BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> One Direction to take a break in 2016, Confirmed by Niall
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Maz!
post 23rd August 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,217

ONE Direction will disband in March, The Sun can reveal.

Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan have mutually agreed to an extended hiatus of at least a year to pursue solo projects.

The lads made the decision not to tour again at a meeting in London last weekend.

The world’s most successful band will NOT launch a tour to support their fifth album, a move likely to devastate their millions of fans around the world.

That means their last full concert will be at Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield on October 31.

Last night a 1D source said: “The guys have been together for five years, which is an incredible run for any boyband.

“They fully deserve to have at least a year to work on their own projects. There is absolutely no bad blood between them and they are all 100 per cent behind the decision.

“It is definitely not a split and they fully intend to get back together at some time in the future.

“But for now it is the end and they go out on top as the world’s most popular music act.”

1D’s new album, which insiders say is their best yet, will be released in time for the lucrative Christmas market.

They are likely to make a host of TV appearances and performances before the end of the year to promote the release.

There will be a break over the festive season before the group come back together to fulfil the rest of their promotional commitments for record label Syco in February.

The insider explained: “Simon Cowell and his team at Syco couldn’t be more excited about the album.

“They believe there are at least three smash hit songs and they’ve got the boys to stay together for a few weeks beyond the end of the year to make the album a huge success.

“But there was a meeting recently where it was agreed there would be no tour for the album.

“That was a big call because it means come March, Harry, Liam, Louis and Niall will be free agents for the first time in five years.”

The departure of Zayn Malik from the band in March is not behind the decision.

The insider insisted: “This was the plan with or without Zayn. In fact, the band have been making amazing music and been incredibly happy without Zayn.

“Of course they would have preferred that he had stayed in the band, but they would have taken this extended hiatus even if he hadn’t left.”

They are expected to go in very different directions, with negotiations about their individual futures set to begin in earnest in the coming weeks.

Sony bosses are desperate to sign Harry, 21, who is most likely to become the breakout solo star.

But band sources say he is also considering lucrative offers to launch a Hollywood acting career.

Irishman Niall, 21, is also believed to be interested in releasing his own music and was recently writing with friend Justin Bieber.

Liam, 21, has made it clear he doesn’t harbour solo ambitions and wants to concentrate on his growing songwriting, producing and DJ career.

Business-minded Louis, 23, is setting up his own record company within Syco and is likely to take a role on next year’s X Factor.

The 1D source said: “All the boys have a massive amount of options available to them. It’s an exciting time because for the last five years they’ve always put the band first.

“Sony definitely want to secure a solo record from Harry. He has been building up to this moment for a long time and there is also a lot of interest in him from Hollywood.

“But they’re all going to be successful in their own right. They have the best contacts and a massive fanbase.”

The insider added: “Louis is very much in contention to be a judge on X Factor next year.

“It would be a real coup for the show to sign a member of the band and it’s definitely something he is interested in doing.

“But this year the band’s touring schedule simply didn’t allow for it.”

One Direction have sold more than 50 million records and have more than 91 number ones across the globe.

They were the second highest selling music act in the world last year, shiftng 3.2 million albums, only topped by Taylor Swift.

But they make the most money from touring, having performed to more than 7.5 million people. They have each amassed a £25million fortune.

OMMENT By DAN WOOTTON, Head of Showbiz

THIS is the worst possible news for Directioners – 1D’s millions of diehard fans who want the band to stay together forever.

But the reality is that after five years working non stop and achieving unprecedented global success, something eventually had to give.

During that time, they’ve gone from teenage schoolboys to young men, with Louis soon to become a dad.

The good news is that, unlike many other band break-ups, the four remaining members do not hate each other.

That leaves the door open for a possible reunion in a couple of years.

Not all boy band breaks have to be forever – just ask Take That or Boyzone.

But March next year will definitely be the end of 1D as we know it.

My hunch is that they’ll all be mightily successful in their own right.

Harry is a music superstar in the making, Liam and Niall have become brilliant songwriters, and Louis’ ambition and business acumen is impressive.

It will be exciting to see what they do next.

They are talking about a meeting in London last week but Niall wasn't even in the UK last week.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 23rd August 2015, 08:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
It's all a bit THERE WILL DEFINITELY BE A NEW GIRLS ALOUD ALBUM IN 2010 ;o

+Quote this post
Calum
Post #3
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316
If there's any truth in this, I really can't say it comes as a surprise. With one member leaving, no matter who it was really, I'd always have suspected they'd continue for another album and then go off and do their own things.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
Post #4
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Blimey ohmy.gif

I hope they do come back soon enough. I'm still waiting for the Saturdays and N-Dubz to make a comeback sleep.gif

This post has been edited by 'SPADZ' tho :/: 23rd August 2015, 08:17 PM

+Quote this post
Maz!
post 23rd August 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,217
This is all Spice Girls Forever era all over again btw unsure.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 23rd August 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #6
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
Sounds.... like rubbish to me so far? I'll wait for an official statement before believing it.

Besides, I don't believe Simon wouldn't want to cash in on a goodbye tour and greatest hits tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 23rd August 2015, 08:38 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
I did think this would be their last album, but I thought they'd split up maybe after a summer Greatest Hits or something.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 23rd August 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #8
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300
http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/one-direc...irection-split/

Well the source is The Sun so probably not but still.

+Quote this post
randomfurlong
post 23rd August 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #9
Group icon
musing
User: 13,969
QUOTE(Maurice Horan @ Aug 23 2015, 09:11 PM) *

They are talking about a meeting in London last week but Niall wasn't even in the UK last week.

People have meetings using Skype etc. all the time, it's standard practice these days. (Obviously you'd prefer them to have been in a room together discussing it, but life isn't perfect.)

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 23rd August 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #10
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
I'm not surprised tbh.

Who will replace them? There's not much boybands anymore which makes a change with two girlbands!

+Quote this post
Mark.
post 23rd August 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,928

This post has been edited by top40chartsuk: 25th August 2015, 12:15 PM

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 23rd August 2015, 08:46 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
It's about time!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 23rd August 2015, 08:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
I heard Rooney was the first caller.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 23rd August 2015, 08:47 PM
Post #14
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
This can't be for real cry.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 23rd August 2015, 08:48 PM
Post #15
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
If this true then I need to have a party tonight....

+Quote this post
Cameron
Post #16
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
The Wanted will suddenly announce a reunion laugh.gif

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
Post #17
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548
Lolbye bitches

+Quote this post
Mark.
post 23rd August 2015, 08:49 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,928
Not all that surprising, they've been working their arses off for years without a break...and it was bound to happen eventually.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 23rd August 2015, 08:56 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
QUOTE(LeeWallace @ Aug 23 2015, 09:44 PM) *
I'm not surprised tbh.

Who will replace them? There's not much boybands anymore which makes a change with two girlbands!

5SOS seem to be doing so. They're not half as good though :/

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 23rd August 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #20
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Dan Wooton is usually glued up.

Is anyone really surprised? I thought this was common knowledge. They had a 5 album contract. I dare say they might release a Greatest Hits next year, although it depends on what SyCo have planned really.

They all want to do something different, and who can blame them really. Think when they go on "hitaus" that will be it really, I can't see them getting back together again.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:19 AM