BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Butterfly (demo)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
tommie
post 11th June 2019, 05:53 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Medellíam @ Jun 10 2019, 04:50 PM) *
I'd have liked a Spring 2001 single and if it couldn't be 'Your Disco Needs You' then I think 'Butterfly' would have been a great choice. It certainly packs a punch and a video had the potential to be fantastic. We know the clubs loved it so I think it would have been wise to capitalise on that. It's often felt like Kylie's team, whoever they were, were hesitant to push her club potential, like during the Let's Get To It and Impossible Princess where they favoured the more chart/radio-friendly tracks.

There's only room for one clubby Minogue and that ain't Kylie pirate.gif

I can't really argue against any of the single choices from Light Years to be honest - while I only really like Spinning Around (and I guess Your Disco Needs You, if that counts) I can see why they were chosen, even Please Stay which gets a lot of flack. They clearly didn't want to go too far with the "camp" angle, probably being too afraid that radio might've dropped her again at that point. It was, after all, a small miracle that radio actually accepted Kylie back in after she started to look like a S/A/W factory has-been.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 11th June 2019, 09:08 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

The singles did what they needed to do and made kylie relevant again and got her back to number 1. It just so happens these singles came from her greatest album which was packed with single choices.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 11th June 2019, 01:34 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Light Years sums up Kylie perfectly and it was the style of album Kylie did to perfection.
As far as comebacks go Kylie really couldn't have got it any better and Fever was the natural progression in sound which ultimately capitalized on the success and renewed interest in Kylie.
Light Years was packed with potential singles and there likely was a good opportunity to go for 5th single that if marketed correctly would have went Top 10.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 11th June 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I've drifted more towards the opinion in recent times that 'Disco Down' could have perhaps been a single instead of 'Please Stay', over time I feel like that's generally gone down as one of her most 'non-entity'/forgettable singles in her discography.

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: 11th June 2019, 03:55 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post 11th June 2019, 04:11 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Please Stay has the non entity tag.
Disco Down, if given 4th single treatment with Santa Baby as the b side would have worked and would have delivered a more successful and remembered 4th single.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 12th June 2019, 09:02 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Disco down def would have been better than please stay and I think it would have done better than please stay and also could have had Santa baby as the b side,I'm not a Santa baby fan but it has done well for kylie.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 12th June 2019, 01:43 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

Light years is overall her best Parlophone album in my view. Spinning around and on a night like this we’re strong singles but I’ve never liked kids but it performed well reaching no2. Please stay was a poor choice of 4th single though. Butterfly or Light Years would have served Kylie better.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 12th June 2019, 02:21 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I enjoy Kids and releasing a Robbie Williams duet was the right decision at that time.
It was also 3 Top 2 hits back to back although Kids was expected my many to go all the way to Number 1.
Kylie over uses the song now on tour as i think she could give some of her other duets more airtime.
Butterfly and Light Years would have served better than Please Stay as would the divine Disco Down.
Any of the 3 may possibly have helped sell more copies of Light Years.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 12th June 2019, 03:48 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

'Kids' is extremely pointless when she performs it on tour and I wish she'd stop.

The whole point of the song is the sexual tension/chemistry between her and Robbie, just singing it and leaving the backing singers to do Robbie's parts is redundant (and if she insists on performing it, should bring out a special guest each time).

+Quote this post
pippa
post 12th June 2019, 04:00 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The Bono duet worked with Kids but many of the others were pointless as are the solo renditions.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 12th June 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jun 12 2019, 04:48 PM) *
'Kids' is extremely pointless when she performs it on tour and I wish she'd stop.

The whole point of the song is the sexual tension/chemistry between her and Robbie, just singing it and leaving the backing singers to do Robbie's parts is redundant (and if she insists on performing it, should bring out a special guest each time).

I think ‘Kids’ is really the only Kylie song I absolutely hate - I know lots of fans that dislike it too but Kylie seems insistent on wheeling it out on every tour sick2.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 12th June 2019, 07:08 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jun 12 2019, 04:48 PM) *

Agreed. I like the song but it only works with Robbie because their chemistry is the main selling point. I know it's considered a song that appeals to the casual fans but it was perhaps the only moment that fell flat when I saw her on the Golden Tour. If she brought a special guest out, maybe it would work.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 12th June 2019, 08:59 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

If the song was given a break on the tour it could possibly be more enjoyable on future tours.
It however is highly likely to get performed on the Glastonbury set.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 12th June 2019, 10:40 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

It will def get performed, she might try and bag robbie for the duet.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 13th June 2019, 09:57 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Jun 12 2019, 11:40 PM) *
It will def get performed, she might try and bag robbie for the duet.

Yes I think ‘Kids’ getting performed at Glastonbury is a given nocheer.gif Although I dislike it I think it will go down really well with the crowd (especially is she wheeled out Robbie or Bono to join her).

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 14th June 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Crowd will love it as outside her fan base I think the song us popular.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:32 PM