BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway 2016, return of ant and dec, it can only mean 1 thing..
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post 20th February 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494

i'll start posting my reviews again.

i did it last year, and really enjoyed it

2 hours to go.. and my saturday night is sorted!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 20th February 2016, 04:37 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Always enjoy a bit of Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway!

Welcome back bipolar angel! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 20th February 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

it's good to be back for my regular posts about ant and dec

i did well last year if i do say so myself- only missed out 1 saturday (but did that on the sunday)

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 20th February 2016, 08:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

well here we go with the first review of the 2016 series! (tries to remain excited, though she thought the show was rubbish)

okay so

the features we had this week were:

the game at the beginning (okay, so it wasn't a game. but i've gone through this before). the game at the beginning is a feature)

win the ads

undercover

sing along live

ant v dec

guest anouncer:
michael Sheen

so the first thing i noticed about the new series was the lack of the super computer for win the ads

they have a new system now (the fickle finger of fate)

also the new sofa game, where people have to find the special sofas hidden throughout the UK so they can sit in the best seats in the house (this is going to get annoying!. i don't really care!)

in the first half, their was a...... game?. (kind of?), called, i know what you did last summer- which was some girl called victoria watching clips of her mom and dad following her where ever she went on vacation

it ended with a marrage proposal

so that was that. not much to say their. if i'm honest, it was pretty low standard for an ant and dec game

next to undercover, where they surprised star of gavin and stacy (and a new late show in america), james Corden.

it involved them trying to make him late for his show, and then making him think that someone died in his studio

this would have been good, if it wasn't for the first part resembling, " i'm a celebrity, get out of my ear", 2 individual features... i didn't like them being mixed. makes me wonder if the latter is actually coming back as an individual feature?. (it was in the advert for the new series, so i asume so)

as for sing along live, wet wet wet were the singers- and they sang love is all around. (true saturday classic, not!)

for ant v dec, they had a new host!. no longer is it, " the charming ashley robberts" (that dating thing was so lame!)

the new host is ssteven mulhurn (who i've liked ever since pick me!)

they had to do a human packman- and dec won. (go dec!)

the rest of the show was made up of win the ads (which were won), the end of the show show (the vamps), and the new prize draw- a cruise on the britania!

the last show of the series is going to be broadcast live from the deck of the ship.

highlights: ant versus ded

win the ads

bits that could have been improved on:

all the rest (no, seriously!)

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 21st February 2016, 08:46 AM
Post #5
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Some of the features are a bit tiring although I did enjoy the Undercover slot.

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 21st February 2016, 09:46 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Mack @ Feb 21 2016, 08:46 AM) *
Some of the features are a bit tiring although I did enjoy the Undercover slot.

which features do you think are tiring?

curious to see what you think, as i know some features bore me too

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 21st February 2016, 10:44 AM
Post #7
Group icon

That game they do with a member of the audience at the beginning like last night she didn't know her Mum and Dad where she visited countries.

Where's the bit on 'Win The Ads' when there was a super computer and then Dec would say 'Computer stop' and also 'Grab The Ads'.

And also the singalong live and the end of the show show just a bit cheesy for me, sorry.

In its heyday it was the best show on a Saturday night just beginning to decline from what I saw last night.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 21st February 2016, 11:05 AM
Post #8
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Its definitely not as good as it was previously but I did enjoy most of it last night, particularly the prank on James Cordon and I lived the Pacman game. I think the Best Seats in the House segment was a waste of time (especially for those who were actually waiting on the sofas laugh.gif) and the End of the Show Show was a bit dull.

I need more Little Ant & Dec. sad.gif

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 21st February 2016, 02:04 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Mack @ Feb 21 2016, 10:44 AM) *
That game they do with a member of the audience at the beginning like last night she didn't know her Mum and Dad where she visited countries.

Where's the bit on 'Win The Ads' when there was a super computer and then Dec would say 'Computer stop' and also 'Grab The Ads'.

And also the singalong live and the end of the show show just a bit cheesy for me, sorry.

In its heyday it was the best show on a Saturday night just beginning to decline from what I saw last night.

you don't need to apologize for not liking all of the show, i too think the game at the start was rubbish (comparing it to the chase, or the downton abby game of last year)

i think you're right too about the simple things.

where ant and dec say grab the ads and they had the super computer.. that was great!. and you know, with them giving away a cruise this year they could have kept up the tradition of leaving it in the mall, and letting people tgo their to impress it with their tallents.

i liked the little song they sang too. " it's the super computer", so cute.

this year's sofa game is just not good. thousands, and thousands of people are going to show up to it each week and... well, just don't get me started.

if they only choose 1 person each week, well, that's so many fans that are not going to stand a chance- where with the super computer, people got more of a chance at going

i should add that 1 of my friends just told me her sister won a place on the cruise. so happy for her

what are the chances

+Quote this post
mdh
post 21st February 2016, 06:13 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

was OK, still liking Win The Ads, some of it was a tad dull though.

