BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee, November 16th // Nintendo Switch
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Jun 25 2018, 11:34 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
I am so stoked for this. Also yay for finally getting a gaming forum back on the site 👏

I really love how Nintendo are encouraging the Go username to buy this game and hopefully a Switch to go along with it.

Game looks fantastic and hands on impressions from E3 seem very positive.

My one gripe would be the lack of random battles since that just incorporates the go mechanic but I would love to see battles introduced for wild Pokemon based on the reaction.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JSG
post Jul 13 2018, 06:14 AM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
There's a new trailer out (it's in Japanese though) that looks fantastic.

I am so hyped for this game!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 13 2018, 07:43 AM
Post #43
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835
Omg team rocket icons *.*

+Quote this post
JSG
post Jul 13 2018, 11:07 AM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jul 13 2018, 05:07 PM
Post #45
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
English trailer:

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Jul 18 2018, 06:11 AM
Post #46
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
Well that trailer has convinced me, I'm buying a Switch tongue.gif

Also I found this amazing creation on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/8...m_polymer_clay/

This post has been edited by Dexton: Jul 18 2018, 06:11 AM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jul 18 2018, 11:09 AM
Post #47
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
The SS Anne will have an exciting journey in that version of Kanto kink.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Jul 26 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
Pre-ordered. Legit cannot wait for this!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Aug 16 2018, 02:44 PM
Post #49
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
https://www.reddit.com/r/upvoteexeggutor/

Amazing.

+Quote this post
post Sep 5 2018, 08:24 AM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I was considering getting a switch, but I don't know if I like the whole "no wild battles" thing, surely grinding , though annoying is part of the fun of these kinds of games. Is there lots of trainer battles to help you level up at least?

I want my old team of Pikachu/Raichu, Garydos, Gengar, Charizard and Ivysaur back!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 10 2018, 04:42 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I just really cannot go for how stupidly watered down and childish these games look, ik i'm not the target audience but I was holding off for Pokemon to get a Switch and really isn't the game to push me laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Oliver
post Sep 10 2018, 06:59 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367
“Splishy Splash”? “Buzzy Buzz”??? What in the world. laugh.gif They are really going to alienate the audience that got it to where it is with all the watered down, kid-esque stuff they are doing.

Even when it first came out and we were all their “target” audience at the age of 5-10, it was never this bad.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 10 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Exactly! Kids can and always have get on with the game, it's hardly Dark Souls laugh.gif I get that they are trying to grab back the more casual audience who perhaps are into Pokemon Go and I know this isn't Gen 8 but Sun and Moon was bad enough (what with it just generally being super easy other than maybe a totem battle or two if you didn't have the right starter or enough coverage on your team) and I worry that Gen 8 is going to keep going down this path.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Oct 29 2018, 06:09 PM
Post #54
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
So are people getting this? It all looks really cute but I still have my reservations + I have exams the week after it comes out so I will hold off from buying it and wait for some reviews I guess. My main concern is that it will be too easy.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 29 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I don't have a Switch but whilst I want one I'm still having 0 desire to play this sad.gif I watch a few Pokemon Youtubers so I will watch one of them play it and perhaps seeing it all properly and presented in a way that I usually enjoy might make me feel a bit warmer toward it and want to play it. It being far too easy is my main worry too, and as I said above I don't see why they have to do it, it's not the hardest game series anyway. The fun of Pokemon for me has always been just being able to pick it up and learn, like when I was a kid and playing Gen 3 for the first time (my first proper games I played of the series and then went back), I knew nothing but I soon learned, it's not really rocket science laugh.gif I'd get it if it was a really complex hardcore series that was hard to get into, but it's always been easy and there's just no need to dumb it down as much as they are. So many of us played as children and got so engrossed and learned as we went, so why is it different now? Especially nowadays when you can go online if you get stuck, but the type match-ups are easy enough and mostly logical if you think about it. I suppose not every game can be for hardcore stans but it's always been an accessible enough series without dumbing down. I love the visual style and it'll be good to see the familiar Kanto in such a new way but that's about the only thing I'm here for laugh.gif

