BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
55 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Premier League / Football League Thread 2011-12, (& Blue Square Premier!) News & Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
RobBot
post Apr 24 2011, 09:34 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
Having seen yesterdays performance - how are Birmingham not going down? laugh.gif Where were their defence? Sure Ben Foster made a few mistakes, just a bad day, but the Maxi header was SO easy, completely unmarked.

Tottenham picking up a draw is promising though, we could still very much get 5th, and we play Tottenham last game of the season, I think?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sabrina.
post Apr 24 2011, 12:50 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,406
LOL at Chelsea fans. One minute it's all "Can we sell Torres back to Liverpool?" and next their singing his name and acting like he's some sort of God

Being a Liverpool fan.. I probably would have rather he didn't score this season, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Sky Sports News has been turned off today though. "Torres ends Chelsea drought" as a top story is slightly annoying. Why exactly does a striker scoring need to be headline news ?

Happy with the 5 - 0 win though. & Now hopefully Tottenham can drop some points in upcoming fixtures against Chelsea, Man City & us

+Quote this post
Sabrina.
post Apr 24 2011, 04:55 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
& That's Arsenal officially out of the title race

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Apr 24 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
QUOTE(ROBOT @ Apr 24 2011, 10:34 AM) *
Having seen yesterdays performance - how are Birmingham not going down? laugh.gif Where were their defence? Sure Ben Foster made a few mistakes, just a bad day, but the Maxi header was SO easy, completely unmarked.

Tottenham picking up a draw is promising though, we could still very much get 5th, and we play Tottenham last game of the season, I think?

I think whoever finishes 6th this season has an excellent chance of finishing in the top 4 next year without having a European campaign.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Apr 24 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #5
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
I want Liverpool to finish 5th. Can't understand why some 'fans' don't want us not to. Liverpool not playing European football is unheard of. The Europa League is not a Mickey Mouse competition in the latter stages. With some quality editions in the summer Liverpool will have enough in their locker to challenge for al four of the competitions they are in.

If Spurs don't get 4th this season then they are well and truly f***ed for a good few years. Bale and Modric will need to be sold to balance the books. Levy has even admitted as much himself!

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Apr 24 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #6
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
Bale's vastly over-rated anyway, and if some mug is going to pay more than £30m for him then more fool them. They'd surely save a large amount of money just by cutting down? Getting rid of King, Woodgate, Krancjar, Jenas and maybe one or two more would probably save nearly £15m a year in wages and they'd still have a decent sized squad!

+Quote this post
Sabrina.
post Apr 24 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Rooney @ Apr 24 2011, 06:17 PM) *
I want Liverpool to finish 5th. Can't understand why some 'fans' don't want us not to. Liverpool not playing European football is unheard of. The Europa League is not a Mickey Mouse competition in the latter stages. With some quality editions in the summer Liverpool will have enough in their locker to challenge for al four of the competitions they are in.

If Spurs don't get 4th this season then they are well and truly f***ed for a good few years. Bale and Modric will need to be sold to balance the books. Levy has even admitted as much himself!

I want them to finish 5th & The players quite clearly want it too

The fact that we are even fighting for 5th place with an awful start to the season suggests that we will have a very good chance of getting in the top 4 next season. I doubt being part of another competition will affect that too much

Just checked the form table too and based on the last 6 matches.. We would be joint 2nd right now with Man Utd.. & Chelsea at #1. I think it's about time King Kenny got that contract

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Apr 24 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #8
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
Spurs' squad is so good, yet so bad. I think if Bale ws available there'd be some sort of bidding war - lucky Tottenham if that's the case! A lot of their players are vastly overrated though. I honestly think the reason they're so well recieved in the press is because of 'arry and how they have so many Engllish players. I don't think they're an incredibly good side, they leave a lot of space I've noticed. They just very rarely get punished.

