BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Summer Transfer Thread 2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post 7th May 2015, 02:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

I start this 'Summer Transfer Thread' early because of the news that Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Memphis Depay from PSV for a fee of £25m-£30m.

He will join Manchester United when the transfer window opens in June.

From BBC Sport Website:

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Dutch forward Memphis Depay from PSV Eindhoven.

The fee is in the region of £25-30m with the deal believed to be until 2019, with the option of another year.

Subject to the 21-year-old passing his medical next week, he will join United once the transfer window opens in June.

Depay, who has scored 21 goals as PSV won this season's Dutch title , tweeted: "Time to set my goals again on winning trophies with Manchester United."

He added: "I always say; dream, believe, achieve. I was dreaming and believing of becoming the champions of the Eredivisie with PSV and we achieved it.

Former Wigan defender Arjan De Zeeuw:
"We all know Depay was one of the players who stood out at the World Cup when Van Gaal was in charge of the Dutch national team. People regard him as a little bit arrogant, a little bit cocky, but I think he is a very good player, a very promising player, a very strong, very quick player and he's got some skill. People expect him to be the best player on the pitch every week, so you have to have a bit of self-belief to achieve that. I think he'll do well for Manchester United."

"I'm extremely grateful towards PSV and all the fans for believing in me."

Depay, who played under United manager Louis van Gaal during his time as Netherlands boss, had attracted interest from a number of clubs across Europe, with Paris St-Germain and Liverpool reportedly keen to sign him.

Tottenham reportedly had a bid for the player turned down last year.

He has spent his entire career to date with PSV, for whom he has scored 42 goals in 104 appearances.

"We are very proud of this upcoming transfer, which came in a huge momentum," PSV's sporting director Marcel Brands told the Dutch club's official website.
Memphis has gone through all the teams of the PSV youth academy and has played an important part in the national title this year.
He's a wonderful exponent of our training and will make a nice transition to a magnificent club in a beautiful competition.
We obviously lose a fantastic player, which is of great value to the team. But PSV grants him this wonderful step."

Depay played at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil as the Netherlands finished third before Van Gaal quit as head coach to take over at Manchester United.

He made his international debut on 15 October 2013, coming on in the last minute of the Netherlands' 2-0 World Cup qualifying win in Turkey.

What do people make of this signing from Manchester United who start their summer spending early.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jark
post 7th May 2015, 03:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

Killer signing by Van Gaal. Depay is awesome. Not a bad price either.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 7th May 2015, 04:56 PM
Post #3
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Can't lie that I'm not gutted, think he's a brilliant player.

That said I'm not sure Liverpool need anymore 'excellent prospect, but not quite there yet' players.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 14th May 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Chelsea have signed Brazilian midfielder Nathan from Atetico Paranaense for an undisclosed fee.

He scored 5 goals for Brazil in the 2013 Under-17 World Cup.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 15th May 2015, 11:06 AM
Post #5
Group icon

According to his agent, Petr Cech has been given permission to talk to other clubs. Where do people think Petr Cech will move to?

Current Odds:

PSG 17-10
AS Roma 3-1
Arsenal 7-2
Liverpool 4-1
Man Utd 13-2
Inter Milan 9-1
Real Madrid 10-1
Juventus 14-1
Napoli 14-1
Atletico Madrid 16-1

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 18th May 2015, 01:19 PM
Post #6
Group icon

Do people think David De Gea will move to Real Madrid?

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 18th May 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Looks almost a certainty he'll be leaving United & I imagine Real would be the obvious destination. Bit of a kick in the teeth for Atlético fans!

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 18th May 2015, 11:17 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Hope Liverpool make some shrewd signings this summer and early please no deadline day nonsense. James Milner for centre mid, Higuain from Napoli who failed to reach the champions league too and Rafa is leaving. Proven goal scorer! Get rid of that bast*rd Sterling and get Ibe in the first team all next yr. should get 20-25m for him.

I would also coach defensively with Lovern and Skrtel being the main partners and a new right back to replace Glen Johnson - hopefully a decent one. We also need a sub keeper to replace Brad Jones - Cech please??

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th May 2015, 11:00 AM
Post #9
Group icon

So Raheem Sterling wanting to leave Liverpool. Where do you think he'll go or will he be persuaded to stay?

What do you think?

Sterling should honour his contract. Don't forget he rejected a £100,000 per week contact from Liverpool.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 19th May 2015, 03:36 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

OUT OUT OUT

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 19th May 2015, 03:47 PM
Post #11
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

A month or so ago Brendan Rodgers said Sterling is the "best young player in Europe". You can't then complain at the best young player in Europe wanting more than Liverpool can offer, especially a Liverpool managed by Rodgers.

Makes me laugh so many people saying he should be more loyal and stay, Liverpool ultimately have to accept that they're not in the top two tiers of European football now, and their best players are going to move onwards, especially when they fail to qualify for the Champions League, just like they can get the best of the tier below them, like they did last summer taking the top talent from the likes of Benfica, Bayer Leverkusen and Southampton.

This post has been edited by RabbitFurCoat: 19th May 2015, 03:48 PM

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 19th May 2015, 05:01 PM
Post #12
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ May 19 2015, 04:47 PM) *
A month or so ago Brendan Rodgers said Sterling is the "best young player in Europe". You can't then complain at the best young player in Europe wanting more than Liverpool can offer, especially a Liverpool managed by Rodgers.

