BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'I Am' • Fifth Album (Part II)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dmdr
post Oct 29 2015, 12:14 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,348
Leona posted on Instagram she is recording a cover today,

https://instagram.com/p/9Z841gO2-Z/

I wonder what its for.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post Oct 29 2015, 12:16 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
QUOTE(Dmdr @ Oct 29 2015, 12:14 PM) *
Leona posted on Instagram she is recording a cover today,

https://instagram.com/p/9Z841gO2-Z/

I wonder what its for.

John Lewis Advert plz hahaha

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post Oct 29 2015, 12:44 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Joecula @ Oct 29 2015, 12:16 PM) *

Yeah that would be incredible, I just don't see it happening. I'll keep my fingers crossed though. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Post #44
Group icon
Fire
User: 9,912
QUOTE(Joecula @ Oct 29 2015, 12:16 PM) *

YES PLEASE.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Oct 29 2015, 02:20 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
Omg John Lewis Advert would be amazing!

Great to see her already in the studio for the next album too (apprantley she's been in it a bit the last week or so). Def Jam seem to want her to get another album out sooner rather than later which is great! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
post Oct 29 2015, 02:43 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Oasis said they liked her last cover of them didn't they? Maybe people think the two match nicely.

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post Nov 3 2015, 12:22 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Leona performed at an Awards ceremony for Simon tonight in London, along side Olly, Il Divo and Labrinth. One Direction also attended to present him the award.

This definitely proves everything is good between Leona and Simon.

She did Bleeding Love and Beneath Your Beautiful with Labrinth.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Nov 3 2015, 12:23 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Oo I'd love to hear "Beneath Your Beautiful"!

Very promising sign though, hopefully it means she has an X-factor slot lined up.

+Quote this post
Post #49
Group icon
Fire
Love that Leona went & performed. Good on her happy.gif We all knew there was no bad blood there just creative differences which is completely normal & will happen throughout life..

Would love to see her on X Factor again. wub.gif She is the ultimate X Factor champ.

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post Nov 3 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Here's a little snippet of the duet.

This post has been edited by Dmdr: Nov 3 2015, 07:56 PM

+Quote this post
Leonagwen
post Nov 3 2015, 08:38 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 21,797
It's nice that Leona is out their performing Bleeding Love and dueting with Labyrinth, but doesn't she know that she released a new album 7 weeks ago? She should be performing songs from the new album.

+Quote this post
Post #52
Group icon
Fire
QUOTE(Leonagwen @ Nov 3 2015, 08:38 PM) *
It's nice that Leona is out their performing Bleeding Love and dueting with Labyrinth, but doesn't she know that she released a new album 7 weeks ago? She should be performing songs from the new album.

Lol i know. Thing is makes sense to sing bleeding love at this event because its the biggest hits simon is been linked to/got X Factor being talked about on a Global scale. Also Labrinth is one of SYCO's acts and a great duet by the sounds of it.

Thunder being played on Capital is great sign..capital jingle bell ball?

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post Nov 17 2015, 08:07 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I Am music video is here.

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/video/pla...d-4563996350001

I don't know why that had to be scrapped, it's not a bad video, not particularly exciting but there isn't anything wrong with it either.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Nov 17 2015, 08:12 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Ye it's a nice video! Would've boosted the song/album a little bit had it been released.

Also, Def Jam have Leona in the studio trying to find a hit apparantley. Def Jam really seem to be on it in regards to Leona, can't see what they can come up with. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Envoirment: Nov 17 2015, 08:33 PM

+Quote this post
Regina
post Nov 17 2015, 08:17 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
QUOTE(Envoirment @ Nov 17 2015, 09:12 PM) *
Ye it's a nice video! Would've boosted the song/album a little bit had it been released.

Also, Dej Jam have Leona in the studio trying to find a hit apparantley. Def Jam really seem to be on it in regards to Leona, can't see what they can come up with. biggrin.gif

Better late than never I guess.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Nov 17 2015, 08:37 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Regina @ Nov 17 2015, 08:17 PM) *
Better late than never I guess.

Def Jam seem to really be on the ball. They didn't have any input on I Am but as soon as it started underperforming they got Leona in the studio (She was in the studio a few weeks ago recording new material as well as a cover which will be shared with us sometime soon).

Also, there's more promo coming up for I Am in the first two weeks of December. Hopefully she'll be on the X-factor semi-final or final. I think they're trying one last time with promo to get some sales from the Christmas rush and to get more tickets of her tour sold.

After that I assume Leona's going to continue to be in the studio and she'll tour the UK before going back in the studio/finishing off the next album. And by the looks of things, Def Jam definitely want Leona recording single-ready material. Which is great.

