BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The hit that got away
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
*Tim
post 26th January 2015, 06:55 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Let's hop this bandwagon, eventhough Rih's team is near flawless when it comes to single choices

Definately the biggest failure on Rih's team for me. It smashing Down Under, with no video or official single release should've been enough for Rih's team to give it the single treatment

This post has been edited by *Tim: 26th January 2015, 06:56 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th January 2015, 07:38 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

shame i didn't think of this title for the KP forum

every track on talk that talk and loud should've been WW smashes tbh

and in terms of hits that got away, if its lovin that you want is amazing and shouldve been hugeeeee

+Quote this post
DionTheSats123
post 26th January 2015, 08:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 18,505

The amazing Firebomb should have never been looked over especially since Te Amo got the single treatment.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 26th January 2015, 08:12 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Break It Off' should have had a full release! Didn't go top 10 on airplay only in the US? It would have been massive.

'Breakin' Dishes' sticks out as one from the GGGB campaign, but that album was pretty much FLAWLESS and is responsible for the star we have today. 'Good Girl Gone Bad' was stunning too and deserved a release, but from a commercially successful stand point, I doubt it would have done well. It's ridiculously radio friendly though and probably would have been a big radio hit.

'Rated R' is hard to judge. 'Wait Your Turn' served perfectly well as a teaser track for the album. But 'Hard' should have been the rightful second single as opposed to the 5th (?) single. They should never have bothered with 'Te Amo' as a release and used 'Fire Bomb' to end the campaign on. A clearly personal song to her, to close her most personal album <3

'Loud' was flawless. I might not have liked OGITW too much, but it was such a smash I can't deny it's status as a single. I would perhaps have released 'Complicated' or 'Love The Way You Lie (Part II)', but it didn't matter too much as there was very little room for improvement on the singles campaign for this.

'Talk That Talk' was a bit of a mess. 'You Da One' shouldn't have been the 2nd single. I would have gone:

01. 'We Found Love'
02. 'Where Have You Been'
03. 'Talk That Talk'
04. 'Drunk On Love'
05. 'Farewell'

Then obviously we have 'Unapologetic'. First two single choices were perfect, it all fell to pieces after that though. I wouldn't have bothered with 'Pour It Up' or 'Loveeeee Song'. It should have been 'Diamonds' - 'Stay' - 'Lost In Paradise' - 'What Now' - 'Right Now' and ended the era there. But 'Pour It Up' was big on Urban radio, wasn't it? So maybe that could've stayed as a release.

+Quote this post
danG
post 26th January 2015, 09:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Talk That Talk (song) should've got a proper release, with a music video and everything. the era should've gone

01 We Found Love
02 Talk That Talk
03 Where Have You Been
04 You Da One (pop) (it should never have been released so early in the campaign), Birthday Cake (remix) (urban)
05 Roc Me Out

Unapolgetic era could've gone better too, the first 2 singles aside which were perfect choices (although Stay still remains dull)

01 Diamonds
02 Stay
03 Right Now (pop) (proper release, not the can't be bothered approach that was actually used), Pour It Up (urban)
04 Jump
05 What Now

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 26th January 2015, 09:16 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

Right Now never would've smashed, no matter how hard they promoted it. It was a lazy attempt at a hit and everyone knew it.
such genericness

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 26th January 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #7
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

'Right Now' is horrendous, glad it flopped. 'What Now' isn't much better.

'Birthday Cake' should've got a full release with a video, one of her best for sure.
Should've been huge.

'Love Without Tragedy' would've been a good choice from 'Unapologetic' I think.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 26th January 2015, 10:44 PM
Post #8
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

Kisses Don't Lie
Breakin' Dishes
Fire Bomb
Fading
We All Want Love
Jump

All songs are 10/10 and should have been singles!

+Quote this post
April
post 27th January 2015, 12:10 AM
Post #9
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905

Love Without Tragedy and Jump

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 27th January 2015, 12:26 AM
Post #10
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Love The Way You Lie Part 2.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 27th January 2015, 12:28 AM
Post #11
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Cry would have been a nice single

Definitely love the way you lie part 2 as the main one, it is in my favourite 3 Rihanna tracks ever wub.gif

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 27th January 2015, 04:27 AM
Post #12
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

I would have liked these.

Get It Over With
Skin
Cold Case Love
Let Me

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 29th January 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

I wish 'Drunk on Love' would've been released. Other than that I don't have many complaints in the Rihanna department. 'You Da One' should've never been recorded let alone be released though.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 29th January 2015, 07:03 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

'Kisses Don't Lie' instead of 'We Ride' from her second album. The first album was right in terms of singles, maybe 'Let Me' would've worked.

'Breakin' Dishes' of course. Even though all the other GGGB singles needed a release she could've made time for one more kink.gif

From 'Rated R', I'd say 'Cold Case Love' could've been a big hit for her. 'Loud' was perfect singles wise.

'Talk That Talk' should've had the title track getting a proper release. 'Unapologetic' should've been Diamonds-Stay-Jump-What Now-Love Without Tragedy (full song).

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 29th January 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #15
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

'Push Up on Me' should've been released! Don't know why I didn't think of that when I posted before. Far stronger than 'Hate That I Love You'/'Shut Up and Drive'.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 29th January 2015, 10:21 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

QUOTE(Wall-e @ Jan 27 2015, 01:26 AM) *
Love The Way You Lie Part 2.

Yass tell them! She should've released it when Love The Way You Lie started to "die" to use the hype ala Alicia Keys did with Empire State Of Mind pt II but better since it's Rih we're talking about

+Quote this post
jark
post 29th January 2015, 11:17 PM
Post #17
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

She really doesn't have any obvious should've been singles. Her team has always been pretty much on point. But I would've liked to see Breakin Dishes get a video, Push Up On Me too, and maybe Cold Case Love could've done something in place of Te Amo.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 31st January 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

'Cold Case Love' is phenomenal and her best ballad, but I'm not convinced it would have really worked as a single. 'Fire Bomb' unquestionably should have been released instead of 'Te Amo'!

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post 1st February 2015, 12:10 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,492

I too think that 'Drunk On Love' should have been pushed as a single - Didn't it get a small amount of exposure in a UK reality show (can't remember which one) and then it was hovering around the 50s on iTunes for a few weeks.

I like 'You Da One' now more than I ever did but it should have probably been nothing more than a bonus track.

I love 'Firebomb' but I think 'Te Amo' is still a great song, even if it wasn't as instant. I do also wish we had a completed version of 'Love Without Tragedy'.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd February 2015, 12:32 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

From GGGB (the other two don't have many album track gems) onwards:

GGGB - Breakin' Dishes (all the singles were decent but I think maybe this instead of Rehab, although I find that really underrated, or Hate That I Love You)
Rated R - I love Te Amo and it gets too much of a hard time but maybe Wait Your Turn instead.
Loud - no changes needed, Man Down is one of my fave Rihanna songs personally but I doubt it would have been a good single if released properly WW.
Talk That Talk - Farewell or Drunk In Love should have been singles in place of You Da One. Just please not the title track, ew.
Unapologetic - definitely Jump properly instead of Right Now (that was far too generic, I like it but not as a single) as well as a full version of Love Without Tragedy instead of What Now. Lost In Paradise would have been good too.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:44 PM