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 27th February 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

here we go, with the ant and dec's takeaway review of this week:

guest announcer- lee mac

the features were

game at the start

sing along live

win the ads

the end of the show show

i'm a celebrity, get out of my ear!

who shot simon cowell?

secret sofas/ the best seats in the house

tonight's show, started off a little diffrently to most shows.

for starters, it ran a little late because of the rugby- so their was no time for a little introduction backstage, it was straight to the titles!

after lee mac introduced the show and said what was coming up, their was a performance by brian adams (still really good!). i've always loved brian adams. he just has so much energy.

the game at the start was based on corination street, though to be perfectly honest, it reminded me of a game they did last year... people came in to the pub to tell stories of stuff that andria (the girl playing) had done, and then antonia the barmaid (ant) would say a bit more.

only thing diffrent about this and last year's version, is that i believe, that last year, they actually had to say to the cameras themselves they done it.

she won a place on the cruise though, and that was good.

i'm a celebrity get out of my ear!, returned tonight with Gino D'Acampo as the celebrity.

it was hilarious, they pretended he was running a cooking master class, and some of the stuff they made him say... if you missed it, you need to watch it. it was very funnny.

as for sing along live, brian adams was back- and this time he let ant and dec choose what song he did.

they chose summer of 69 (which was actually weird, because beforehand i had a feeling he'd sing that song!)

1 of the people in sing along live they tried to surprise was actually in the audience, so they got the nan to take part in sted!

it was fun, and a real good sing along (even i find myself singing to that song). brings back happy memories.

the contestant selected for win the ads was fun, and was very confused at the start (or at least that's the impression she gave)

she was also inteligent, and answered 2 questions right before she even got the multiple choice answers

she got 6 prizes, gambled and won the lot (so later i'll be posting in my other thread in the lounge that i now know the largest family in britain has 19 children!)

the funny thing about win the ads this week, is that they didn't do it at the end of the show- they did it after sing along live.

who shot simon cowell is actually quite funny, and looks promising (see the news report from ITV!).

the end of the show show was little mix (so someone i actually know in that slot). rather, a group of people.

highlights:

sing along live

win the ads (fastly becoming the best part of the show for me!)

who shot simon cowell

the end of the show show (just for having someone i know)

the bad parts were the game at the start, the secret sofa part, and the best seats in the house

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 28th February 2016, 01:23 AM
Post #12
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

"Who Shot Simon Cowell?" and "I'm a Celebrity...Get Out of My Ear" were both huge highlights, I was laughing a lot throughout them! The game at the beginning was quite fun I guess, and I enjoyed "Singalong Live" more than normal tonight so that's good.

Loving the reviews too bipolar angel, keep them up!

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 28th February 2016, 10:47 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Feb 28 2016, 01:23 AM) *
"Who Shot Simon Cowell?" and "I'm a Celebrity...Get Out of My Ear" were both huge highlights, I was laughing a lot throughout them! The game at the beginning was quite fun I guess, and I enjoyed "Singalong Live" more than normal tonight so that's good.

Loving the reviews too bipolar angel, keep them up!

thanks

and i certainly will. i enjoy doing it

it's good to be able to contribute to something i enjoy and feel passionate about.

really glad you enjoy them

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 28th February 2016, 11:48 AM
Post #14
Group icon

Nearly split my tea out when Little Mix did that reveal from their gowns.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 29th February 2016, 03:53 PM
Post #15
Group icon

Did not enjoy the first bit with that Rover Returns based game. So the woman gets a holiday even though she lied about what was wrong with her just so that she could have more time off.

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 2nd March 2016, 09:58 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

just a heads up:

on saturday's takeaway, ant and dec will be surprising bear grills undercover

i've been thinking about this. wondering how they'll do it, but i've come to the conclusion i'll just have to find out

i can't work out how a survival expert could be tricked without having to go to some exotic location

it's either going to be really rubbish, or it's going to be something i've not thought of

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 5th March 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

yep... the end of another week, time for another takeaway review!

this week on saturday night takeaway:

guest announcer- kate Hudson
features were:

audience surprise ( it's what they called the game at the beginning in the US version, and it's not been a game lately, so i'll call it that too)

undercover

best seats in the house/ secret sofas/ cabin on the cruise

who shot simon cowell?

ant v dec

win the ads

the end of the show show

so the show started again without any backstage introduction, straight to the guest announcer (i miss those introductions. they are funny!)

their was a performance by jess Glynne, and afterwards ant and dec introduced the audience surprise- a whole family coming up to the front to watch their mother in various videos.

it ended like it always does.. they all got a holiday

in undercover, ant and dec surprised bear grills

fun fact about tonight's undercover: it was the first time in the history of undercover where the boys didn't dress up to face their victim.