Dalglish will easily get the job. I'm sure it's all been agreed in principle, and it's just waiting to be signed. I'm absolutely positive they'll announce it just before the Spurs game, or moments after Manchester United win the title. That ploy has been used enough time before!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Apr 26 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
why is the man in the iron mask so $h!t

+Quote this post
Sarah
post Apr 27 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 763
QUOTE(Sarah @ Apr 21 2011, 01:13 AM) *
League 1 champions oh yeah yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif Brighton are awesome this season wub.gif wub.gif

Bring on August already haha a new season, new league and a new stadium, got my season ticket I can't wait thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

QUOTE(ukchartstatsfan @ Apr 21 2011, 07:33 PM) *
Congrats

Thank u biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Apr 29 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #11
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
QPR have asked the FA to investigate The Sun after this morning they claimed QPR would be docked 15 points next week.

I have to say I can't see how anything will be done. They've clearly broken rules which should really push them below (at least) Norwich and Cardiff. But because of the length of time it will take for various appeals to happen, the playoffs would be severely delayed, resulting in more appealing from those clubs involved as it would ruin their close/pre-season.

Alejandro Faurlin joined QPR in July 2009, how come it's taken until 9th March 2011 to find out it was dodgy? And why a further 8 weeks before their hearing, with any punishment being announced less than 24 hours before the end of the season?

As far as I'm concerned there are only two possible options. 1) No punishment 2) A hefty fine

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Apr 29 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
The timing of the hearing is ridiculous. This sort of breach of the rules ought to mean a points deduction. However, as you say, QPR would appeal any deduction which would stop them being promoted. Any deduction which didn't prevent their promotion would be seen as a mere slap on the wrists and would probably lead to a protest by whoever comes third.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Apr 30 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #13
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
They have been looking in to it since September last year though so I read? I can't see them giving QPR a points penalty this far in to the season, as the timing would be horrific, like you say it's obvious they would appeal. Could it be possible they would incur a points deduction when they're in the Premier League? Can't see anything other than a very hefty fine though, and perhaps a severe warning about future conduct.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Apr 30 2011, 11:52 AM
Post #14
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
Could be an absolutely pivotal set of fixtures this weekend. Playing City, we are siting ducks for the other teams in the relegattion battle to extend their lead over us - plus we're missing both Parker and Noble. On the up side, Upson is back which means the defence will be a lot better organised. With a bit of luck, and with Tevez missing, we could sneak something.

Assuming we don't, we could do with Bolton, Stoke and Everton beating Blackburn, Blackpool and Wigan respectively. All of which could well happen.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Apr 30 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #15
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
QUOTE(MancunianGiraffe @ Apr 30 2011, 12:52 PM) *
Could be an absolutely pivotal set of fixtures this weekend. Playing City, we are siting ducks for the other teams in the relegattion battle to extend their lead over us - plus we're missing both Parker and Noble. On the up side, Upson is back which means the defence will be a lot better organised. With a bit of luck, and with Tevez missing, we could sneak something.

Assuming we don't, we could do with Bolton, Stoke and Everton beating Blackburn, Blackpool and Wigan respectively. All of which could well happen.

But none of them did! sad.gif

I wanted West Ham to stay up, but now it Forest actually have a chance of going up, I'd rather be in a West Ham and Wolves-less Premier League. Will happily have Blackpool and Wigan in our division next season, regardless of which one it is.

+Quote this post
Flatcap
post Apr 30 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Nah.
User: 27
Hope Carlisle can give the home support something to shout about. We win away to Rochdale, then lose away to Dagenham and Redbridge? blink.gif So much for the much desired ruthlessness that Abbott was asking of the squad earlier in the week... sad.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Apr 30 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #17
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
Thought it would be 40 points needed to stay up - looks like it could be more though!? 42 maybe. Huge win for Blackburn today, absolutely massive.

Spurs no chance of 4th now.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Apr 30 2011, 08:15 PM
Post #18
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
I thought it would be more than 40, but the bottom so four have suddenly become so awful that 40 could well comfortably keep teams up. You just can't see where West Ham, Wolves and Blackpool could get a win from. A monumental game for Wolves tomorrow.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 1 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #19
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
West Ham going down then.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post May 1 2011, 03:55 PM
Post #20
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Chelsea win at Old Trafford next week they go top of the Premier League!!
I just can't see West Ham getting relegated there team is too good!

This post has been edited by lee wallace: May 1 2011, 03:55 PM

+Quote this post

55 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:44 PM