BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> CATTERGREES!, Oh no, not another game
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Spinning Adam
post 9th November 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Another chart-y game I thought of, so here's what you have to do:

I will give players a chance to PM one UK Singles Top 200 single for each round. Now when 3 days have passed I will announce what the primary, secondary and tertiary categories you didn't know you had to get, in order to win points. Whoever best fits the categories announced AFTER songs PM'd to me wins points!

Scoring
Scoring is dependent on the number of players for each round. Hypothetically, one player playing could receive a maximum 100 points (not that 1 player will be allowed in a round), and depending on the number of players the maximum possible score will be divided. E.g. for 2 players the winner could get 50 max, 3 would be 33, 4 25 etc.
If a player manages to successfully match all categories (in order), they win the max. points depending on player count. Getting just the primary and secondary or just the primary will get 2/3 or 1/3 of the max. score, respectively. For each round the categories will be different. In the case where players tie, whoever PM'd their guess first wins tongue.gif

Categories
Here are some examples of categories, which are not restricted to this list:
  • PRIMARY: Number ones
  • SECONDARY: Most weeks at ""
  • TERTIARY: Most returns to ""

• PRIMARY: Reached top 10
  • SECONDARY: Which spent most weeks in top 10
  • TERTIARY: Fewest weeks in top 100

• PRIMARY: Most weeks at peak
  • SECONDARY: Most consecutive weeks at peak
  • TERTIARY: Lowest peak

Example
Round 1
I first announce the commence of Round 1. Then players will have 3 days to PM any song whatsoever peaking in the top 200 UK Singles chart. After 3 days are up, I announce three categories PRIMARY, SECONDARY and TERTIARY. I will judge how well players meet these categories:
  • Player 1: Song A: 90-x-60-52-100
  • Player 2: Song B: 1-2-1-5-10-20-22-24-27-35-36-37-37-40-45-48-56-71-78-88-92-99
  • Player 3: Song C: 99

Since there are 3 players, the max. score (anyone reaching all three categories) could get 33 points.
Categories:
  1. PRIMARY: Which reached the top 100
  2. SECONDARY: Which wasn't #1
  3. TERTIARY: Most weeks in top 100
  • Player 1 receives 33 points for being able to satisfy all three categories.
  • Player 2 receives 11 points for getting PRIMARY correct, but could not go past SECONDARY as his song was #1.
  • Player 3 receives 22 points for reaching PRIMARY and SECONDARY, but since P1 spent more Top 100 weeks, he reaches only 22.

Player 1 wins with the most points biggrin.gif

It must sound terribly complex but I'll answer any questions below wink.gif

By the way, I've announced the first round. You have until Wednesday 18:24PM to PM wink.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:12 PM