BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Effect of Coronavirus in Sport
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Mar 11 2020, 10:16 PM
Post #21
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Juventus have announced that Italy centre-back Daniele Rugani has tested positive for coronavirus.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Mar 12 2020, 12:22 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
ALL Champions League & Europa League games to be suspended indefinitely I've just read.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Mar 12 2020, 08:25 PM
Post #23
Group icon
◾FORMULA 1: This weekend's season-opening Australian Grand Prix called off. News follows McLaren team member testing positive for coronavirus.
◾FOOTBALL: Second leg of Manchester City's last-16 Champions League tie against Real Madrid, scheduled for Tuesday 17 March, postponed after Real first team quarantined. A Real Madrid basketball player, who shares training facilities with La Liga club, tested positive for the virus.
◾FOOTBALL: Spanish top flight La Liga suspended for at least next two rounds of matches.
◾FOOTBALL: Uefa calls emergency meeting for Tuesday at which possibility of postponing Euro 2020 by one year will be discussed.
◾FOOTBALL: Three Leicester players self-isolating after showing symptoms of coronavirus.
◾BASKETBALL: NBA suspended until further notice after Utah Jazz player tested positive for coronavirus.
◾TENNIS: ATP suspended for six weeks.
◾RUGBY UNION: Pro14 suspended indefinitely.
◾FOOTBALL: Sampdoria striker Manolo Gabbiadini tests positive for coronavirus.
◾TENNIS: Miami Open, starting on 23 March, cancelled.
◾FOOTBALL: Danish Football Association cancels all football activities in the country for two weeks.
◾BASKETBALL: International Basketball Federation (FIBA) suspends all competitions from 13 March.
◾BASKETBALL: Euroleague Basketball competitions suspended.
◾FOOTBALL: Bosnia-Herzegovina request Uefa postpones the home Euro 2020 play-off semi-final against Northern Ireland on 26 March.
◾ICE HOCKEY: Great Britain's two matches with Poland due to take place on 17 and 18 April are cancelled.
◾DARTS: The Professional Darts Corporation has cancelled the Premier League double-header in Rotterdam on March 25-26 as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
◾GOLF: The PGA Tour banned spectators from attending tournaments through April 5, starting with Friday's second round of the Players Championship.
◾ICE HOCKEY: NHL season in the US and Canada is suspended.
◾SPORT: Prime Minister Boris Johnson says the government is considering banning sporting fixtures amid the coronavirus outbreak but it will not happen immediately.
◾BASEBALL: Start of MLB season delayed by at least two weeks and spring training games cancelled.
◾FOOTBALL: MLS suspends matches for 30 days.
◾FOOTBALL: Juventus announces 121 members of staff, including players, are self-isolating after Daniele Rugani tested positive for coronavirus.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Mar 12 2020, 10:30 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Mar 12 2020, 11:05 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Premier League to hold emergency club meeting tomorrow regarding fixtures. Fixtures have to be called off.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Mar 12 2020, 11:15 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Dybala of Juve has too!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 13 2020, 10:48 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
All UEFA competitions have been postponed including the Champions and Europa League

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Mar 13 2020, 11:09 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
All PL & EFL matches off till April...

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Mar 13 2020, 11:30 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
All of the Everton first team squad are self isolating after a player got coronavirus-like symptoms.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Mar 13 2020, 12:52 PM
Post #30
Group icon
The Bahrain and Vietnam GPs are set to be cancelled today with official confirmation reportedly imminent.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Mar 13 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #31
Group icon
London Marathon has been postponed and rearranged for 4th October.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Mar 13 2020, 07:38 PM
Post #32
Group icon
ATHLETICS: London Marathon - scheduled for 26 April - is postponed and rearranged for 4 October. The Manchester Marathon, scheduled for 5 April, is also postponed.
BADMINTON: All BWF World Tour and other BWF-sanctioned tournaments are suspended from 16 March until 12 April.
CRICKET: England's Test series against Sri Lanka postponed.
CRICKET: India's one-day international series with South Africa postponed.
CRICKET: Pakistan Super League play-offs condensed, while some overseas players fly home.
CRICKET: Indian Premier League's start delayed from 29 March until 15 April.
CRICKET: Scotland's one-day international series against USA & UAE postponed.
CRICKET: Champion County game between MCC and Essex cancelled.
CRICKET: Hampshire, Kent, Warwickshire and Yorkshire curtail pre-season tours.
CYCLING: The Six Day Manchester - scheduled to be held this weekend - will not take place.
CYCLING: ASO says the final stage of the Paris-Nice race is cancelled, so Saturday's stage will be the last.
CYCLING: May's Giro D'Italia, which was due to begin in Hungary, is postponed.
DARTS: The Professional Darts Corporation reschedules its double-header in Rotterdam, which had been due to take place on 25-26 March, for 9-10 September. The semi-finals and finals of the tournament will take place on the second of those nights in the Dutch city.
FOOTBALL: The Football Association, Premier League, EFL and Barclays FA Women's Super League and FA Women's Championship collectively agree to postpone the professional game in England until 3 April at the earliest.
FOOTBALL: The remainder of the Scottish football season is postponed indefinitely.
FOOTBALL: Domestic football at all levels in Wales is suspended until at least 4 April due to coronavirus.
FOOTBALL: The men's and women's Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, scheduled for 25-31 March, are postponed.
FOOTBALL: Bournemouth goalkeeper Artur Boruc and four first-team staff self-isolate after showing symptoms of the virus.
FOOTBALL: Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi tests positive for coronavirus and Chelsea men's team squad are self-isolating.
FOOTBALL: Everton's first-team squad and coaching staff self-isolate after a first-team player shows symptoms of the virus.
FOOTBALL: Uefa suspends all football competitions due to be played on 17 and 18 March.
FOOTBALL: French football's governing body suspends all Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 matches.
FORMULA 1: The start of the season is suspended with the Bahrain and Vietnam Grands Prix, due to be held in March and April, called off.
GOLF: The Masters, scheduled to start on 9 April, is postponed.
GOLF: The Players Championship in Florida is cancelled after one round, with PGA Tour suspending all play until 2 April.
ICE HOCKEY: Elite League cancels all matches with immediate effect.
MOTORSPORT: Formula E is suspended for two months, affecting races in Paris, Seoul and Jakarta.
RUGBY LEAGUE: Leeds Rhinos postpone Super League game against Catalans Dragons on Saturday after a player shows symptoms of coronavirus.
RUGBY UNION: French rugby federation suspends all competitions until further notice.
RUGBY UNION: Saturday's Six Nations match between Wales and Scotland is postponed.
SQUASH: PSA tour suspended until end of April.

