BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nintendo Switch, March 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
bpdbryan
post Jun 17 2020, 10:01 PM
Post #121
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,938
Another Pokemon announcement is coming next week... lots of speculation for Let’s Go Johto
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 18 2020, 12:25 AM
Post #122
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
They can shove the worst iteration of the series paired with the worst region and fully keep it, I just want Sinnoh remakes sad.gif I don't think they'll do that this year alongside the SwSh DLC tho

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Jun 18 2020, 12:51 AM
Post #123
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
I’d love Let’s Go for Johto tbh, if anything just to give some more love for the most underrated region

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 20 2020, 03:07 PM
Post #124
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
I think it will be Let's Go Johto, but I'd prefer Sinnoh remakes. Either way I'll play both laugh.gif

I wonder who they'd have on the box art for the Johto games? (if they don't go for the legendaries for a 3rd time lol)

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Jun 20 2020, 05:22 PM
Post #125
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
Let’s Go Johto will surely be Marill and Togepi right? Other possible Pokémon could be Aipom, Tyrogue, Mareep, Pichu (hopefully not) or Sentret, or have Let’s Go Elekid & Lets Go Magby. But then the Eevee & Pikachu couldn’t evolve in the Kanto games so Let’s Go Umbreon/Espeon for retro GameCube vibes

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Jun 22 2020, 02:21 PM
Post #126
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
I recently got a game titled “51 Worldwide Games” for Switch, it’s basically a collection of classic card games, board games and arcade games with local and online modes. I had a similar game long ago for the Nintendo DS called “42 All Time Classics” which was the same sort of thing but without online modes. It’s a good way to introduce you to the rules of games that have been around for decades. I’ve become hooked on playing Yacht Dice which is basically yahtzee which I never played before until now! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jun 22 2020, 07:08 PM
Post #127
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
I got that too, having spent hours playing 42-All Time Classics in the late 00s. It's a really solid collection, I've spent a lot of time playing Draughts and Connect 4 (both of which I used to love as a child) and the bowling game is also quite enjoyable. Still need to check out over 50% of the games on here though, you certainly get a lot for the money.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jun 24 2020, 06:13 PM
Post #128
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I bought it a week or two ago as well, after being unsure how many games there would be that I'd be interested in and by how good the multiplayer would be with only one console. I've been rather impressed and think it's well worth the money, I've enjoyed playing the various Solitaire games on my own and liked learning Mancala, Yacht Dice, Nine Men's Morris and Hare and Hounds with the other half. Have tried and liked just under half the games so far I think, the only one I've played and thought is a bit rubbish in video game format is Ludo.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jun 24 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #129
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I just looked at this but I must admit I was expecting it to be under £10 or something so got quite a shock when it was over £30. I guess it's still not too bad per game but it didn't feel like an almost full price game to me.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Jun 24 2020, 09:19 PM
Post #130
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
QUOTE(dandy* @ Jun 24 2020, 07:46 PM) *
I just looked at this but I must admit I was expecting it to be under £10 or something so got quite a shock when it was over £30. I guess it's still not too bad per game but it didn't feel like an almost full price game to me.

I managed to get it for £26.99 online as it was on my daily hotukdeals email and I decided to go for it having played the free demo beforehand.

I’ve played it a lot during the week, but I do have a couple of disappointments. I wish that there was more of a single player mode to score as many points to get to the next level, similar to Stamp Mode used to be on the “42 All Time Classics” game for DS. I just feel like playing with no objective other than winning the game as a single player is not fulfilling enough, that’s why I’m generally opting for online games to challenge me, but it would have been nice to have a chat feature and a more friendly online experience.

