BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kacy Hill - BLOO, debut EP ~ and absolutely spectacular
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Jan 10 2015, 03:17 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Kacy Hill is a little known US artist (first brought to my attention by Bré) who has recently signed to Kanye West's record label and is becoming a protogee of sorts for him. The only song i can find to her name is the absolutely incredible 'Experience' which, if anything to go by, makes me so excited for her future.

The song is a few months old now, but it went by largely undetected until her recent exposure around joining G.O.O.D and it's well worth a listen <3
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jan 10 2015, 07:22 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I absolutely love this song, really looking forward to any more material she puts out (potentially could be on Kanye's album what with the GOOD Music signing?)

+Quote this post
Davidson
post Jan 11 2015, 04:36 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
Wow. That really is lovely. Good to see Kanye being the first to support someone so based in the alternative R&B trend. Can't wait to hear more.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 11 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I would be very excited for a potential collab on the horizon. She has only one song but already seems to be brimming with personality and ideas. The alternative R&B trend you mention could take off with people like FKA and hopefully Kacy frontlining it!

(random aside: have you ever considered joining BJSC Davidson? kink.gif)

+Quote this post
Davidson
post Jan 12 2015, 03:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jan 11 2015, 10:56 PM) *
(random aside: have you ever considered joining BJSC Davidson? kink.gif)

I know this may sound ignorant and be the equivalent to blasphemy around here but I have never really looked into it properly. I have ventured into the forum once or twice but couldn't find any kind of clear simple rules of instructions on how it works/how to get involved. It looked too complex and established and I think I ran off scared laugh.gif...

+Quote this post
Math!
post Jan 12 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #6
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852
Davidson should join, you would be a great addition! It is a lot simpler then it looks. Very happy you entered this to BJSC as it is VERY good (right on par with your usual flawless taste)

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 12 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Another fan cheer.gif

And yes, Davidson it's really simple in reality but disguised with an overly complex set of procedures. Just choose a song, send it, listen to the rest and then vote for your favourites tongue.gif brilliant way to discover new music and everyone's really helpful too so definitely consider it! (we need a few more "urbanites" in there~)

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Aug 28 2015, 12:34 PM
Post #8
Group icon

The follow up to 'Experience' is 'Foreign Fields':

https://vimeo.com/137258166

In an interview she says:

"It’s much more cinematic and structured than 'Experience', inspired by 90s alternative and classic pop songs that I grew up loving," she says. "I’m working a lot with Oskar Engström on the album and we found a sweet spot in classic pop and 'cool' music that we’re trying to perfect."

The way she is going, this album / her future is going to be incredible.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 10 2015, 05:37 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Kacy's debut EP is called 'BLOO'. Released October 9th (and going to be AMAZING i can already assume).

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 10 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
'Foreign Fields' is great, v James Blake ~ Yay for her finally releasing some more musique.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 18 2015, 12:41 PM
Post #11
Group icon
This is a truly stunning piece of work. Upsetting that so many people that would love it, would probably just ignore or miss it. Urge you to listen to it even if you're only very slighted intrigued. Wow.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 18 2015, 04:57 PM
Post #12
Group icon
You can listen to it all here/on Youtube - please do!!: http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2015/10/stream...-d-music-today/

'Arm's Length' is AMAZING and i might even prefer it to 'Foreign Fields' already :'(

wub.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 19 2015, 06:41 PM
Post #13
Group icon
OK i think 'Shades of Blue' might be even more spectacular than those two now cry.gif

That chorus just EXPLODES. (and that's the entire EP posted now ;o no excuses for not listening)

wub.gif wub.gif

Help.

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post Oct 20 2015, 12:23 AM
Post #14
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860
QUOTE(HausEveryWeekend @ Oct 18 2015, 01:41 PM) *
Urge you to listen to it even if you're only very slighted intrigued.

Well your incessant looning (rolleyes.gif) in here managed to persuade me, and I'm very glad for it!

I remember 'Experience' took several listens to really click with me (being a bit overly ~alt~ and falsetto-y to make a great initial impression) so it's interesting that the EP takes a more "cinematic and structured" route as she says, because all three newer tracks sound superb on first listen. I think it's the various dimensions to/effects on her vocals that's making her stand out from the standard pop/R&B/indie blog-fodder-female for me. 'Arm's Length' is my favourite and the one I'm returning to, but I really love that final minute of 'Foreign Fields' wub.gif, and 'Shades of Blue' is quite a gorgeous, rousing pop song, if perhaps a little unoriginal compared to the rest. What a standard she's set for herself though!

(So yeah, thanks Bal!)

((Also, her song titles are all pretty great cool.gif))

This post has been edited by Noahspook: Oct 20 2015, 12:26 AM

+Quote this post
nqvinh94
post Oct 20 2015, 11:12 AM
Post #15
Group icon
New Entry
User: 22,525
Thank for nice song !

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 20 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #16
Group icon
QUOTE(Noahspook @ Oct 20 2015, 01:23 AM) *
Well your incessant looning (rolleyes.gif) in here managed to persuade me, and I'm very glad for it!

I remember 'Experience' took several listens to really click with me (being a bit overly ~alt~ and falsetto-y to make a great initial impression) so it's interesting that the EP takes a more "cinematic and structured" route as she says, because all three newer tracks sound superb on first listen. I think it's the various dimensions to/effects on her vocals that's making her stand out from the standard pop/R&B/indie blog-fodder-female for me. 'Arm's Length' is my favourite and the one I'm returning to, but I really love that final minute of 'Foreign Fields' wub.gif, and 'Shades of Blue' is quite a gorgeous, rousing pop song, if perhaps a little unoriginal compared to the rest. What a standard she's set for herself though!

(So yeah, thanks Bal!)

((Also, her song titles are all pretty great cool.gif))

There was a reason you're a favourite of mine wub.gif Glad you enjoyed it! I have not stopped listening for the past few days. I agree it's all a lot more high-octane and spectacular than 'Experience' (which i still adore obviously!) but this is a totally new and exciting direction.

'Shades of Blue' is the most "unoriginal" of the three but i cannot deny that chorus. Absolutely sensational stuff.

Gah, imagine what the debut album will be like !!!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:36 AM