BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> In the Heart of the Sea, 25 December 2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 9th August 2015, 11:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I think this looks pretty interesting from the trailer. The film is based on the 1820 event where a whaling ship is preyed upon by a sperm whale leaving everyone on it stranded for months.

Chris Hemsworth is the main star but there are a few famous faces floating about too.

This post has been edited by Josh.: 10th August 2015, 12:03 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 28th December 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Didn't find this overly gripping or great overall but I did come to appreciate it more towards the end, after they became stranded it picked up a bit.

Would've liked more screen time for Ben Whishaw heart.gif And the part where future Spiderman had to go down inside the whale was disgusting puke.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 29th December 2015, 01:07 AM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Going to see this tomorrow, hope it's good!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 29th December 2015, 05:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

0/10

Will post a full review later but oh dear at this movie.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 31st December 2015, 10:31 AM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

laugh.gif!

I did warn you UV, I'm anticipating this review ripping it to shreds kink.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 1st January 2016, 07:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
c:

I agree with UV that this was poor but more like 6/10 for me. A lot of the dialogue I didn't even understand through a mix of jargon and terrible enunciation (mainly from Chris) which made it even more boring in the non-whale parts. The only really interesting parts were when the whale was about especially when it kept coming back laugh.gif and when they started to be stranded but it took too long to get there and the Herman Melville bits didn't really work imo.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 2nd January 2016, 02:44 AM
Post #7
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Time to absolutely rip this piece of crap to shreds kink.gif

One of the worst movies I have seen of all time. Up there with the Planes 2 and the I Frankenstein's of the last few years. This is like a worse Life Of Pi (which is saying something considering how dreadful that movie is). This was just absolutely diabolical. First of all it felt like the movie was filmed and made in the 1300's, I do quite like period films but this actually feels like it was made then and is so old and boring and dull. The visual effects were awful and the movie set looked a state tbh. The script is atrocious, so so boring and I think I nearly fell asleep 4 times during the movie which just shows how utterly dull the movie was. Nothing seemed to happen, and when it did it felt very minor. I didn't even realise it was the main whale until about 10 minutes after laugh.gif And how it is just so suddenly dropped in that the whale was following them after about 10 minutes of just peaceful rowing was so funny and random. I had to try so hard at times to not burst into laughter, some of the lines and some of the actions was just funny. The scene where the selfish stupid stuck-up cousin shot himself should have been tense but it was just funny and I was kind of wishing he shot everyone on the boat. The cannibalism part was so weird and I didn't even realise it was happening, also had no clue who had died as the person I thought had, popped up about 15 minutes later from the middle of nowhere! And oh gosh that's only about half the things wrong with the movie. The ending is so so boring, like who actually cares by that point? And the 'evilness' of some of the characters just came completely random and was also funny. Also I had no care at all for the side story involving writing the book. The acting was just dreadful from every single person. Chris Hemsworth was terrible and so awful in the lead role, no charisma at all and so bad. And saying he was the best of the cast is worrying, though I think if The Hunstman: Winter's War flops he could be in trouble career wise bar Marvel considering how badly some of his movies have bombed recently (this, blackhat etc). Future Spider-Man is bad in this, shame as I loved him in The Impossible. The captain- whoever played him- was terrible and couldn't act but the character's action (script's fault) made it even worse, especially towards the end with that sudden 'change of heart' crap. The rest of the cast were also terrible. And then there were a couple of scenes that were just full on disgusting. I didn't like any of the scenes involving the meat. And that scene with future spider man going inside the whale may just be the worst scene of the decade (after anything that appeared in A Monster In Paris or The Harry Hill Movie). Why did they even bother including that in the movie, it was just utterly disgusting and freaked the audience out. Like nobody wants to see that. And was Cillian Murphy even in the movie? I think I saw him like twice for about 2 seconds. And the captain's cousin couldn't act to save his life and was an utterly horryfyingly bad performance that deserves Razzies. And the time gap is so stupid, a year basically just randomly passed with no explanation and so much didn't make sense. There is probably about another 100 other things I hate about the movie but those are the main things which make this one of the worst things I have ever watched. Just a big disaster. And the whale was awful too and should have had more screen-time than just being a silly shadow that is so hard to see. It probably appeared for about 2 minutes as not a shadow. Utter trainwreck of a movie.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 2nd January 2016, 11:41 AM
Post #8
Group icon
c:

What a slaughtering Uv, I kept laughing when they were stranded for over a month on an island and start rowing and then the whale was waiting for them, just felt so surreal! laugh.gif I also didn't like the Captain's acting so glad you picked up on that.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 2nd January 2016, 10:03 PM
Post #9
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

Say what you want about this but you lost me when you called Life Of Pi 'dreadful'. That's an EXCELLENT movie, one of my faves, 9/10 or bordering on 10/10 sort of material. sleep.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 10:45 AM