BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ellie to miss the top 40 for the first time since 2011
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brightest Blue
post 28th March 2020, 05:12 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

Seeing as Worry About Me officially left the top 100 this week, it’s incredibly likely that it’ll miss the top 40. The last time an Ellie single missed the top 40 was ‘Lights’ in 2011, almost a decade ago.

Do you think she should just pack her bag and go back to her roots? Should she keep trying? Discuss
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 28th March 2020, 05:19 PM
Post #2
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

100% go back to her roots. The public would be on board as they buy into what Ellie brings that only she can bring. However from Close To Me onwards anyone could have been singing her songs, these aren't strong enough to draw in casual listeners in the thousands but completely alienate her current fanbase.

I reckon she is one strong era away from a complete comeback. I don't think public support for her is completely gone, just her material.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 28th March 2020, 07:54 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Lights missed the top 40 here yet went onto almost to go to #1 in the US.

I can’t see the same happening here like but I do think it has potential still to take off in a small way.
I’d definitely love her to go back to the sound of her first two eras though and steer clear of the features too. Close To Me, Sixteen, Hate Me and now Worry About Me all just feel so faceless. You’d think she was an artist in her debut era still trying to find her lane. She’s went backwards for me tbh. Still Falling for you was the last thing she released I actively liked.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 28th March 2020, 07:56 PM

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 28th March 2020, 10:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Imagine a world where Ellie comes back with proper Ellie music and unexpectedly smashes. one can dream

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 09:58 AM