Other than that I’m very happy to be learning the rules to some games I’ve never played before so that’s been a plus.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 25 2020, 09:07 AM
Post #131
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Dead at them making a fuss over yday's Pokemon Presents as if it was gonna be something proper and it just ended up being a Pokemon League Of Legends clone looooooool

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Jun 25 2020, 04:20 PM
Post #132
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 25 2020, 05:07 PM) *
Dead at them making a fuss over yday's Pokemon Presents as if it was gonna be something proper and it just ended up being a Pokemon League Of Legends clone looooooool

LITERALLY

Annoyed me tbh I was expecting Let's Go Johto so much, especially after the hints in Isle of Armour

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 25 2020, 05:55 PM
Post #133
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
QUOTE(Dexton @ Jun 25 2020, 05:20 PM) *
LITERALLY

Annoyed me tbh I was expecting Let's Go Johto so much, especially after the hints in Isle of Armour

I was reading a theory that Tencent probably made them give it its own announcement, which sounds about right laugh.gif

I was very disappointed, but I'll probably give it a go as I like similar games.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Aug 16 2020, 08:24 PM
Post #134
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
I bought Ring Fit Adventure about two weeks ago but haven't played it yet due to the HEAT. Hope to be getting into it the coming week. I should've bought it earlier in corona times actually when there was really no way to be getting a decent exercise, but alas.

I still play AC daily to check up on visitors.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Sep 20 2020, 11:39 AM
Post #135
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Just finished Luigi’s Mansion 3. A brilliant game. I’ve also bought Avicii Infector - Encore Edition. If you liked Guitar Hero or Amplitude then you’ll love this!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Sep 20 2020, 12:09 PM
Post #136
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
I am guilty of not playing Animal Crossing at all since like May kink.gif Non-stop play for weeks then silence, Pokémon Sword had a similar effect on me. Luigi’s Mansion 3 seemed like a fun game but I struggled to get into it at the beginning, I do need to give it another try

I bought Super Mario 3D Allstars as I had 1/2 of a game voucher left to use and it seems good so far, maybe not entirely what I was expecting but it’s fun. I do wish there was more of a co-op aspect to the games though (particularly Galaxy as it does have co-op but a very poor amount). I get that was how the OG games were but adding the option of a second player would go a long way. Me and my girlfriend enjoy playing games together but there isn’t many equal co-op games to play on the Switch when you really look. Plenty of games list 1-2 or 1-4 players but then you actually start playing and the only multiplayer capabilities it really has are a small handful of mini games on the main screen where story etc. remains singleplayer.

+Quote this post
JSG
post Sep 20 2020, 06:10 PM
Post #137
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
QUOTE(Dexton @ Sep 20 2020, 01:09 PM) *
I am guilty of not playing Animal Crossing at all since like May kink.gif Non-stop play for weeks then silence, Pokémon Sword had a similar effect on me. Luigi’s Mansion 3 seemed like a fun game but I struggled to get into it at the beginning, I do need to give it another try

I bought Super Mario 3D Allstars as I had 1/2 of a game voucher left to use and it seems good so far, maybe not entirely what I was expecting but it’s fun. I do wish there was more of a co-op aspect to the games though (particularly Galaxy as it does have co-op but a very poor amount). I get that was how the OG games were but adding the option of a second player would go a long way. Me and my girlfriend enjoy playing games together but there isn’t many equal co-op games to play on the Switch when you really look. Plenty of games list 1-2 or 1-4 players but then you actually start playing and the only multiplayer capabilities it really has are a small handful of mini games on the main screen where story etc. remains singleplayer.

I stopped playing Animal.Crossing as well. I just got bored in the end, and I've upgraded from a Switch Lite to a normal switch so I've lost my island lol. My bf tried to get me Ring For for my birthday but as it was sold out in the UK he got it from Spain, but it was damaged in transit so Amazon refused to deliver it and refunded the purchase. Absolutely raging 😂😂 I'm excited for Rollercoaster Tycoon complete edition which comes out on Thursday. Whoo!

+Quote this post
JSG
post Sep 20 2020, 06:10 PM
Post #138
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
Oops. Double post

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post Apr 30 2022, 02:08 AM
Post #139
Group icon
---
User: 17,418
Picked up Nintendo Switch Sports yesterday.

Bowling still remains the greatest part of the Wii/Nintendo Switch
Sports games.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Jun 27 2022, 08:12 PM
Post #140
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245
Me and my fam used to be obsessed with Wii Sports for the WiiU.
How is this one? Bowling and Tennis were always so much fun.

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:18 PM