BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ~diversity~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Qween
post 1st August 2014, 11:47 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
I'd say I'm probably one of the least varied nations in the contest these days, but I was definitely more open to variation back in the days of Vojvodina. It's all basically big chorus pop or pop/dance these days, which is entirely where I am musically right now.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 1st August 2014, 11:55 PM
Post #22
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
i dont think i'm that diverse, but i don't think i'm particularly stale either.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 2nd August 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #23
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
I very much like to stick to pop where I can, it's my main genre of music even outside the contest so the majority of what I've sent has been pop, or not far from it. I've sent a few dance songs too (tyDi/Houseshaker/Topher Jones), and the key with the dance entries seems to be the female vocals kink.gif I do switch the genre of the vocalist up a fair bit, I mostly send females but I've sent Cody Simpson/Ulrik Munther/Michael Schulte/Lewis Watson, despite not having an amazing track record with the male vocal songs I send laugh.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 2nd August 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #24
Group icon
User: 13,007
I like to think my entries are always diverse from month to month mainly because my own tastes are diverse too. Probably only Jai Paul/Ben Khan would be contested for against that because the artists' outputs have been v similar for the most part.

And to prove it, my next entry is the most wacky/diverse I've ever gone and I could not be more excited to unleash it on you all laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Math!
post 2nd August 2014, 01:40 AM
Post #25
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852
Diverse? Never heard of such a thing laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 2nd August 2014, 03:45 AM
Post #26
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Considering my past entries include a song entirely led by distorted sounds and choral vocals, a reggae song, a glockenspiel led song and the Llama song, I like to think so ~

I tend to stick to the electro/indie/left field dance sound more than any other, but I'll always try and mix it up, even if it doesn't always turn out successful (as the above examples show) becoming predictable with sound for me, can be even worse than DNQing

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: 2nd August 2014, 03:48 AM

+Quote this post
p a v
post 2nd August 2014, 06:45 AM
Post #27
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
I sent everything from mainstreamness like Crystal Castles or Tatu or Kele or Shakira or Adele to basic pop like I Bruise Easily to sobby ballads like Snälla snälla or Stockholm to shameless pop sluttiness like Gaby - My Show (still f***ing raging this DNQd mad.gif ) or Xonia - Take The Lead or Sissy That Walk to ambient instrumentals like Ljósið to craziness like A Throne Without a King pt 2 or the infamous Variation of Birds to rnb like The Birds Part 1 or Bo Peep (Do U Right) to indie amazingness like Destroyer or Dreams or Impossible Soul to experimental Sola Fide or Fjøllini standa úti.

so yeah, I think my entries are extremely diverse and I wouldn't change a thing.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 2nd August 2014, 08:11 AM
Post #28
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
Pav 2 kewl 4 skl

+Quote this post
danG
post 2nd August 2014, 08:17 AM
Post #29
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Aug 1 2014, 10:49 PM) *
Thermo, serious question though, as much as I do enjoy some of your dance entries, any plans to send something with not a hint of dance at all? I know it's your home territory but... Posing the same question to Ethanola.

Unlikely. I don't usually go out of my way to look for new unknown indie and/or pop songs. Funny enough though I was planning on sending female rap over a trap beat this month until I decided to do a proper search as the artist in question is a bit cheap (now that I've said this I bet someone's gonna confirm it and pass the veto sleep.gif). And I found a song that I like more so have sent that.

Oh yeah and I was gonna send Emma Hewitt the contest when she won. But before I had the chance to confirm I saw a Hitstastic post complaining about how she'd been taken laugh.gif so found a replacement (Antillas 'Damaged', which unjustly DNQd sleep.gif) and sent that.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 2nd August 2014, 10:07 AM
Post #30
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ Aug 2 2014, 12:11 PM) *
Pav 2 kewl 4 skl

u bitches need to be educated that's why i'm still around~~

+Quote this post
Silas
post 2nd August 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Ashton's diversity currently extends to non-english entries and that's it. We will always be the home of trashy-electro-fem-pop and we're damned proud of that.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 2nd August 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
QUOTE(Conderella @ Aug 2 2014, 11:07 AM) *
u bitches need to be educated that's why i'm still around~~

Professor Pavel, Head of Hoe Studies

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 2nd August 2014, 07:20 PM
Post #33
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
god gaby - my show really should've qualified

+Quote this post
Harve
post 3rd August 2014, 01:38 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718
YES. I don't think any of my entries for the last year sound anything like one another.

I've sent plenty of pure pop (Dive In, Elliphant) when you consider that my actual music taste doesn't tend to include much of it. And Håkan Hellström got my annual Dad-rock entry in.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 28th October 2015, 05:36 PM
Post #35
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Wanted to bump this because I think the overall dynamic of the contest has changed from dance domination to a mix of everything. Hell, even alternative/pseudo-rock has managed to make the top 10/top 5 each month.

Genre-wise, my entries do differ each contest, but there's a certain aspect of each song that shows the "anthemic" aspect of my tastes. My debut seemed more of a "test the waters" type of entry and I think I got the hang of it after a few contests. "Ghosts" was my first pop entry since and it ended up working pretty well smile.gif I honestly think "Savages" was my most inspired.

I also found "Important" to be pretty uninspired when I found out Lee wanted to send it. Look where that led him.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 28th October 2015, 05:43 PM
Post #36
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
i try to be kind of diverse but i'm nowhere near by most standards i think, i think i have become quite stale / obvious these days sad.gif

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 28th October 2015, 06:07 PM
Post #37
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
i reckon mine are quite diverse.. from isa bomb to my grind / ur bitch, ur welcome

+Quote this post
Jade
post 28th October 2015, 06:15 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
My usual style I guess is electronic/indie-pop kinda music so on that basis I guess I've switched it up about twice so far (M+A [pop-disco] and AK & LYNX/Veela [D&B]). Klumzee described our sound as a 'bit vague' which I kinda get. I guess the Jadakissnian 'style' on the whole is dramatic slickly produced affairs (See ONUKA and JJ in particular). So not really oops, perhaps more experimentation and maybe more uptempos in 2k16~

The vocalists of my entrants are mostly female (ONUKA/Muhsinah/Veela/Elin of JJ) as aside from that I've only strayed once to fully male (M+A) and a bit of both (Last Lynx).

Though some diverse nationalities I guess! Swedish/Belgian/Canadian/Ukrainian/Russian/Italian/American/British I think so far!

I guess just the six main entries isn't that much to go off anyway. I'd say my spinoff entries are much more varied but then again those have themes attached to them. But I've sent pop, instrumental, electronic, trance and witch house shortly as well so I appear to like switching it up a bit more for spinoffs!

This post has been edited by Jade-o-Lantern: 28th October 2015, 06:34 PM

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 28th October 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #39
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
bre my love have u actually got a list of my previous entries? I don't track this kinda stuff x

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 28th October 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #40
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
Idk, I wanted to have a kind of signature sound for Taahino, Rock being my fave I always thought I'd just go with that and it's various branches but I've not been very successful doing that laugh.gif I think KYKO has been our most non-rocky entry but that didn't do too well either, it's difficult to judge the kind of genres that do well, I don't see any of my potentials as safe options or definite qualifiers any month, even "pop" songs can sometimes be too poppy or not poppy enough, it just depends on what people are liking month to month and with the amount of people that take part, it's near impossible to predict what the majority will be into. However, the entry I have in mind for next month could be the most non-Taahino sounding yet, which at the moment is probably a good thing :')

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 02:56 PM