On one hand, it is just one game I can skip but the fact it's a main series game and there's been interviews saying they are planning on maybe doing more worries me that the series is going to continue down this path, especially when Sun and Moon was bad enough for hand-holding. It might just be a personal preference but a lot of the superfan Pokemon Youtubers I watch aren't that enthused either, it's alienating a lot of hardcore fans it feels like. I do wonder whether it'll really take off with casual fans or will kind of bomb because it doesn't hook them in enough and then hardcore fans aren't so fussed either. I feel like it should be a spin-off or they could have kind of scaled it down and did a 3D paid mobile app of a Kanto adventure like this. It's so sad we could have had 3DS or Switch Gen 4 remakes and we get yet another Kanto game that's just really unappealing in how dumbed down it is drama.gif

+Quote this post
bpdbryan
post Nov 11 2018, 11:34 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,938
Looking forward to this on Friday!

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Nov 12 2018, 06:27 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Properly buzzing for this now. Tbh, I lost a bit of interest during the Sun & Moon era, but I'm really excited to get back into the games. The Detective Pikachu and Power of Us movies is helping as well.

Annoyingly I have my GCSE mocks next week, so I'm not going to let myself buy it until they're over. Because I know I'll get addicted. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Nov 13 2018, 12:35 PM
Post #58
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
Without quoting I 100% agree with everything you said Liam laugh.gif If I do eventually get a Switch I will probably get this if just for the experience of playing a Pokémon game on a TV (GameCube nostalgia right there).

A Gen 4 remake would be brilliant. Gen 3/4 were my prime Pokémon generations and I couldnt say how many times I’ve played through each of them I was incredibly hooked. If they were to release a Sinnoh game that isn’t dumbed down for younger audiences to easily pick up & beat the game like the past few games have been I would INSTANTLY buy a Switch and find somewhere in the house for it. I kind of see why they wouldn’t release it for 3DS since there isn’t really a need logistically as far as I can tell but at the same time it’s not like everyone who has a 3DS is converting to Switch like they did with the previous DS versions. Tbh I’d buy Sinnoh for either platform so long as it wasn’t Pokémon Go style

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Nov 13 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Apparently next year will be the first 'proper' Pokemon games on Switch, so it'll be at least 2 more years before Sinnoh remakes.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Nov 14 2018, 12:38 AM
Post #60
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(DexTheHalls @ Nov 13 2018, 12:35 PM) *
Without quoting I 100% agree with everything you said Liam laugh.gif If I do eventually get a Switch I will probably get this if just for the experience of playing a Pokémon game on a TV (GameCube nostalgia right there).

A Gen 4 remake would be brilliant. Gen 3/4 were my prime Pokémon generations and I couldnt say how many times I’ve played through each of them I was incredibly hooked. If they were to release a Sinnoh game that isn’t dumbed down for younger audiences to easily pick up & beat the game like the past few games have been I would INSTANTLY buy a Switch and find somewhere in the house for it. I kind of see why they wouldn’t release it for 3DS since there isn’t really a need logistically as far as I can tell but at the same time it’s not like everyone who has a 3DS is converting to Switch like they did with the previous DS versions. Tbh I’d buy Sinnoh for either platform so long as it wasn’t Pokémon Go style

Yeah that's legit the only reason I would be interesting, just the thought of playing it in that way, but the more info comes out (I've been peeping datamine videos), the more I actually despise this game laugh.gif Like I said, I'll just skip it and wait for the next games, not every game is gonna be for me and you don't have to be a superfan to enjoy Pokemon, but I'm just worried if this takes off they'll move more towards this for the main series, particularly with this being referred to as a main game. That or they'll stop "actual" remakes and peddle this shit every couple of years, I'm cringing even thinking of them ruining Sinnoh like this sad.gif

It's just far far too much for me, for example, they've removed LOADS of moves, for example there's no Stone Edge, just Rock Slide, no Leaf Blade, just Power Whip, so it seems to be slimming down what there is to learn (a lot of meta moves like entry hazards, weather and most recovery moves are all gone too bu I never use those anyway). How thick do they think people are? laugh.gif I picked up gen 3 when I was like 8 and learned it all, I know there's 4 more generations since then, but it's really not rocket science, especially at the level of (or lack of) difficulty SM/USUM had.

(sozzzz guys I'm so negative in this thread it's just gutting when your fave game series is potentially being flushed to absolute shit)

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:12 PM