the place where they chose to do it had the unusual feature of having a pitch black dineing room.

good to watch, even if it's not what i expected

bear grills surprised them at the end by bringing in maggots for revenge.

the happiest minit (7 26) saw ant and dec give tickets to the cruise to as many mothers as possible.

ant v dec.. they had to sing along to songs- but fill in the missing words. they sang with the original singers too, with the words on the screen (think sing along live without the money or people at home singing).

it was. it was just like sing along live. it annoyed the hell out of me- because i love sing along live as a stand alone feature, and i just felt it got ruined by it being in another part of the show.

anyway, the songs were:

life is a roler coaster

don't go breaking my heart

when you're gone

dec won by 1 point.

next up was who shot simon cowell. this week, it featured david Walliams (it was nice to see him revive some of his stuff from little britain)

then they told the audience who would be in the special seats next week (and the daughter almost went missing but they found her!)

it was like this- they said they couldn't find the daughter and they'd have to come back, but just as they were about to go back to the show they found her

win the ads was interesting tonight, the girl playing answered 8 questions (and got half the board)

she'd won the holiday and the car, but chose to play on and won the lot.

(so i now have learnt something else, this year was the 19th world book day)

the end of the show show saw jess glynne return

so

the best parts this week were:

win the ads (well, of course!)

undercover

who shot simon cowell

the bad parts: all the rest of it. (especially sing along live not being where it should be)

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 6th March 2016, 03:49 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

One thing about Saturday Night Takeaway as it feels like every single time they pick a woman to play Win the Ads, there hasn't been a single man this series and I'm sure I noticed the same thing the last couple of series as well. Where's the equality?!!!

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 7th March 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Mar 6 2016, 03:49 PM) *
One thing about Saturday Night Takeaway as it feels like every single time they pick a woman to play Win the Ads, there hasn't been a single man this series and I'm sure I noticed the same thing the last couple of series as well. Where's the equality?!!!

yes, that's a good point.

in fact i think i even mentioned it at some stage in my reviews last year

this weekend, mel B is going to be doing i'm a celebrity, get out of my ear

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 12th March 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

saturday night takeaway week 4:

guest announcer: david tennant

features:

audience surprise

little ant and dec

takeaway photo booth

best seats in the house

cabins on the cruise

win the ads

end of the show show

the show started (with no backstage introduction)

david introduced the show, and also craig david who did a little bit of rapping
ant and dec revealed that half an hour before the show, they have another guy warming up the audience

and that was what the audience surprise was based around- a lady called joanne was called out, who ant and dec were impressed by duering the warm up.

they made it look like she had 2 hugely successfull albums, and a lot of fans (even getting a mention on scott mills radio 1 show)

at the end she had to perform live- bleeding love by leona lewis (she was terrible,). i ended up laughing during the first break- i was laughing at the bad singing.

the secret sofas were diffrent this week. while they still had the 4 secret locations, people had to bring a chair down and if they did it by 7 45, they got their number- and were in with a chance of the best seats in the house.

little ant and dec went to interview the stars of the hunger games. 1 of the funny parts of that, was that they played a game called "the hungry games", where the stars had to guess what food they were eating just by the taste!

it was pork pie and spotted dick.

it was so good to see little ant and dec back

usually, during the cabins on the cruise- they do the happiest minit at 7 26, but this week they had a new game "read my lips", which was actually rather fun.

they chose 3 people who had written in to the show, and they each had a list of things you'd find on a takeaway menu.

it was down to david to read their lips, and for each one he got right, they'd win more.

£200 for the first, £500 for the second, and for 3 a place on the cruise

only 1 place on the cruise was given away to a lady called vera. 1 of them ladies vicky ended up with nothing.

i'm a celebrity, get out of my ear!. featured mel b interviewing dog sitters.

it was okay, not the funniest i've seen

then the takeaway photo booth showed up at thorpe park.

this was fun- they pretended it was a fast pass service (though it's left me wondering how they pulled it off, thorpe is closed for another week still)

i'm guessing it was filmed last year, but it was just never shown.

it was another woman who was chosen to play win the ads.

she got some good prizes- but she actually lost.
first time this series someone didn't get the ads.

end of the show show was craig david again.
a few memories their.. i do remember listening to him as a kid.

so

the highlights for me were:

audience surprise (was funny!)

little ant and dec (those 2 are so cute!)

win the ads (though i felt so sorry for the woman)

end of the show show (still a fan of craig)

read my lips (wonder if that will be a permanent replacement?)

takeaway photo booth

i didn't enjoy get out of my ear as much, and i missed them not doing undercover or sing along live.

even my sister phoned me in 1 of the breaks...

her: " arn't they doing undercover?"

me" apparently not"

both of us" what ashame!"

will be back to do this all again next week

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:29 PM