from a sex shop (Geri and Victoria) so perhaps she should shut the hell up laugh.gif

The Girls Aloud stuff was blown out of proportion and the comments were mainly off the back of Louis Walsh saying that Girls Aloud were bigger/better/more talented/had more personality than the Spice Girls during the CD:UK interview and Mel basically said "when they have 9 UK #1s come back to me." I also saw nothing wrong with her Westlife commentary on the song in that interview she said they were talented young lads but the constant cover ballad after cover ballad was boring.

I will say however she was quite vicious in 2000 towards pop acts like Steps and Geri and just rude tbh.

I think she was unintentionally being awful, without knowing that her comments were pretty sexist and slutshaming. She used the same type of comments for Girls Aloud and LIttle Mix didnt she? About the type of costumes they were wearing and how they were too sexual.

That is such a shame cos the Spice Girls did all of that too back in the day, and back then it was MUCH more conservative time which The Spice Girls themselves faught against.

Im glad she has come around at least with Little Mix though.

About Steps and Geri - yeah she was mean but at least then she had a point teresa.gif

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 30th November 2020, 04:31 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 30 2020, 04:42 AM) *
Really, honestly never understood this other than some fans want to make money out of them. Idiots.

It's funny how all those campaigns Agent Spice did contained an unreleased Touch song. Obviously, certain fans have them, but they want to make money off of them.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 30th November 2020, 06:11 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sideout @ Nov 30 2020, 04:31 PM) *
It's funny how all those campaigns Agent Spice did contained an unreleased Touch song. Obviously, certain fans have them, but they want to make money off of them.

Oh whatever happened to those campaigns?! Yeah I participated in a few but then stopped cos its pretty disgusting that fans keep profiting like this. Sad, disgusting behaviour really and I wish they get over their shit

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 30th November 2020, 06:21 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 30 2020, 11:11 AM) *
Oh whatever happened to those campaigns?! Yeah I participated in a few but then stopped cos its pretty disgusting that fans keep profiting like this. Sad, disgusting behaviour really and I wish they get over their shit

He still does one on Spice Circle occasionally. He started to get mad because people were leaking the Touch tracks. Someone also leaked the Damon Dash Victoria tracks days after that campaign ended. So basically everyone paid a whole bunch of money for nothing.

Agent Spice also started a campaign for the 4 Eliot Kennedy Forever tracks for thousands of dollars. Thankfully Ken Adams leaked them so Agent Spice and his "secret donator" didn't get any money.

+Quote this post
dachiki
post 30th November 2020, 07:06 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

there was a campaign a few years ago of a Victoria Beckham song produced by Gary Barlow.

+Quote this post
dachiki
post 30th November 2020, 07:07 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

this song did not leak on the net

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 30th November 2020, 08:20 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(dachiki @ Nov 30 2020, 12:06 PM) *
there was a campaign a few years ago of a Victoria Beckham song produced by Gary Barlow.

That's cool. Do you remember the name of the song? I've always wanted to hear the tracks she did with Barlow and Eliot Kennedy.

+Quote this post
dachiki
post 30th November 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

Whatever You Want

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 30th November 2020, 09:04 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

Thanks.

+Quote this post
dachiki
post 30th November 2020, 09:21 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

I did not participate in this campaign because the sound of the extract of the song was bad. The participation was 10 € and possibility of having 2 other titles of the same session if the first song does not leak on the net because the producer risks legal action.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 30th November 2020, 09:21 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 30 2020, 11:44 AM) *
I think she was unintentionally being awful, without knowing that her comments were pretty sexist and slutshaming. She used the same type of comments for Girls Aloud and LIttle Mix didnt she? About the type of costumes they were wearing and how they were too sexual.

That is such a shame cos the Spice Girls did all of that too back in the day, and back then it was MUCH more conservative time which The Spice Girls themselves faught against.

Im glad she has come around at least with Little Mix though.

About Steps and Geri - yeah she was mean but at least then she had a point teresa.gif

I don't think she ever said anything about Girls Aloud being too sexual. To be fair as well Melanie has always said they should be free to express themselves how they wish, but when Little Mix are targeting young girls as their fanbase they have a responsibility towards those young children. The touch video with Perri looking naked in it and the dancing well it's a valid point and it's clearly very influenced by her outlook on it as a mother. I'm a primary school teacher and many years ago I remember hearing/seeing young girls in the playground singing S&M and gyrating and it was awful and that's when my opinion changed about how popstars express themselves. Young children shouldn't be subjected to such sexual language or imagery at such a young age and popstars targeted at those young children should think about that a bit more before exposing them to that content.

I say all this as a fan of Little Mix too, I think they have great songs and are so talented one of the best girl bands there's been.

This post has been edited by spiceboy: 30th November 2020, 09:24 PM

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 30th November 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(dachiki @ Nov 30 2020, 02:21 PM) *
I did not participate in this campaign because the sound of the extract of the song was bad. The participation was 10 € and possibility of having 2 other titles of the same session if the first song does not leak on the net because the producer risks legal action.

Interesting. Weird a producer would endanger their career in order to sell old Victoria songs.

+Quote this post
dachiki
post 30th November 2020, 09:51 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

Here the message by mail:

Hi!

I'm writing you because you participated in the Victoria Beckham Damon Dash album campaign and wanted to extend an offer to you to participate in a campaign to acquire an unreleased Victoria Beckham track. Please keep this information and campaign to yourself and do not post about it publicly because there is at least one other Victoria Beckham track from this session and the seller has access to unreleased tracks by other artists and there could be more Spice-related tracks in the future.

I was approached by someone who is acting as an intermediary for the sale of a previously unreleased Victoria Beckham track. Sadly, it's a 128 kbps mp3. Because items from the last campaign leaked (and the VB Damon Dash album made the UK news), they want me to limit membership (we agreed on 20 members contributing including me). 

The cost of the track is $400 so it would be $20 each, which I realize is a lot, especially for one track and considering it's 128 kbps mp3. The intermediary doesn't want the VB track to leak because they could lose access to said source so I have to be really choosy about whom I pick. I obviously trust you and I'm not sure if you'd even want to participate.

If you decide not to participate, I completely understand (and wouldn't blame you). I'd be so grateful if you would want to contribute, but no pressure - you've already been extremely supportive with past DenDen campaigns and I would never want you to feel like I'm taking advantage. Let me know your thoughts at your convenience. Please don't repeat anything I mentioned because I don't have the track yet and I wouldn't want to do anything to derail the agreement. Thank you!

Best,

Seth

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 30th November 2020, 10:24 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

Thanks for sharing. Ridiculous selling a low quality Victoria track for $400. I can't believe people bought it.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 31st May 2021, 08:35 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

HUNS!

Shall we do a Solo Spice version of this? I only know Emma Bunton ones, so if anyone can give me a titles/lists of tracks unreleased or demos that were leaked from any solo Spices, that would be amazing!

Will update in the next few days in the meantime.

Lets do it!!

+Quote this post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:20 PM