+Quote this post
coi
post Mar 13 2020, 11:33 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
Interestingly most National League fixtures tomorrow are still going ahead.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Mar 14 2020, 10:41 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
Euros are looking most likely to be postponed till 2021, this will have an effect by delaying Women's Euro competition which will be held Summer 2022. The Quatar competition will still go ahead later in the year (November) as planned so far. Qualifications could be a bit of a pain though.

https://apnews.com/ec7c6243935d73d430cc400866582a5f

The sporting programme is beginning to look a bit of a mess for domestic, European etc etc

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Mar 14 2020, 01:04 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Yup this is absolutely unprecedented for the Sporting world, being likened to the wartime. So many unanswered questions, I think Qatar might be ok just purely because of the fact it's in the winter. But the knock on effects will reverberate for years possibly decades to come.

This post has been edited by Dobbo: Mar 14 2020, 01:04 PM

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Mar 14 2020, 03:21 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
QUOTE(Dobbo @ Mar 14 2020, 01:04 PM) *
Yup this is absolutely unprecedented for the Sporting world, being likened to the wartime. So many unanswered questions, I think Qatar might be ok just purely because of the fact it's in the winter. But the knock on effects will reverberate for years possibly decades to come.

Lucky we are in Qatar that year, could have been a different story. I should imagine the next UEFA comp will be back on track for 2024 some how (for the qualifications to be played out before hand) otherwise they be clashing with the women's.

I was really looking forward to this year's Euro. I guess it won't be too long for the World Cup the following year in Qatar laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 15 2020, 03:28 AM
Post #37
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
I’ve seen so many theories but right now it seems as though people are confident that in 2-3 months things will be ok again. Let’s be honest the Euros are going to get postponed which is the sensible thing to do right now. I’ve seen the idea that they go to 2021 and also that they get played in December this year.

I have a feeling that the domestic season will probably finish in the summer and we will then adjust the 20-21 and 21-22 seasons to fit in the same timeline with the 2022 World Cup. That’s what I think is the most sensible answer right now, the domestic season has to be finished and I am sure it will be, it’s just when it finishes that is the main thing...

As for the Olympics? Got to be postponed surely.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post Mar 15 2020, 04:54 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725
If Karen Brady has her way then the season will be null and void. Two things that are virtually guaranteed to happen though are that the Euros wont take place this year and at least 3 English football teams are not going to be happy with the final outcome.

I read an article which said that Jermaine Jenas thinks the cup competitions should be axed to make way for the Premier League season to finish, in my opinion of all the scenarios I've heard/read that is the worst. The league might be the most regularly featured component of a season but it is outnumbered by the other competitions so if those other competitions get voided then you might as well void everything and just restart again.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 15 2020, 10:29 AM
Post #39
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Houdini @ Mar 15 2020, 04:54 AM) *
If Karen Brady has her way then the season will be null and void. Two things that are virtually guaranteed to happen though are that the Euros wont take place this year and at least 3 English football teams are not going to be happy with the final outcome.
I read an article which said that Jermaine Jenas thinks the cup competitions should be axed to make way for the Premier League season to finish, in my opinion of all the scenarios I've heard/read that is the worst. The league might be the most regularly featured component of a season but it is outnumbered by the other competitions so if those other competitions get voided then you might as well void everything and just restart again.

Karen Brady wants the season stopped so West Ham don’t get in to a relegation battle laugh.gif Let’s be honest the league is not getting voided, we’ve played 75% of the games. The likelihood is it will get finished during the summer. I don’t see any point in starting a new league until you complete the old one and regardless of how much anyone hates Liverpool it would be a complete travesty not to award Liverpool the league title. Luckily from what I’ve read it seems all clubs privately are in agreeance if the league is cancelled then Liverpool should be champions as there’s no way Liverpool don’t collect those 6 points they need.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Mar 15 2020, 10:35 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I don't think anyone would begrudge pool against winning the league (tho there would always be banter about how they didn't 'actually' win it) but the big problem is the top 4/5 battle and particularly relegation. That game in hand villa have causes the most headaches in that regard!

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:35 PM