Maybe Leona could be on Text Santa December 18th and perform "One More Sleep" maybe? Would be great if she could! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Hagarthy
post Nov 18 2015, 07:50 AM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,833
I don't care much for Def Jam. They failed to send or set up any of the many potential hits on I AM to Top 40. Island's hands were so limited with whatever promotion they could get for her alongside Leona's management. There only failure to me was not moving to Switzerland and Germany (if at all those territories were in their purview) when it became clear radio had some type of embargo against Leona. Def Jam have also not spent anything on Leona's promo so far - I don't believe it. All radio promo so far has been paid back with the I AM's sales so far. Remember, the artist or parent label is not paid anything until the promoters/distributors/affiliate labels recoup expenses.
I just don't trust DJ as a label. I think they don't want to lose her - maybe so they can get from her a stronger deal - hence the constant overtures at trying to do something. So what if they record another song? Will they give it a top-notch video? Will the song be sent to Top 40? Or will it simply be more dithering and gesture until they come clean about what they want from Leona or their true investment in her. I could be wrong, though, but Leona should not be naive in dealing with them. Business is business.

On to the I AM video. It suffers the same problem that came out somewhat in Thunder, though with I AM it is more amplified - very poor cinematography. The lighting does not appear to have been professional, and the shots just did not gel well enough to pull off a good edit of the video. The concept is really good, but the settings, lighting and overall cinematography did not do much to enhance the video. I wish they could have gone with a brighter, though low-contrast color scheme....lots of grays. Next time, perhaps, Leona could specifically point to cinematography references she likes, either from movies or other music videos. It's not too bad a starting point if you're not sure what a director could deliver.

This post has been edited by Hagarthy: Nov 18 2015, 07:51 AM

+Quote this post
post Nov 18 2015, 09:39 AM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I actually think Def Jam are really good. Aren't they in charge of Justin Bieber's amazing campaign? The thing is, I Am, just isn't good enough to make it in America, Thunder actually got a decent push from them, but I think them choosing the material would be better. I think we can all now agree that Island have been nothing short of dire here in the UK.

+Quote this post
Soeplepel
post Nov 18 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,313
QUOTE(Hagarthy @ Nov 18 2015, 07:50 AM) *
I don't care much for Def Jam. They failed to send or set up any of the many potential hits on I AM to Top 40. Island's hands were so limited with whatever promotion they could get for her alongside Leona's management. There only failure to me was not moving to Switzerland and Germany (if at all those territories were in their purview) when it became clear radio had some type of embargo against Leona. Def Jam have also not spent anything on Leona's promo so far - I don't believe it. All radio promo so far has been paid back with the I AM's sales so far. Remember, the artist or parent label is not paid anything until the promoters/distributors/affiliate labels recoup expenses.
I just don't trust DJ as a label. I think they don't want to lose her - maybe so they can get from her a stronger deal - hence the constant overtures at trying to do something. So what if they record another song? Will they give it a top-notch video? Will the song be sent to Top 40? Or will it simply be more dithering and gesture until they come clean about what they want from Leona or their true investment in her. I could be wrong, though, but Leona should not be naive in dealing with them. Business is business.

On to the I AM video. It suffers the same problem that came out somewhat in Thunder, though with I AM it is more amplified - very poor cinematography. The lighting does not appear to have been professional, and the shots just did not gel well enough to pull off a good edit of the video. The concept is really good, but the settings, lighting and overall cinematography did not do much to enhance the video. I wish they could have gone with a brighter, though low-contrast color scheme....lots of grays. Next time, perhaps, Leona could specifically point to cinematography references she likes, either from movies or other music videos. It's not too bad a starting point if you're not sure what a director could deliver.

Def Jam is doing an amazing job though, but their hands are tied by Island. They might have a good reason to not have sent it to top40, maybe because it didn't take of after the TV performances. Although I think if it was sent to top40 before the tv performance I think it would have sold more.
Anyway, someone on DS said you only have one chance with top40 and maybe they just didn't go through with it.

It's clear Defjam is more into Leona than Island but who knows what Island is thinking. They had a budget, they screw up.

Island started strong, but I think they expected lots of sales from FUMF and since that backfired they screwed up the budget. There's promo coming up first 2 weeks of December in UK so we'll see what they have in store.

They're not gonna push hard in UK and US anymore though. You have one chance to do it right, but it didn't happen so best way is to go back in the studio.

This post has been edited by Soeplepel: Nov 18 2015, 07:32 PM

+Quote this post
Scene
post Nov 18 2015, 08:48 PM
Post #60
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
I am really excited for what Def Jam sorts out for Leona. Their A&R is amazing in my opinion. They know how to direct each of their artists and can find the right hit for them - Fancy for Iggy, WDYM and Sorry for Justin Bieber, all of Rihanna's hits...

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:39 PM