Makes me laugh so many people saying he should be more loyal and stay, Liverpool ultimately have to accept that they're not in the top two tiers of European football now, and their best players are going to move onwards, especially when they fail to qualify for the Champions League, just like they can get the best of the tier below them, like they did last summer taking the top talent from the likes of Benfica, Bayer Leverkusen and Southampton.

But he's not as good as he thinks he is. That's the problem, currently at least. I think he has everything in his game to become a top, top player. However this whole cat and mouse game is ridiculous! I can understand he wants out, but if we're to ever compete again properly we need out best players to stay. And let's not forget that Sterling (and the rest of the team) were diabolical in the cup-semi. And CL qualification this season was in our hands until we combusted. That was part Sterling's fault.

I think the trophies excuse is a ridiculous one really. Problem is, is that I think we are open to selling him, but his suitors will be from the Premier League and I think we will not sell him to a rival.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 19th May 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #13
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

He'll never reach his potential when his manager plays him as a centre forward one match, right wing-back the next and on the wing the next. From a neutral's point of view it's easy to see why he'd want out of Liverpool. Brendan has to take a huge amount of responsibility for his lack of form as he's been shifted around the pitch from game to game. He plays as a number 9 and then gets criticised for poor finishing, but he's a 20 year old winger FFS, he's not going to be Suarez.

For me your biggest problem is Brendan. How many good buys in three years? Three, maybe? And one of those (Can) ended up in a completely different position to the one he's always played in almost by accident. The system and players in it was clueless on Saturday. Of all the teams in the Premier League Palace use wingers as consistently and effectively as anyone, if ever there was a match to not play a 19 year old winger and a full-back who's never really looked comfortable in this league as wing-backs this was it.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 19th May 2015, 06:18 PM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ May 19 2015, 06:08 PM) *
He'll never reach his potential when his manager plays him as a centre forward one match, right wing-back the next and on the wing the next. From a neutral's point of view it's easy to see why he'd want out of Liverpool. Brendan has to take a huge amount of responsibility for his lack of form as he's been shifted around the pitch from game to game. He plays as a number 9 and then gets criticised for poor finishing, but he's a 20 year old winger FFS, he's not going to be Suarez.

For me your biggest problem is Brendan. How many good buys in three years? Three, maybe? And one of those (Can) ended up in a completely different position to the one he's always played in almost by accident. The system and players in it was clueless on Saturday. Of all the teams in the Premier League Palace use wingers as consistently and effectively as anyone, if ever there was a match to not play a 19 year old winger and a full-back who's never really looked comfortable in this league as wing-backs this was it.

Well I would agree with you on that, I hated playing him at RWB but it was necessary at times. We played our best football when we had Sterling through the middle. We had pace, and that was key. However worth noting as well that he hit a bit of form post his break! Finishing can be improved, but some of the chances he has missed this year have been horrific.

Oh I would not disagree on that either. I lost confidence in him currently, I don't think all the signings are his fault but he's obsessed with a style of play that I don't think can work in this league because of the pace. I don't think the wing-backs were to be criticised really though for the loss, we played the same system at Selhurst and won! The problem was our midfield left the defence exposed, just absolute massive gaps of space. Rumours circulating round anyway that Rodgers might be getting the chop.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th May 2015, 07:35 PM
Post #15
Group icon

Away from the Sterling situation.

Aston Villa have signed Scott Sinclair from Man City on a permanent deal following being on loan with them. He played nineteen times for Man City after moving to them for £8m back in 2012.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 19th May 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

It would be ridiculous if he got sacked, people forget very quickly - and his style of play is the best I've seen Liverpool play, it's about finding another goal scorer this summer - who would survive without a Suarez and Sturridge up front all season!?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 19th May 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #17
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(steve201 @ May 19 2015, 08:40 PM) *
It would be ridiculous if he got sacked, people forget very quickly - and his style of play is the best I've seen Liverpool play, it's about finding another goal scorer this summer - who would survive without a Suarez and Sturridge up front all season!?

Well I agree - but it also begs the argument - were Suarez & Sturridge just papering the cracks? Losing those two players for the full season has been awful, because we have little thorough goal threat. But Rodgers just baffles me. Everyone can see our problem, but he's blind to it. Or when he fixes it, he reverts back to his favourite system as a panic attack. Not sure we're any better than when he took over.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 20th May 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #18
Group icon

Raheem Sterling getting booed by a small number of Liverpool fans after collecting the club's 'Young Player of The Year'. It amazes me how he thinks he's not a money-grabber when he rejected a £100,000 a week contact.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 21st May 2015, 12:59 PM
Post #19
Group icon

Now Raheem Sterling's agent is saying that Sterling wouldn't a new contract even if Liverpool offered him £900,000 per-week.

He also went on and called Jamie Carragher a knob and he suggested that Chelsea and Man City would be the most likely destination for him.

+Quote this post
jark
post 21st May 2015, 01:16 PM
Post #20
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

I hope Sterling's career goes swiftly south and he ends up benched for the next year at City or somewhere. He has every right to want to leave Liverpool (and they could certainly spend the money on a much better player) but the way he/his agent have gone about this so publicly is pretty vile. He's clearly very badly managed or advised.

+Quote this post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 11:27 AM